Entitled survivor mains' complaints are evolving

AStupidDavid
AStupidDavid Member Posts: 156
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

Can entitled survivor mains please stop? Lmfao this is getting out of hand, everyday I read at least 20 posts complaining and suggesting killer nerfs that are completely unnecessary considering the current state of the game. Today I even read one about making slugging a perk, yes, you heard me MAKE SLUGGING A PERK (and no it wasn't bait, the guy was 100% serious)🤣

Comments

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Hex ruin should be no hex anymore. Then we can talk!

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

When I saw this thread I was 100% sure its going to be either some hurt killer OR its going to be about that one survivior main that has archieved highest state of survivonese enlightment.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

I'm still honestly curious how a slugging perk would work.

• Archimedes5000

You know, every time someone complains about DS working even if killer is not tunneling, the prime counter is always: "jUsT sLuG for more pressure". But that one guy claimed that slugging should be a perk, because its not fun to be slugged, and without a per you can only have 1 person on the ground.

If this is not peak of survivionese enlightment then I dont know what is.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

While I agree that slugging as a perk is absurd, let's not pretend like slugging for a killer isn't a luxury. You wouldn't be slugging if people were getting right back up over and over with the unlimited amount of times it happens.

I just don't wanna hear about how killers would play "nicer" if perks like Ruin weren't nerfed and DS didn't exist. Because that is just as absurd.

• AStupidDavid
    edited January 2020

Thankfully, I'm neither of those. I play both survivor and killer lol

• Archimedes5000
    edited January 2020

I agree about Ruin, but actually DS kinda works like that.

When I play Trapper and someone, fully healed, gets caught in my trap, so I pick him up AND GET ######### BY DS just because I hooked him less than 1 minute ago, and it does not matter how many people I hooked in the meantime, then trust me, I feel intense urge to TUNNEL THAT ######### AND HIS FAMILY TO DEATH even if its not his fault.

• Archimedes5000

This thread is clearly about the second option.

I even thought about the same thread as you

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209

Same dude guess you'd have to give all survivors inate unbreakable everytime they go down and have to use a perk to stop them from being able to get back up, which would be totally fair and balanced.

• Johnny_XMan

@Archimedes5000

If they were to rework DS (Which I doubt since it's probably in the best spot it will ever be) Killers would still slug. I say this being someone who plays killer. I would still slug because it is a strat to slow down at times.

So in essence what I am saying is that, if they have that luxury, survivors should have some type of luxury. They get it in the form of a perk, so they have to waste a slot to "possibly" use it. Killers get the slugging feature as a base. You don't have to do anything, literally just down them and leave them.

I also play Trapper (he is one of my favorite killers) and I completely understand what you are saying. The best advice I can give you is hit instead of grab. Especially if you know a) They are obsession b) They were just unhooked. Even if you think you are wasting time, if you didn't specifically tunnel them, you might have 20 seconds max to wait. This is keeping 1 person off the gen and requires another to come heal them. I've gotten snowballs out of that.

Also DS is only a one time use. Slugging is unlimited, so the difference is quite high IMO.

• Archimedes5000

Yeah, I know, just saying that DS hitting at bullshit times really can make you play less nice.

I think DS could get a bit of rework.

For example disabling when DS user is caught in a trap, starts doing gens, starts healing, starts cleansing, there are multiple other people hooked/downed, etc.

• AStupidDavid

Oh lol I thought you meant my post not that guy's post, yeah the second option definitely

• AStupidDavid
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by AStupidDavid on
  • Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

DS is such a hit or miss perk though.

I bring it and I get slugged for an entire minute and a half

I take it off and get tunneled the next match.

I keep it off and for whatever reason I get into a game where no one has it, and we get picked up immediately after down bc the killer doesnt need to worry about it lol.

• Johnny_XMan

@Archimedes5000

The problem is that they made DS to have an anti tunnel feature. When in reality DS doesn't stop the tunneler. You can still tunnel someone even after you've been stabbed. I've done it.

So with that in mind, even if they reworked DS. The fact that you can slug for an unlimited amount of time, would make the perk nearly worthless.

Imagine this: A reworked DS player gets unhooked. You don't go back to the hook. The player accidently steps into a trap 4 feet from the hook, their DS deactivates. You are encouraged to go back because you know this information.

Yeah we can discuss how the player should have watched out for the trap, but in the same manner we can also discuss how the killer can just slug to run out the timer.

• Archimedes5000

If all conditions where you are not tunneled anymore (what I mentioned above and more) disabled DS, then I would be 100% content with DS timer being paused while you are slugged.

Because slugging someone immediately after unhook can also be considered kind of tunneling. But only when you are not forced to slug by DS working when it should not.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited January 2020

@Archimedes5000

Honestly, and I say this with an open mind...

I think the timer pausing while being slugged is a terrible idea. I feel like it somehow "tames" the killer. When I should just rip through their bo-...😜😅 I mean when I should just be able to keep tunneling if I want to.

Imagine how bad this would be if the last gen has just gotten done, a person with DS is on hook and you know you can't go back or else you will get hit because you can't slug them to run the timer off.

I mean, as a survivor I'd enjoy this. As a killer not so much.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

Well, it's easy. If the killer doesn't pick up the survivor in, let's say, 20 seconds, he'll be up again automatically.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited January 2020

Why don’t you try explaining to them why their suggestion wouldn’t be a good fit for the game and how it would affect it? Rather than always trying to mock anyone who calls for an adjustment to a killer.

You say BHVR hates killers but I can assure you if that was the cause the forums wouldn’t be the way they are with a rabid killer main clique being allowed to jump down everyones throats and ridicule anyone that suggests balance.

As if this doesn’t swing both ways either with the entitlement. Everything is fine according to killers. Everything. No matter how broken something is its everyone else that needs to adapt. Meanwhile they’ll complain about the slightest thing on the survivor side. Any killer or perk gets a slight tweak and suddenly its worthless and unuseable. Also gen speeds so fast its literally impossible to win all you can do as killer now is try to camp one guy out and hope NOED grants you a second kill......well thats the game according to the entitled killer mains lmao. But it’s not them who needs to get better at the game oh no. They’ll just log on here and start dictating how survivors are now going to be doing extra objectives running around looking for gas and generator parts just so that the killer has time to win, even though the stats show that plenty of competent killers are doing just fine.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

This is not absurd at all. Did you never play as killer or what? At some point you know pretty damn well that the survivors are struggling and you could end the game right now but instead of doing that you take off a bit of pressure so you can have more points, potential double pip and more points for them too.

As an example, you see an pretty unsafe unhook, do you tunnel the person or go for the healthy one? Depending on how pressure is, this usually would play a significant role in my decision, nowadays? Who gives a #########.

That is the way it has been for me as killer depending on what I play, that is probably because why I do not get as much as hate/toxic comments on my profile but instead +rep from people that died in my trials.

• AStupidDavid

Not a killer main, I play both roles and I've actually been playing more survivor than killer lately and that's why I think it's ridiculous that people want more nerfs I mean the game is already hard as it is for killers honestly. Also I did try to explain to him/her why it was a bad idea and he/she insulted me, I insulted him/her back and now I'm jailed😀(btw I just called him/her a troglodyte, not even that much of an insult)

I never said they hate killers, you're literally just putting words in my mouth that I never said.

I don't care about the ruin change, to me it was a useless perk anyways because it always got destroyed in the first 30 seconds of the match.

Thank you for showing us how much of an entitled survivor you are, let me know when you start playing both roles please.

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445

If i play both sides and dont main anything, is my opinion more valid?

Or does requesting nerfs for any side make me main the other side?

• Johnny_XMan
    edited January 2020

@AStupidDavid

I think by him/her saying the entitlement goes both ways is correct.

I saw a post of someone asking for survivors to fix 12 gens instead of 5. All due to the Ruin change. I'm pretty sure they were serious, but mocking them would not be my style.

Playing both roles means you have an understanding of both sides, it doesn't however prevent you from being biased to one side or the other. I play both sides and try to have an open mind when killers suggest things (even if I think they are ridiculous).

• Johnny_XMan

@Endstille

I have trouble understanding the first paragraph. Or maybe you didn't understand what I said. I didn't say slugging was absurd. To turn Slugging into a perk is absurd.

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49

Neither, your opinions are exponentially more invalid because you are simultaneously a Benedict and an enemy to everyone. /s

I think both sides have their problems (mechanical and player) that are more complex than a simple heat of passion nerf or buff can fix. I play all four versions of the game (SWF, KYF, Solo survivor and Killer) and all around there are too many people who take this all too seriously. I think survivors need more second chance perks or items, so that way killers can justifiably get the Mr Olympia steroid shots they need to make this into a real rodeo of nonsense. I'm talking tasers, carrying multiple survivors at once, no give aways for stealth killers, booby trapping generators, old school instaheals, air jordans to jump up to a ledge, throwing survivors at other survivors. Idc I just want this game to be fun, and die peacefully in it's sleep with fond memories not have the players argue over who's pulling the plug on it.

Also, I would rather play against you random clowns any day of the week than play KYF. Your own friends are the real toxic members of the community.

• AStupidDavid

I mean opinions are opinions and all of them are valid regardless of which side you main or if you play both roles like you're basically giving your thoughts, but if you want to request changes to balance the game you need to have an idea of how both roles work obviously.

And no not necessarily, I play more survivor than killer and I honestly do believe something has to be done with the big maps such as red forest and the gen speeds as well. But if you come and ask for slugging to be a perk I mean come on seriously? Lmfao

• Infinity_Bored

Props, that you have such a reflected point. Sadly most users in here call you out for being biased or a noob or whatever you like, as soon as you try to argue their favoured role. It's like taking a child's toy.

• AStupidDavid

I know that entitlement goes both ways, this has literally turned into a war killer mains vs survivor mains and those that main both sides are just sitting here eating popcorn and enjoying it lol.

12 gens instead of 5 is absolutely ridiculous and unfair, I wish I'd read that thread as well but I didn't.

I tend to not be biased to any side, if you read my comments I'm always discussing changes with both killer mains and survivor mains and sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I don't.

• AStupidDavid

Yeah, I wish toxicity would just go away for a moment so that people could actually discuss things in a serious way. I am perplexed by the way some people react in these forums, the other day I gave an idea to make gen repairing speeds a little bit more fair for killers and make games longer and all I got was hate saying that I want killers to be op and that I'm probably a rank 13 killer that can't apply pressure and relied on ruin a lot. Then when I talked about why dead hard shouldn't be nerfed because a lot of killer mains were asking for a nerf to that perk, they said I'm a noob that relies on crutch perks to be a good survivor. So it's like jeez ######### do y'all want from me, I'm just giving my thoughts lmfao

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

Sadly to some people it's the latter. You're in a superposition between the most hyperbolic and stereotypical killer and survivor mains that exist, and depending on how badly people want to get an excuse to ignore your opinion they can just put you in either camp. Afterall, even if you agree with someone on 99% of their posts, if you disagree on a single pet issue no matter how extreme and unfeasible it is you're clearly a smelly <other side> main 🤡 /s.. kinda at least.

At the same time I wouldn't say playing both sides makes someone's opinion inherently more valid though. Someone with deep knowledge of one side can still have very valuable opinions and insights on the game that you might not get elsewhere. No surprise if they're a bit biased, but everyone's biased to some extent. As long as someone is aware of their bias and can still discuss stuff in a constructive manner that's not inherently a bad thing either really.

• Infinity_Bored

Just what i had in mind and you found the right words.

If you accept or even like the new ruin you are either a noob that cant hit skillchecks or a filthy surv main / gen rusher or u never played killer in high ranks.

Sadly, reflected arguments often drown in the sea of bias.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,360

Just read the "slugging should be a perk" thread.

Its a good chuckle if ya wanna try looking at it

• Archimedes5000

Being the last survivior would be one of conditions where DS is disabled. You cant be tunneled if your the last survivior

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Nope it was about the last paragraph since this quote function here is quite strange tbh.