Do any of you think "It's a Doctor! this is gonna be a fun match!"?

Coder
Coder Member Posts: 747

The devs changed him because he was annoying and boring to play against. Has that changed? To be honest, I'm not really "having fun" when playing against him, I just try to gen rush and leave.

I do have fun facing a huntress, or a bubba. I do think "Oh, nice! a huntress, let's dodge those hatchets!" but I've never felt that with a Doctor, it's more like "Oooohhh crap... a Doctor... another 10-15 minutes of my life wasted on a boring match, welp, let's do gens as fast as we can"

How do you feel about him? are you enjoying going against him? I'm not talking about using him as killer, but facing him as survivor.

Comments

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    edited January 2020

Overall yes, he’s more tolerable & more viable. He’s more effective overall and less annoying late game when he’s 3 gen camping.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

i still find doctor annoying too

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited January 2020

Yeah. It's a pretty fun time. I definitely get into lockers a lot. The same as I would do against the old Doctor.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157

I've always loved Doc matches and enjoy playing versus the newer version too. So when I load in and realize it's him, I'm excited, yes, and I look forward to playing out the match. He's killed me every time, so far, but I've been happy about it.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Yeah, i do. Playing against him has been more fun lately.

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

No i find him a lot more boring than before tbh, and the chase "music" makes playing against him even more unbearable. I preferred playing against old Doctor minus the braindead grab from treatment mode while facecamping a survivor.

Overall a waste of resources i think, they should have adjusted more maps and fix Keys and Mori's before reworking him.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Personally I'm neutral about Doc. I don't hate him but I don't love him either. He's just there and that's okay.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I don't really do this with any killer honestly. You're mostly doing the same things with any killer.

The only one that slightly annoys me is hag because you have to crouch.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

I've played against him once, and just finished my first match as one. first down: rage quit. second person I find 10 meters away, stands still and takes a hit. I walk away, disconnect. otherwise, he feels 300% better.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

All I think is "this match gonna be laggy"

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

More annoying, but I prefeer giving killer's more strong killers

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I slightly dislike that it feels like there's not really much delay between his shocks now and I have trouble being able to use windows/pallets when he's just holding W and spamming shock. Other than that, I don't have a ton of problems with him so far.

• deriasb
    deriasb Member Posts: 34

The music is too annoying , i can't tell if he is close or not , aside from that i do not like the new doc abilty , static field was a better passive and did a better job at finding (and they nerfed the way to get rid of snap out , taking you to madness 1 , and your progress to snap out saves , lame af )

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

Yeah I feel they reduced that 3 second "nothing" period a weensy bit too much. Even 2 seconds would be fine honestly. Punishes him if he misses, but still a reward for hitting.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I always use to find him fun, although a specific build and map combo was annoying.

That build and map combo is even stronger now lol especially with new Ruin but no I don’t hate Doctor. When DS works he will be ok.

• Pok
    Pok Member Posts: 100

Way better than before. The static field was really annoying, the static blast is way more situational than a passive "hey, scream if I happen to run next to you". And also the snap out of it back to tier 1 is better too. Before, I just felt screwed when I got to tier 2 with no way to hide from illusionnary doctors until the end of the game

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452

I wish the devs had never said their goal was to make anything "more fun to play against." All it has done is solidify the survivor mentality that their individual fun should trump anyone elses experience with this game. Especially if that anyone else is the killer.

Just curious what perks OP brings into the matches. Willing to bet there are some that make the killer think "Oh this is going to be a fun match!"

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Nope. I think great! Another op killer who will try hard to win and tell me to git gud when they have every advantage.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

He is fun and when I play him, I am an absolute ######### to survivors. You are in M3 for almost entirety of the match.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452

Are we playing the same game? Since when does the killer have every advantage?

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

I've always loved Doc as a character, but he also seemed lame. Now I have a *blast* trying to dodge or predict his Static Blast tbh. That and trying to dodge his shocks mid-chase kind of feels like a Huntress game. Less threatening, but just as fun or even more fun sometimes.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

When I run calm spirit, yes.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Yes I do get excited for Doctor. The only time I groan about it is when I find out my teammates are potatoes.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

I enjoy facing doctor now compared to his original version. I think the only thing I don't like is seeing people not utilize lockers when he's going to use static blast.

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137

I have calm spirit on so I enjoy it quite a bit

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited January 2020

I don't have a problem with Doctor and have fun playing against him. So, I don't not think it?

And for the record, as a survivor you're not supposed to "have fun" against every killer, otherwise no killer would ever have fun.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I’m a Doctor main who also plays survivor a decent amount. The funny part is I used to love going against Doctor but now I dread it.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I don't mind Doctor matches anymore, I can take them or leave them. There aren't a lot of killers that I really dislike in this game anymore. The only ones I can safely say I currently despise playing against are Spirit, Myers (I really don't like getting stalked through walls. It's just not my thing.) and Huntress. I used to love Huntress but dedicated servers have turned her hatchets into the most bs things in the game and it's just miserable getting hit around corners, through dead hard, through other people, basically through anything, all the time. Myers and Huntress used to be my absolute favourites to play against but now they're awful.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Personally I love going against Doctor. I enjoyed going against him before as well though. I just like the entire idea of him, A Doctor driving survivors insane by electrocuting them, and I think it's implemented very well in the game. He's a lot of fun to verse in my opinion, and the fact that he is actually threatening and powerful now makes it better.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

I like playing doctor. I don't like playing him 7+ times in a row.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

So, you never faced doctor before? The yelling and loudness isnt new.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,937

Honestly, I don't think or say that against any Killer.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

Lockers

• AppeaseTheEntity
    AppeaseTheEntity Member Posts: 61

If you want a nerf, just come out and say it.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

Hes balanced but it's boring playing him non stop

• Coder

Me? I don't want a nerf, he's not even OP. I just want to have fun, and TBH his matches are extremely boring and annoying.

• Coder

I see a lot of people saying they like playing against him. That's nice, I didn't know I was in a minority that don't enjoy playing against him, and apparently there's a majority that do.

Unless the ones that loves to play against him are more eager to respond to this thread than the ones that don't.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    edited January 2020

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

I can honestly say as survivor

I've never

Ever

Ever

Said oh boi it's this killer.

I've said

oh fck! Its blank Get the fck outta here

Or AaaHHHahAh/ -cursing-

I turn off the lights, turn the volume up, headphones in and grip my controller for deer life every time I hear a sound.

Because i enjoy horror movies and like being scared and it's the orginal reason I bought this game.

Ask killer I try to get into the mindset and when I get hate mail I reply in character

I really wish more people got into the spirt of the game

• Coder

I don't think I've ever experience fear in this game, since it's not scary at all, unless you're 9 years old I guess. And once you get good at it, you can't fear a killer, at least you dislike them (like I dislike playing against Legion or Plague) but fear?

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

He's annoying, what I especially hate is that apparently we're unable to scream and do things at the same time like moving lol do I have to pause for a second to scream?

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

I have zero problem playing against him. Not saying I always out play him, just that I don't dislike playing against him more than any other killer.

It seems like a lot of people have got used to playing only a certain way and the Doctor counters that and they don't know how to adapt. I imagine that it counters a lot of swf nonsense and that doesn't sit so well with them. I only play solo queue, so I don't have any problems with him.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I have always seen the stun from the doctor as more of a mini seizure then just a scream due to them being caused by electricity.

Needless to say your not going to be doing much while like that.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

You named my two least favorite killers to play against. I'd take Doctor over Huntress or LF any day of the week.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Yes, when I load into a game with calm spirit and then watching Doc from a top of a building desperately searching an area for 2 minutes for an ######### who brought this perk.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I feel like I have to play normally against a doctor. You really can't mess around. You're either doing a generator, going for an unhook or looping the doctor. There's no point in juking or hiding, so, fite me shock demon.