Perfect way to end killer camping

Yet another match where unfortunately I was caught first and it was Leatherface who decided to Camp me the entire time with his chainsaw revving.

He ended up getting a second kill before the other two survivors escaped because instead of just focusing on generators one or two of them stood around doing absolutely nothing as if he had any intentions of letting me off the hook.

How about we come back this face camping situation by subtracting three points for every time the Killer stays Within 15 m of a hooked Survivor from the start of the hook through all of the phases.

This would ensure Killers wouldn't camp and survivors would hang in there and not just disconnect.

Comments

• 24Life
    24Life Member Posts: 81

That's not the perfect way as playing solo you can't communicate. Thanks anyway.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2020

To be fair the problem isn't camping it's Leatherface in most of these scenarios. If you camp as a killer survivors can rush every gen and sometimes still get everyone out because it doesn't work at all, survivors have so many perks and options to deal with it. Solo or SWF they work the same, and it's just as weak of a strategy against them unless they all lemming into you.

Leatherface is the exception, if he camps you, that is it, you WILL die there is no way to save you unless they make a mistake. He is getting a rework soon, and I highly doubt that they are going to leave his camping strength in the game when they do.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

We end camping and tunneling by balancing the game better.

• 24Life
    24Life Member Posts: 81

We get it.. "just do gens" is a terrible response. Some people don't have the ability to communicate that as we all don't play the easy way of swf.

That means we need to rely on what we see and hear in game and if you can't tell he's camping until you run across the map to check on the hook (and that goes for every other survivor. Because, AGAIN, we all don't play swf). This means a whole lot of time is wasted not being able to do gens because we rely on each other as a team.

Please stop thinking "just do gens" is a reasonable response to this camping with one hit downs issue..

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
    edited January 2020

What are you even saying. i sometimes play with a friend, sure, but mostly i play survivor alone. I dont communicate with anyone, in fact, most survivors dont communicate with others yet they dont have this problem.

the reason we say "do gens" and know it works is that eventually when you rank up you gain map awareness of whats going on. obviously you should attempt a rescue one way or the other if you are close. but usually, not everyones close to the hooked guy. So the guy not nearby, will do gens.

There are also many perks that allows you to see friendly survivors in given situations, so that will give you an idea about who is closest, and who should perform the rescue.

its not about communicating, at least not written or orally. So yes, Do the gens, is still a valid response. theres usually always someone not near the hook. that guy do generators. But ofc if he goes for a rescue as well, that just means he have no awareness.

• TDR
    TDR Member Posts: 30

But now you do not need to learn to get into the skill check. Go ahead for the fun. 

Camp part of this game. We camping cuz u all repair gens super fast. And we don’t have time for us killer-game. Peace surv main.

P.S. i would you camp too. Say me you’re nickname. I will remember you.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

That's the thing, though. How do you, or this killer, define 'winning?' Some focus on points and pipping, others on kills/escapes, and still others, how they can make one person miserable. When somebody is face camping, they most likely don't care about points. They're either A) inexperienced, B) ticked off, C) Aren't even facecamping, and just waiting for the ultra altruistic team to get near, or D) just want to make somebody misterable. Points don't really, and pipping, only play into C. And Bubba, being THE facecamping king, kinda plays into the meme. So while rushing gens and getting out is the viable option, that doesn't mean the facecamper actually cares about points.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Thats basically punishing a Killer for killing. I have to disagree. Also considering EGC, a Killer will be punished for camping there one and only kill. They have no choice but to camp once those gates are opened.

• Synfralidro
    Synfralidro Member Posts: 43

Unfortunately people who complain about the camping of killers don't know this piece of information. As always they just whine to the dev's about stuff they dont like.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I understand you camp because gens are done fast but thats not really a Survivors fault. They’re just doing their objective, but you have every right to play how you want to play.

• TDR
    TDR Member Posts: 30

Tell it to the other survivors. Complaining about how we kill is just as stupid. How to complain that survivors survive at all costs. Keys, first aid kits, flashlights, teamwork.

Rules that are not in the game...

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

This would not fix anything.

Kilkers dont camp to rank up, they camp because they are scumbags. Actually, killers already get punished for standing near hook, and get less points for the emblem. Its just that they dont care if they lose and camp anyway.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

You dont need to be able to communicate with other survivors to know if a killer is camping. If you are doing gens and the killer never comes to you and you dont see anyone else getting injured, he's most likely camping. With leatherface it is especially important to just do gens when someone gets hooked because a lot of people like to meme him.

There are perks that can help you find out if a killer is camping. Bond, empathy, kindred and even spinechill to some degree. ( if spinechill never goes off within 30 seconds after a hook, it's a good indicactor that the killer is not roaming the map.)

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Facecampers like the one in the example don't care about ranks, pips, or bp's. They're trolls who take pleasure in ruining someone else's experience. That's their gratification. Getting genrushed is absolutely no punishment to their eyes.

Taking away points for camping does nothing but making things easier for them by going against weaker players.

However, I have to admit that for a company who cares so much about 'fun', it's baffling how long this stuff has been in the game.

• ReallyBigShoe
    ReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764

I didn't say anything about anyone winning. I referred specifically to points.

• namjuunn
    namjuunn Member Posts: 43

Im usually the person who goes and tries to unhook the other one only ending up being the one hooked then and other survivors end up not doing ######### anymore and escape leaving me lol sad tbh but zero teamwork u know

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2020

If a killer is camping you literally have the time to go look for totems and defeat Noed. You have a perk that's literally a metal detector for totems.The hooked survivors is giving you free time to do this

Killer is camping. Free gens. Period. You're wasting time to go fight a losing battle when gens can be getting repaired.

You stop camping by not feeding it. Period. Dot.

Yet everyone still wants to take the path with the most resistance then harp when the killer gets kills from YOU giving them to him.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

2 mins on hook until death for 3 survivors to finish 5 gens and find and cleanse 5 totems.

It all depends on how quickly that survivor went down. Often the survivors can get the gens done but at the expense of totems before the killer comes to camp another victim.

• Amber351
    Amber351 Member Posts: 33

Well if every survivor used kindred there'd be no problem but that's just not possible

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Thats like the worse "perfect" camping solution. If they camping they dont give a damn about emblems or bp. Thats like saying a kid will lose his vegetables if he doesnt clean his room. The kid doesn't care about the vegetables in the slightest, and the killer doesnt care about pipping or bp in the slightest. There is no way to get rid of camping without ######### over killers severely. This is just one of those cases of either git gud or get used to it. Camping is here to stay unless hooks somehow get reworked

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Haven't you noticed that the devs have only punished camping? If they tried to take it out it'll ######### everything up.

• LordOfTheBald
    LordOfTheBald Member Posts: 7

At the end of the day, people camp. They camp in CS, they camp in COD, heck there are a few camped out the field round the back. Point is is that you are playing against another person. Not everyone thinks the same way, or plays the same way. If everyone did we would live in a very boring world.

Accept that in this game people will camp, it happens. Insidious is a perk designed for camping. And bt is designed to stop camping. If at the end of the game only you die but your 3 teammates escape then on the whole you win, individually yeah you lost but if you hadn't have honourable and heroically sacrificed yourself then you would not have won.

Honestly if you get face camped, take the L or hope your team make some super duper big ball plays (it can be done if coordinated) . I go make a cuppa if this happens.

Stay safe

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328

Its legitimate strategy same like tunneling but many entitled survivors still dont understand it. Job of survivor team is do gens while killer is camping. Killer got punishment by hook proximity and lost gens while camping. Its more then balanced as it is now, but its not enough for some entitled survivors and better go cry to forum and invent nonsenses how get easier games for survivors.

Survivors/BHVR still dont understand that only real way to prevent camping and tunneling is fix gen repair times so killers will not be forced to camp to ensure at least some kills. Gen times are so much ridiculous that there is no time to chase and hook every survivor 3x, its literaly impossible. Usualy 1 generator is done before killer can even cross map and find first survivor and after Ruin nerf its even worse. Best way to stop camping/tunneling is not by punishments but by motivation of killers. Nerf toolboxes and prolong repair time of gens and you will see that killers will camp/tunnel less.

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445

Some killers dont care for BP, Pips or emblems. All they want is to kill.

If you're lucky your mates are smart enough to do gens and dont feed him. If they do gens, the killer feels confirmed that camping was the right decision.

It's a never ending story. If it happens to me and my mates aren't smart, i just suicide and move on.

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270

Problem is the matchmaking system. These people never lose pips, they only black pip. It's undeniably easy to get to purple ranks and even red ranks (im a rank 2 survivor and I play this game casually, not competetively and it shows that it's not much of an achievement as most of my team are immersed people that don't take hits for you and let you get tunneled by the camping killers when you could've easily all escaped.

The matchmaking system needs a complete overhaul, it's utterly useless as it is and I think I remember the Devs saying somewhere it's not skill based but I can't remember where. If it isn't skill based why the ######### do you have it, your just making excuses for your broken ass system. Red ranks should be hard to get in and hard to stay in and you should play against people with moderate levels of skill

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Sounds fine, 2 lived 2 died.

This is what the devs call balance.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261

You also have the time period before the survivor got on the hook. Its not like they spawned on it.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Just do generators. 2 minutes is more than enough time to do all gens and open the exit gates (Yes, genspeed is THAT busted). Assuming you did a half decent chase before getting caught, its 100% a loss for the killer, if the team plays it smart. If you are solo, and are worried about the obliviousness of your team, equip Kindred. Kindred trumps any stealth abilites, including but not limited to the perk Insidious.

Survivors have the tools to beat any killer, they just need to use them.

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212
    edited January 2020

That's your view on things, there are alot of hidden factors that may lead to why killer proxy, unless you play both sides, you won't get why a killer tend to act or how he might react. For instance upon hooking, a killer may proxy camp/search if bbq only shows 1 person which means there are people within proximity, whispers is up/ survivors disrespect killer by going for instant unhook/ if they see a survivor baiting near a loop etc or being clicky with their Torchlight

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

There is no face camping anymore. There is only camping. If they bring a tent you had your chance not to get caught. Tough chit if you ask me mate

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I've been an extremely camp Leatherface recently. Camp as Christmas. Been trying to get the Dwight and Jake 25 sacrifices and wear their faces.

• hammertime
    hammertime Member Posts: 51

If you are having a hard time playing survivor still after all the benefits you should probably just quit.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Camping already has a solution. The problem is the survivors don't know what to do.

I ran kindred one game and LF got me in the basement. I was solo so I brought kindred for this very reason. After looping LF for a good amount of time(no one finished a gen during this, yay randoms) he finally got me and hooked me in the basement. It was the auto haven map where the shack is in the very middle and he had all the perks needed to bring me there. The entire time he stood in front of me with his chainsaw revved. I stayed on that hook for as long as I possible could and 2 people were sitting at the top of stairs hoping he would leave. Only 1 person was doing gens. I brought the god damn perk that is made for this situation. They could see him through the walls and floor and most of them still screwed up. It was obvious he wasn't leaving. If everyone was working on a gen they could have escaped, LF would have had 1k, no points, not even a safety pip.

You have everything you need to solve this problem. Stop asking the devs to hold your hand.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Then tell the devs to bring ruin back the way it was... You make the game twice as hard for the killer, there gonna adapt any way they can to enjoy the game also. If that means only 1 kill, so be it.

"If he dies, he dies then"

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
  • Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    edited January 2020

20/30 seconds for a down + about 10 seconds to pickup/hook all that stuff + 120 seconds to go through 2 phases of sacrifice = 150/160 seconds;

Each generator takes 80 seconds on default (solo, no toolbox);

3 people on separate gens = 3 gens on first 80 seconds + about 10/15 seconds to find the gen is 90/95 seconds to get 3 gens.

Now that 3 gens are complete two of you can get the same gen and it goes by on 44 + the previous time = 99 seconds.

The two of you can search for totems as the last one gets the gen. He has about 15 seconds of spare time before the Survivor on hook dies.

For me seems plenty of time if the Survivors team play optimally.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353
    edited January 2020

Well I’m not a little [BAD WORD], so if someone camps me I just leave and say gg, it is a viable but not strong strategy. Survivors have to learn that there is other strategies besides your dream idea of a killer to patrol gens, hook a guy and run as fast as he can across the map

• leslie4445
    leslie4445 Member Posts: 44

Unfortunately for u maybe but on ps4 i can bring up the pause menu and the player list is there so id message them lol

• leslie4445
    leslie4445 Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2020

Exactly lad!!! Survivors get like 5 second chances lol to survive...like ######### how is that fun also???

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

If the player you are against decides to camp you the threat of emblem progress lost or points lost is not going to stop them. They chose to play like that accept it and move on.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

No man, you have no idea how many times I hook someone, I start going away and a guy instaunhooks... Like... Really? I don't want to be sanctioned cause they play dumb AH

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

I have 7 perfect ways to end camping

DS

Unbreakable

BT

Kindred

Hook Tech

1 for 1

Tanking hits