Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Huntress crosshair on console

I am a console player of DBD and IMO Huntress is not very good on console. One of the reasons behind this is this is that it is much harder to aim with a controller than a mouse AND there is also a limitation to sensitivity on console.

So I was just wondering if the devs may ever add in a crosshair for Huntress on console to help her out a bit?

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Well console shooters have auto aim or at least aim assist...

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@Tsulan said:

I was also thinking of that it's just that I don't think the devs have the best history of implementing an auto aim system lol

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:

Well but DBD is a PC game ported to console...

@IronWolf115 said:
    I am a console player of DBD and IMO Huntress is not very good on console. One of the reasons behind this is this is that it is much harder to aim with a controller than a mouse AND there is also a limitation to sensitivity on console.

So I was just wondering if the devs may ever add in a crosshair for Huntress on console to help her out a bit?

Some monitors support a crosshair overlay feature, might check if you are lucky.
    And then there is also the old school way of doing it, i.e. using some tape :wink:

• IronWolf115

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

@IronWolf115 said:

Some monitors support a crosshair overlay feature, might check if you are lucky.
    And then there is also the old school way of doing it, i.e. using some tape :wink:

Lol I am about to resort to that, another thing I forgot to mention is the framerate on console which hurts Huntress even more so I feel a crosshair may at least help with that also.

• Tsulan

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

@IronWolf115 said:

Call of Beauty was a PC shooter and got ported to consoles.
    GTA V had auto aim on console and mouse aim on pc.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

@IronWolf115 said:

You cant compare games like that to a game frmo BHVR. COD and GTA V have not been coded in spaghetticode :wink:

• Tsulan

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

@IronWolf115 said:

You cant compare games like that to a game frmo BHVR. COD and GTA V have not been coded in spaghetticode :wink:

I mean how hard can that be? Just strap the auto aim of Freddy on the Huntress and thats it. You´ll hit everything you don´t want to hit.

• IronWolf115

@Tsulan said:

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

@Master said:

@Tsulan said:

@IronWolf115 said:

I mean how hard can that be? Just strap the auto aim of Freddy on the Huntress and thats it. You´ll hit everything you don´t want to hit.

Aim for the Dwight in front of you, try to hit the Meg 20ft away from you....

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

You’re already throwing mini fridges at them, what more do you want?

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:
    You’re already throwing mini fridges at them, what more do you want?

Someone asked for a huntress addon that lets you destroy pallets. Now imagine the required force behind this throw. This hit would flip a car.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Huntress mains with hours of practice don't need cross-hairs. They will snipe your ass. Keep practicing and stop asking for training wheels.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Put a piece of tape on your monitor... There is your crosshair

• IronWolf115

@fcc2014 said:
    Huntress mains with hours of practice don't need cross-hairs. They will snipe your ass. Keep practicing and stop asking for training wheels.

I am on console, with a controller and bad framerate, these "training wheels" are just to help with the issues on console

• IronWolf115

@IronWolf115 said:

@fcc2014 said:

I am on console, with a controller and bad framerate, these "training wheels" are just to help with the issues on console

Plus to add to that I am not even asking for huntress to be buffed or anything like that, just a small bit of compensation for the differences of console vs PC

• fcc2014

@IronWolf115 said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@fcc2014 said:

Plus to add to that I am not even asking for huntress to be buffed or anything like that, just a small bit of compensation for the differences of console vs PC

I'm on console also PS4 to be specific. I 100% understand frame rate, lag from the peer to peer and hit box issues.

• IronWolf115

@fcc2014 said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@fcc2014 said:

I'm on console also PS4 to be specific. I 100% understand frame rate, lag from the peer to peer and hit box issues.

Yeah tbh if the framerate wasn't so bad I probably wouldn't even ask for this lol

• fcc2014

@IronWolf115 said:

Yeah tbh if the framerate wasn't so bad I probably wouldn't even ask for this lol

It is more of an obstacle than anything currently. The framerate wasn't great but after 2.0 it really went to #########. If we can get it back to pre 2.0 that would feel like a victory. I went up against a high rank huntress on shelter woods a few days ago she did not get one hit from her hatchets. It was a damn mess.

• IronWolf115

@fcc2014 said:

@IronWolf115 said:

It is more of an obstacle than anything currently. The framerate wasn't great but after 2.0 it really went to #########. If we can get it back to pre 2.0 that would feel like a victory. I went up against a high rank huntress on shelter woods a few days ago she did not get one hit from her hatchets. It was a damn mess.

Yeah I dunno what happened to the framerate after 2.0 but hopefully they are on to something about fixing it

• fcc2014

I teleported on to a trap last night while crouched. Someone else i was playing with was in struggle on a hook and when the huntress through an axe the skipped a frame and died. I teleported behind a wall when the doctor shocked me. I usually don't play any ping over 200 either.

• IronWolf115

@fcc2014 said:
    I teleported on to a trap last night while crouched. Someone else i was playing with was in struggle on a hook and when the huntress through an axe the skipped a frame and died. I teleported behind a wall when the doctor shocked me. I usually don't play any ping over 200 either.

Damn, its a shame how it is right now.

I guess we have just got to try and hold on

• fcc2014

Do you remember the lagging back to the hook bug??? OMG we dealt with that for weeks. That was game breaking. If you didn't play at that time, the deal was if you got hooked after you got unhooked you lagged backward even after it appeared you were far away. Every single killer would try and put you in the basement.

• IronWolf115

@fcc2014 said:
    Do you remember the lagging back to the hook bug??? OMG we dealt with that for weeks. That was game breaking. If you didn't play at that time, the deal was if you got hooked after you got unhooked you lagged backward even after it appeared you were far away. Every single killer would try and put you in the basement.

No I wasn't playing at that time but that sounds insanely annoying

• fcc2014

@fcc2014 said:

It was a nightmare. 
  • Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    This game on console is so frame-f***ed. I play on PS4 as well. Skipping frames throughout the entire match, even if the killer has good connection. I’m hard-wired, so my connection is stable as well. I just feel like if the frames were fixed or touched up you won’t need the crosshair. I never had an issue landing hatchets before the latest patch (that is unless of course survivors are good at dodging/turning corners)
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    I thought by crosshair you meant the Huntress' hair getting in the way of her vision and distracting you while you throw an axe.
  • IronWolf115

@PigNRun said:
    I thought by crosshair you meant the Huntress' hair getting in the way of her vision and distracting you while you throw an axe.

I wish that is what I did mean lol

• IronWolf115

@Michiko said:
    This game on console is so frame-f***ed. I play on PS4 as well. Skipping frames throughout the entire match, even if the killer has good connection. I’m hard-wired, so my connection is stable as well. I just feel like if the frames were fixed or touched up you won’t need the crosshair. I never had an issue landing hatchets before the latest patch (that is unless of course survivors are good at dodging/turning corners)

Yeah you know it is actually the same with me, I honestly have never been a Huntress main or anything but I used to get pretty good shots before 2.0 and now I find it REALLY hard to hit people.

Maybe then this is the real issue I ( and clearly many others ) are having. If the framerate gets fixed then I may actually change my mind about this post.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Crosshair? Use the blue aiming arc in your head to aim... or use tape (boring)
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    the Cross Hairs would make the Huntress a bit more difficult to deal with and give her more power.

if anything line your body up with the survivors and aim to the right or left . it will curve into them or they'll curve into it
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@feffrey said:
    the Cross Hairs would make the Huntress a bit more difficult to deal with and give her more power.

A very good argument for doing this. Thank you, feffrey, for your excellent point.

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    edited August 2018
    I think she does need the extra support on console, pc users probably will use it somewhat but the ones who have thousands of hours are gonna do what’s always worked for them anyway with her reguardless , and some may ask for the option to turn them off for distraction or misconceptions of what they’re used to.

Solution for now:

Get a fine point dry erase marker and a tape measure, find the exact center of the screen from side to side and then top to bottom and there are your crosshairs that can be easily wiped away, at least it helps until something like that is implemented.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@IronWolf115 said:

I've never played Huntress. But you can adjust killer and survivor camera speed in settings separately

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    fcc2014 said:

This.
  • IronWolf115

Well it seems the real issue is actually the framerate problems they are having right now so hopefully they will get sorted in due time and I will be able to aim with Huntress again.

Thanks for reading this though!

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@fcc2014 said:
    IronWolf115 said:

@fcc2014 said:

It was a nightmare. 

Got unhooked with BT, ran into the groaning storehouse (basement was in shack, where I was hooked) I go down and teleport to the basement (basically across the map) killer says I was just running into a wall in the basement from his view. HOLY HECK

• fcc2014

@Jack11803 said:

Got unhooked with BT, ran into the groaning storehouse (basement was in shack, where I was hooked) I go down and teleport to the basement (basically across the map) killer says I was just running into a wall in the basement from his view. HOLY HECK

It was the craziest game breaking mechanic we ever dealt with. Spawn in can't move, get stuck in crouch mode, frame drop die on the hook, shadow and phantom hits. They are one or two games. This was every game for weeks!