Post match, How do ranks change your view of the game?

Hello it me baby killer.

Being more specific, I'm currently rank 14 killer and rank 7 survivor. I will preface this with I don't have a problem with ranks being hidden before a match. I will definitely say however, that it feels like them being hidden is a band aid for when match making doesn't do its job properly. cough.

I know I'm not the only one getting rainbow match ups in games, or getting players way out of your league whether it is in your favor or not. The question is, how does that make you feel after the game? If you win as killer and turns out they are 9 ranks below you, does it make you feel different than if the game played out exactly the same but they were higher ranks? For survivors, do you feel like your escapes aren't as valid if you were up against a rank 20 as a rank 7? Lets taco bout it.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I don't really care.

I more often click Continue immediately than stick around at the scoreboard.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

Did I get a lot of points?

yes: idc

no: fk bhvr and their poopy match making

:^)

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

very, considering it always looks like a Christmas tree with all the different pretty colors!

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Can we swap trees? Mine just stays Red! I'd prefer a rainbow tree 😁

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49

The only difference it makes to me is that I find humor in red rank survivors trash talking against a green rank killer who avoided tunneling and camping. Some like to speak down in ignorance, telling me I'll never improve or survive higher ranks. I've been the rank one huntress yeeting and deleting when I played often, but now I like to just try to scare people or make them stressed with my meme builds instead of sweat for the 4k.

I will say I feel bad for the once in a solstice match where I feel the urge to perspire and find out I'm higher rank than the survivors after it was an effortless massacre.

• baemee094
    baemee094 Member Posts: 21

One thing i can say is lot of high rank players are supposed to be not there. Compare to killers when they go rank up playing hard, survivors are lot easier to rank up by there teammates or playing stealth.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

It's silly really, I feel bad if I get destroyed by a green rank SWF team and elated when I get 4 kills against a red rank SWF team.

When really, it's obvious to me that the red rank team was boosted and the green rank team probably have been in red ranks but may have not played for a while or deliberately deranked.

Fortunately for us players that are familiar with the skill levels in the games, even when they take the end screen ranks away, we will know who was roughly rank 1 and who was roughly rank 15.

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49

It's a mixed feeling when you end a match where you struggled, but still did well in the end, and the one person who backpacked their team is yellow or green. Makes me wonder what field did this guy find these red potatoes in?

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

I play Xbox and PC. There has been times when I think I have been matched with a new (but really good) killer at rank 16-13 and they have more hours in the game than me. Even at purple ranks I have faced killers with 4500hrs or more in the game who were in green and yellow ranks . I have run into potatoes in red ranks and flashlight Gods at rank 16. When checking out spicy players I go right to the profile. Can't wait for them to remove ranks from scoreboards.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited January 2020

Ranks literally don’t matter anymore. Not since new rank reset.

Ok theres a difference between rank 1 and rank 20 but ranks 3-15 are indistinguishable. Red rank survivors are entering lockers in front of the killer now like rank 20s would and no its not for Head On.