What do you like about this new update?

Options
snowflake102
snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

What do you like more? Doctor,the new ruin, or other.

What do you like about this new update? 41 votes

I like the new doctor explain why
26%
TheButcher12Blueberrymusstang62AhoyWolfpalletsryummyjasonq500TodgeweihtFilledPizzanimesulideCrescentGentDBDG 11 votes
I like the new ruin but it could use some tweaks explain why.
2%
Sirumal 1 vote
I like both
17%
OnryosTapeRentalsInjisnowflake102Fridalmanac[Deleted User]toxicmeggBrucecastro81 7 votes
Other changes. Explain what ones.
21%
BossMegaWaffleYaiPaFavi_MPxDr_LoomisSebaOutbreakKotobelkaPoktheriko 9 votes
No I hate the changes. Explain why
31%
SpacingLlamasRy4nDemiurgTragicSolitudeMarksmanSpecalBloodMoneyMercpichumudkipRin_is_my_waifuTunnelVisionKingOfGhostwoolseypizzamessRanger_939 13 votes

Comments

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477
    Options

I would be fine with Doctors change if his shock therapy wasn't garbage. The 3 sec cooldown where you can't attack is damaging to his anti-loop potential.

The Ruin change would be fine if it weren't a Hex perk. It never lasts long as is, & it forces you to juggle gens/survivors to try & get use out of it. It literally needs Surveillance to go with it for you to actually understand where you need to be since survivors can just play immersive until you fail. Going for a chase with Ruin active currently is risky on your behalf.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I like the new look of the asylum map, although it wasn't that bad before.

I play killer more and understand why Doctor had to be changed. It was just unfair and irritating with Survivors screaming out when there hadn't been any actual interaction with the Doctor.

Unfortunately the nerfs were against a killer who was low tier, and these changes have made him even lower.

I felt that a change to Ruin should of happened at the same time generator repair times were tweaked. It's quite regular now to have one generator completed before you've had to patrol them all. Repair times are ridiculous.

I would of rather seen Ruin tweaked another way and had the new Ruin included as a whole new hex.

• KingOfGhost
    KingOfGhost Member Posts: 236
    Options

Doc feel bad you can't stop loop and you follow the survivors all the time with no power most of the time.

Ruin is just bad for the game the idea the have don't work in this game and it will never work.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,959
    edited January 2020
    Options

I don't like the look of the new Lery's. It's dark and drab, just totally visually uninteresting.

I don't like the Doc's new chase music.

I don't like Doc's rework. Cool downs are not fun. This trend of adding cool downs to killers is making killer less and less appealing to play as. I'd much rather continue to play Doc as he is now than as he is in the PTB. As a survivor who can hit skill checks, I don't really see there being much difference when versing him other than his lack of a Static Field being a huge plus: the cool down on the Static Burst makes it feel much less threatening. Oh, and I guess snapping out of it will be stupid easy, rather than just being pretty easy as it is right now.

The change to Ruin is a bad one. It no longer slows survivors down early in the game, which is what killers used it for, and nothing in the game's core mechanics was changed to fix this problem which Ruin was a band-aid for in the first place, so it's just a loss for killers and a win for survivors. Small Game will probably become a mandatory perk for me because I expect many killers to start running NOED in Ruin's place. Yay, fun.

I don't like that sounds are still broken.

I do like that Oni's nerf is getting reverted a bit, so at least there's that.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Doctor's chase music & Lery's.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

The increase of NOED usage.

but seriously, Lery's is really cool but is basically the same, and they reintroduced the super safe pallets, and all the major flaws remain.

• Kotobelka
    Kotobelka Member Posts: 14
    Options

Lery's looks good

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209
    Options

They didnt change doc enough to solve his past issues, new lerys is even more survivor sided, new ruin is just a bad perk with the niche use of combining with surveillance and the reason and timing they nerfed ruin were so bad its laughable.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Ruin change was a bad idea (not talking the perk itself) because that letter really showcased where the Devs mindset is for the future of this game with the focus on new survivor players.

Lery map rework looks amazing but is getting annoying how much it pops up, it also doesn't help PS4 frame rate.

Doc rework is fine, his new "Static Blast" isn't great but then again neither was his aura before. sadly he lost some of my favorite builds and for this reason I have to say I'm not overly impressed with it.

Bugs introduced with patch, some old ones return some new ones surface...

Overall I'm not impressed with the patch but also not torn asunder by it.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options

Lery's. Probably the only thing I really liked about the update.

I don't think I like what they did with the Doctor. I used to main him but I don't really like his new playstyle, so I don't know... I'll give it some time though.

I hated going against Ruin, it was just so annoying. That being said, the change completely DESTROYED the perk. I gotta say tho, New Ruin + Surveillance is an interesting combo. Really far away from slowing the game like Old Ruin did, but interesting nevertheless, try that out.

And if there are any more changes, I probably don't care much about them, don't know about them or didn't directly affect my game experience.

• TheButcher12
    TheButcher12 Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2020
    Options

I enjoyed playing the new doctor, he felt more fluid and enjoyable to play. sure he lost his static field but now his static blast give's a burst of madness instead of slow, consistence madness progress. i would even argue that static blast yield more information then static field, since with every blast, the survivors will scream, while with static field you have to wait for survivors to gain next level madness so you know their location.

as with ruin, i don't like the changes because i know that it will negatively impact the killer community. after Hex: ruin is released along with "Of flesh and Mud" DLC in may 11th, 2017, it went untouched for 2 years and almost 1 month since released and killers relies heavily on it during that time-period because they felt that gens was getting done too quickly and needed something that buys them time to both enjoy and play more without resorting to playing dirty (I.E. camping, tunneling, slugging, etc)

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

I like his chase music and how easy he can cut loops,

• Favi_MPx
    Favi_MPx Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2020
    Options

Lery looks really good, way better than the older one.

I read about the doc that can't stop looping. Actually, he can. if you hit a survivor with the shock therapy, while on a loop, they can't throw the pallete. But be sure that you are moderately close so you can hit them with the stick.

about the ruin. it wasn't my perk of choice and now less than less. it shouldn't be a hex perk in my opinion.