So... What are your win conditions as killer/ survivor?

For me, I would love to take the pipping system as a winning condition. But I feel like it is too hard for killers and too easy for survivor to pip. I'm just wondering what others think winning in Dbd is. (Also Devs please fix ranking system)

Comments

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I have on average with every Killer a Killrate of 3,4. But only because of the broken Matchmaking. With the old matchmaking it was 2,6.

As survivor (I only play swf) we have 3,5 escape rate.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Its really easy.

Survivor: escape = win

As killer you can win and lose in the same game. The survivors who escape you lost to. The survivors who you kill you win to. As killer you are playing against four people. The killer is like the dealer in Black Jack. You might beat everyone, you might lose to everyone, or maybe only one person will beat your hand.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

For me, 3 survivors outs a win. Killer kills 3 he wins. 2-2s a draw. Pipping doesnt bother me.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Used to be a 4k. Now it's just meme'ing and getting any small bit of satisfaction I can out of a match. Sometimes I'll try a little harder, but for the most part, I'm relaxed these days. Can't bother trying super hard and channeling omega sweat for literally nothing. No ranked rewards = no shits given.

• Tokkern
    Tokkern Member Posts: 74

4 stacks of bbq or we are gonna live 4ever. Then i m golden.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

I personally don't care about the pip system. As a survivor if everyone escapes or if I die I consider that a win. As a killer so long as I kill one of the survivors, that's a win in my book because survivors are suppose to work together to win

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836

The Pip, as it is how the game ranks you up, determines how good you are, and who you should fight.

Everything else is subjective.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

The same metric for both: # of kills vs. # of escapes

3+ Kills = Killer wins

3+ Escapes = Survivors win

2 Kills and 2 Escapes = Draw

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited January 2020

Survive as Survivor

Get 2 kills as Killer.

Since I started to play like this, the game did become more fun, but I don't rank up as much, but you know what - that's okay, because when I get to Red Ranks I always decided to de-rank to purple (so I go to Green at rank refresh) anyways.

This way it's fun for everyone and I don't even have to derank to ensure that.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited January 2020

3 or 4k is a win.

Any kill after the gens are powered doesn't count to me. That's because getting a kill at the end camping the last guy because there's no reason to leave or getting more kills because they bumrushed the hook isn't reflective of game balance or skillful play. I don't use it, but I wouldn't count NOED kills here either for the same reason. I only count kills I earned through skillful play.

Pipping would be the better determinant for how well I played as it avoids a lot of these issues. It does still have some flaws though as multiple killers still are adversely affected by the system in a negative way like Plague as one example. Assuming the pipping problematic killers were fixed this would be a lot better way for seeing how strong killers were.

• RIPotatoes
    RIPotatoes Member Posts: 22

Survivor: To escape with at least 1 other person

Killer: have a fun time but at least get the really toxic players.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited January 2020

a fun balanced match, some hooks, some unhooks, I dont even care about a kill or escape as long as it was a fun non toxic match

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

This and scaring people. If I can scare someone, or if they can scare me, Amazing match lol.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    edited January 2020

Did I get a lot of points?

I won. (At the end of the day, that's the only thing that will impact me in the game, so there's no point in thinking about it in any other way imo)

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

Killer: To make myself laugh If I have a fun enough time I generally let everyone go.

Survivor: basically the same.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

@Almo stated that in DBD there is no clear win condition.

Every player defines it a bit different.

For some is to escape other play for max BP, other go for the 4k other want to pip and climb in rank etc.

Just play the way, you have the most fun.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

2 kills or below is a win for me if I get 3 or 4 kills then so be it

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

For me, 3 kills as killer is win, getting someone out the gates as survivor is a win.

• omegalul
    omegalul Member Posts: 47

Killer: Just have fun!

Surivor: Just have fun!

I dont care about ranks, bloodpoints, kills or escapes.

• GvFly5
    GvFly5 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2020

Killer: 4 or 3 escape =loss

2 escape= tie

1 escape =victory

0 escape is also a win

Survivor: I look at it as teamwork. To get everyone to escape. Or at least 3 to escape.

• ReallyBigShoe
    ReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764

As survivor: Black pip.

As killer: Murder.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

I base my win conditions on bloodpoints, or if I do some crazy nice jukes, plays, or if the team synergy is amazing and we all escape.

For killer, I like to reach at least 25k BPs, but for survivor, I like at least 20k-22k.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

Killer: Ruthless Killer

Survivor: Pip and escape.

If I pip but die I see it as a draw.

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178

3~4kill

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited January 2020

Survivor - Escape

Survivor with new rank reset - No chance of escaping so try to pip and farm 4 stacks of WGLF

Killer - 3k

Killer against toxic tbagging swf - Play Legion or Ghostface just so I know I sucked the fun out of the game for them 😎

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49

Killer: Successful mind games, spicy uses of power (Cheeky traps, long range hatchets, shutting down a chase almost immediately.)

Survivor: Breaking chases with stealth, mind games or by out maneuvering the killer to the point it's better to go for someone else.

The S Rank win condition: Stealth grabbing survivors. 😈

• Shaai1
    Shaai1 Member Posts: 87

I am bloodpoint farmer so both roles its getting more BP than opposite side.

For killer its usually easy, for survivor not so much, even with WAGLF.