Impossible Skill Checks (Devs)

Options
mmain
mmain Member Posts: 430

Quick explanation of what I mean. I'm working on a generator and for whatever reason I decide to stop, maybe I see the aura of another survivor that needs to be healed. I stand up and take a step in their direction and suddenly get the noise that tells me a skill check has generated. I'm screwed. I'm no longer working on the generator. I'm not going to get the skill check graphic. I'm not going to hit a skill check I can't see.

However, even though I wasn't working on the generator when the skill check generated and I have no graphic to even give me the chance to get it guess what's going to happen? I'm going to "miss" a skill check. The killer gets notification of where I am based on something that should never happen.

It's difficult enough to evade killers without the game giving them notification where I am at based on skill checks that I have absolutely zero chance of hitting.

Is this a PS4 issue? Is it a server issue? I have no clue. What I do know is it is truly one of the only things about this game that legitimately just makes me angry. When I make a mistake I expect it's going to cost me. What I don't expect is to be penalized for mistakes I didn't make.

This is a fairly frequent occurrence. At least for me. Just got done with a match where it happened 3 times in the same match. Is there anything that can be done?

Comments