Nerf SWF =p

I’ve played both Survivor and Killer so I know exactly how OP talking on coms can be. I use to main killer until my games tonight. I literally just uninstalled the game due to SWF group’s toxicity. I’m not saying all groups are toxic but the game is just easier for them.

Is there a way to include the killer into the communication? Or once the group enters the match they can no longer communicate? I’m one person VS four people constantly updating each other on my whereabouts.

I know because my matches as survivor with friends went like this...”Hey, it’s Ghostface so be alert. Ok he’s on me now get to a gen. He left me and headed your way.” Etc...

We all escaped with the greatest of ease. He got a single hook.

I hate what this game has become. Maybe one day I’ll be back but for now. Farewell to the fog.

Comments

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

If you think it is too easy to win in a swf group then don't play that way. I usually play with one friend, rarely in a group of 3 or 4 and for us it's more like

"Hi, how's ur day?" "Boring, oh no, I hate this map" "Have you watched latest episode of show by?" "Yeah AAAA@#$% it's ghostface!!!" "run for ur life dude!"

Theres always a little information more than you'd get as solo, but also a lot of distraction by talking about stuff and fooling around, wasting time by having fun.

I am aware that there are also well organized groups who play serious and it is difficult against them as killer. But if you'd nerf swf in general, I'd probably would stop playing along with a lot of other people (basically e everyone I know who plays this game). We play for fun, not to bully the killer and not to sweat and tryhard to escape. Idc if I get sacrificed or not as long as I'm longer than 2 minutes in the match and not get tunneled to death instantly I most likely have a good time and would be ok with getting sacrificed. If I go against a killer who had a bad round I sometimes even give him the kill for free if he played fair.

As you already said, not all swf groups are toxic. But if swf get nerfed in general, the people who play relaxed and for fun are the ones who get punished the most.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Solo queue for killers...

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Ok. So I want to spend time with my mates in a game that we all enjoy, but we don't have 5 people for customs.

You want to punish me because I want to spend time with friends who I trust more in this game than randoms.

There have also been quite a few times where the comms are just "OH, FECK! GET HIM OFF ME, GET HIM OFF ME, I'M ON FINAL HOOK!"

"Where are you"

"I DUNNO! JUST GET HIM OFF ME!"

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

If you want to nerf it trying to interfere with VOIP is the least feasible option.

Absolutely impossible to enforce. People could just voice chat from other devices anyway, like using Discord on their phone while playing on PC or console. Even trying to do it is one gigantic waste of resources.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

If you introduce playing with friends you CANNOT stop comms full stop e.g. mobile/cell phone whilst playing the game.

The terror game isn't designed for map wide comms more a solo experience but SWF brings more players and players bring money.

As most SWF teams have an advantage with or without comms, the game should be balanced around this and personally and especially on console it should be based around using comms.

The game is played for fun so whilst SWF is fun for the survivors it can seriously affect the killers fun.

The issue is being ignored by BHVR and killers aren't playing so survivor queues become longer, to hear about crazy ideas where you don't even see a killers ranking would show the games imminent death.

The solution to queues is to remove SWF but this will never happen so as identifying SWF is easy for BHVR patches to increase killer perk slots against a 4 man swf or removing perk slots from 2 or 3 SWF group survivors is easier to do and would allow this game to survive before this year is out. I have my fingers crossed but fear a mori clown.

• Rezolushun
    Rezolushun Member Posts: 12

For sure there’s plenty of SWF that are just hanging out while playing. I made a comment above after my post suggesting maybe separating casual matches from ranked matches. I just feel like if you want to play casually then all perks/items and add-ons should just be available for all and everyone can just have fun playing. But while playing a in a competitive setting (ranked) then to be fair either involve you he killer in the chat or don’t have it at all.

• Rezolushun

Not literally. I guess you didn’t read the full post or my first comment.

My suggestion is to have casual play separated from ranked play. The custom game option should be available as casual play where all perks/items and add-ons are available. SWF groups with coms or whatever can just play for fun.

Ranked matches should be based on skill as solo players.

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212

All i'm asking for is a little info ie: those who swf and join a lobby together gets a mark(preferably same color marks) to distinguish if a player joins a lobby with someone else or is a solo or if it's a 2v2 swf etc. What? Survivors allowed to gain info and killer does not have an inkling of info to gain? Atleast that helps the killer adjust his gameplay instead of trying to waste time and discern themselves if these players are on comms etc

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

Thats also what I'd like to see. Not necessarily who plays together, but an indicator for the killer above the lobby, something like 2-2, 2-1-1, 3-1, 1-1-1-1, 4

So the killer knows if there are swf and how many and can prepare. It would also help solo survivor to see this.

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288

I am a survivor main and when i play with swf groups, i insist on NO comms whatsoever as a condition for playing. That is not how the game is currently balanced and it is unfair toward killers. I would urge all other survivor players to do the same.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

People play SWF cause solo queue is terrible

And most of the time SWF is just people memeing

Believe me, I know

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

Nobody would play ranked and everyone would be toxic and tryhard in casual.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Most games would just ban the use of third part software to gain a competitive advantage. Yes I meant to describe that - that specific. It's really dumb that swf can do that and solo's cannot. I would see it as misuse of other software, but the dev's don't, and refuse to add voice chat to the game to give Solo's even a chance at having the same tools as a SWF. I don't even care about the Killer side, as I know for a fact that the game will become better balanced for Killers if they just added voice chat for solo survivors.

Sure many may not even use Voice Chat as a Solo, but it at least gives them availability to the same tools.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Voice chat was in the game, but was removed since it was 'Too OP', but this doesn't stop PC users using things like Discord, or Xbox/PS4 using the Party system to talk that way. No matter how you look at it, SWF can always communicate. And it's not like they can outright ban people for using party chat on Consoles since that's built-in software to the consoles. As for PC, maybe, but then at the same time, it wouldn't be fair to ban chat for PC but keep allowing Console to use their party chat. It's really a no-win situation with SWF

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

At that point, SWF would just call people up on their phones lol

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,883

They are never going to punish people for wanting to play with their friends. Never. Fast way to kill the game.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

That would destroy the game. This game used to have solo queue and group queue. There’s a reason it was merged into one. There isn’t enough players to have any queue but a big one.

SWF is strong, but the numbers suggest only 20% or less of games are SWF. If they’re a good SWF then go for the black pip and move on. My concern is that they balance for the SWF AND it affects solo queue or duo queue. That would also destroy the game.

• imlegion
    imlegion Member Posts: 62

They won’t it’s called party chat through console and well if they do that I’m sure they have to go through some hoops you can’t just make a game with communication to people by your side and no not all swf make it out and to be honest I don’t run into a lot and if I do morri

• imlegion

noed Needs a change if swf needs a change

• FrankSRfromIT
    FrankSRfromIT Member Posts: 59

I started playing this game with my 2 sons and my oldest's girlfriend(they are all adults). Anyways, we would play a couple times a month, never seriously, but I didn't realize the advantage we had when my kids would warn me about the killer (I was real bad, hahaha).

I recently started playing killer on my own, and there is such an advantage to SWF. Just this week I have had 2 matches where I didn't even knock down a player, I never saw them. Now I am not that good, but I usually can at least 1k every game, and for sure knock someone down, but I never saw anyone, or scratches. It was like they were invisible. The one match last night had some buildings with high points and as I was walking around trying to figure out where everyone was I noticed someone standing on one of the high points watching me. When I went to get them, they ran and when I looked back someone else had taken their spot........since I never DC because I hate when survivors do it to me, I just went into a corner of the map, and played on my phone until the game was done.

It is such a huge advantage to the survivor, how to combat it I don't know. While I play with my kids we are usually talking about life and not the game, and I get that is why some people play is to have fun with their friends, but something should be granted to the killer to offset the SWF. I do like the suggestion of a number above their head showing who they are playing with.

It is zero fun when you are getting bullied as killer.

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328
    edited January 2020

Here I agree. Swf voice comm is simulating many aura reading perks and it should be balanced.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

You could always just balance the game for a 4 party SWF and allow the survivor team voice comms during the game. I think everyone would enjoy that. But the killers would have to be buffed and maps would have to be nerfed.

• ImLeslieKetamine
    ImLeslieKetamine Member Posts: 119

SWF is OP, but there's no reason to make a big deal about it.

It'll always be in the game, and it's fun to play in one.

• NullEXE

The add voice chat and balance around it. The Killer is supposed to be the power role anyways, and if the Survivors decide not to use the tools available, then that is their problem. Not the Killers.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I'd love to have a F13 type system in place, where you can only hear each other, or the survivors, within a certain distance. At least if that was put into place, killers can't complain about comms anymore.

• NullEXE

SWF would still be stronger, but at least with a proximity chat the game would be more balanced, and to be honest even more fun. I agree. I would really like to see this added as well.

So many times I find other survivors and we are meme'ing it up, it would be great to shoot the ######### while we both Dwight in Lockers in the basement.

• Levitika
    Levitika Member Posts: 226

In lieu of trying to remove the ability for them to communicate for an unfair advantage over non-SWF players (which let's face it, is impossible), why not consider the idea of an in-game penalty? Then the casual people who just want to play in groups aren't as bothered, and the douchebag SWFs who want to just wreck the killer's day have no leg to stand on.

• liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344
    edited January 2020

They don't need to do anything with SWF. I play mostly solo but it gets super frustrating when playing with randoms that will literally let you die on your first hook or leave you at EGC because you don't mean squat to them. Sometimes its nice to have someone there you can depend on to at least TRY and help you when you get in a tight spot.

Killers are still getting tons of kills according to the stats. Yeah, it sucks when you get wrecked by a hardcore SWF, I've been there many times (assuming they even were in a party chat), but its not constant.

I believe most casual SWFs consist usually of two people. Could be wrong since it is just a guess. That's usually how I do it, too. Just me and my sister play. When I do play with my other friends (making up a 4 SWF) its usually chaos because we get stuck being too altruistic.

Edit: They should make different game modes, though. At the very least Casual and Ranked.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

There really is no way to balance SWF. Doing so would essentialy require redesigning the entire game from the ground up to be balanced around voice comms.

That means no "anti-info" perks for Killers (Eg Knockout/Third Seal), no info perks for Survivors (bond, empathy, Kindred ect.), no Totems, and no stealth Killers.

Completely unfeasible.

The only real option to "fix" SWF is to make it optional for Killers, and give them some kind of BP+EXP bonus to incentivize them to play against SWF.

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355

So, I had a talk about this a little ago with @Waffleyumboy about this. I actually kinda like his suggestion.

Make SWF the base power of the game. Buff solo to the same level as swf, and buff killer the same amount.

It seems stupid, I understand. But if you think about it, it kinda is genius. If every survivor is great, whether on swf or solo, then the game can be balanced around everyone, and not people wanting balance around the top tier of play.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

The amount of changes needed to do that would be absurd.

It would essentially require redesigning the whole game from the ground up.

Basically making an entirely new game.

Completley, 100% unfeasible.

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355

Fair enough. However. If feasible, would you not agree it would be a good idea?

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
  • Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

No amount of buffs will ever bring solos to the same level as SWF.

The only thing that will do is voice coms for everyone, and that literally breaks the game.

Thus, I believe they won't do anything to address this cancer.

• imlegion

Seriously it’s just like ruin old ruin it passively gives you a insta down granted it’s a end game perk one that can sometimes last and sometimes be destroyed before you can use it but if your going to get rid of on extreme on one side you better expect the same for killer just saying it’s not hard it’s basic balance

• Rezolushun

Just cleanse the five totems during the game and you never have to worry about it

• imlegion

Noed doesn’t become active till the end of the game and no I’m waisting gen time on a totem the longer you stay the more pressure a killer has chases hooks time for him to fiqure out how people play I’ll worry about it at the end but my opinion you should need stacks like devour hope for every hook you make during the trial awards you a insta down token say you hook 2 survivors atleast 2 times that’s 4 tokens for the last two survivors you have four insta hits for 2 survivors seems fair and you have to do something for it

• imlegion

Self care should be the same way though for every survivor you save gain the ability to heal yourself 1 per safe hook rescue

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    edited January 2020

It worries me how BHVR keep avoiding this

• Machy619
    Machy619 Member Posts: 23

I play with one friend as well and it goes exactly as the original post described either way. He runs Object of Obsession so he watches the killer and loops them and I go do gens. Swf is way too easy