TrU3Ta1ent Explains the Flaws in the New Matchmaking System Well

Options

For those who do not pay attention to the youtube/streamer side of the games community, TrU3Ta1ent is one of the more prominent figures from that side of the spectrum. In his new video on the matchmaking system soon to be implemented, he does a very good job highlighting may of the inherent flaws with this system coming to the game. Whether you tend to find yourselves on the devs side more than not, it's a good video for understanding why so many are concerned and frustrated with the devs handling of such an important element to the game.

Comments

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

In terms of MMR based ranking or whatever it is, I'm fairly certain it's the way other games like overwatch, Rainbow 6 and rocket League do rank.

Problem is what is determined as a deserved increase in skill or worthy decrease in skill level.

If I 4k too quickly to gain MMR or suicide on hook which should be something that negatively impacts MMR I want to know how your actions in game will be interpreted by the Devs in the new system.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 866
    Options

You never agreed with someone on certain topics and always had your own different opinion on things? You never consulted other people that may have some valuable input? As long as people are still critical on what these "influeners" are saying, I don't see the problem.

That said, it's obviously all speculation still but you can always try to predict what's going to happen or in this case try to pinpoint the flaws in the system. I watched Scott's video because it came out earlier and what he's saying does make a lot of sense to me.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

You say fiarly certain but you have no idea what's it going to be

Could be something completely different from the games you mentioned

They never mentioned MMR. They just said that they would monitor the skill and try to match best according to that

Any complaints or arguments we do about it before we know at least some details is completely and utterly pointless

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

Criticism of the new ranking system beforehand isn't necessarily bad. It just highlights the importance of getting it right.

How do you for example say a player is playing well enough to be climbing the ranking or failing so much and falling.

A clown with a 2k could be at risk of falling and a hillbilly who 3k could be climbing even though the better skilled player is the clown.

It's good to speculate just let the Devs know whether their ideas are the best.

We don't want them to blindly walk into a system which just makes things a whole lot worse whilst fixing nothing.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

I’m personally not a fan of Tru3, however, he makes a lot of good points in his video. First video he made that I actually liked in a long time.

Scott Jund actually made pretty good points on his video as well.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,200
    Options

As much i'd like to agree with his video, Winning in games is somewhat black and white. I would say black and white version for DBD is that if more than 2 people escape the killer, than the entire survivor team should pip/win and if the killer kills 3 or more people, then the killer pips/wins. The concept of a draw and black piping is what makes ranking system a bit flawed. the whole emblem/ranking system is way too artificial for measuring skill and it encourages farming whether it be intentional or artificial. They're probably hiding rank because some players complained about matchmaking because they were using rank as reference to skill. rank does have correlation to skill, however all rank systems have grey zones. The change is positive but it is shame that we won't be able to see our value.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Anything has to be better than what they have now. It’s damn near impossible to win as solo survivor because everyone has boosted to red ranks. Red ranks are so watered down it’s ridiculous and it sucks seeing even the crappiest of killers getting more kills than they deserve.

Killer has never been easier. No more sweat gs great players. While its nice I know this is not how its meant to be when put against survivors that are meant to be at the top of the ranking system.

I’ll try anything new at this point.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822
    edited January 2020
    Options

Most people seem to hate then dismiss some arguments and topics just because Tru3ta1ent talked about them and their favorite streamer disagrees, it's pretty ugly. Tru3 is ultimately right about most of it but that doesn't reach those people.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,648
    Options

I disagree. Killer fluctuates from nigh impossible to win to so easy you could be asleep.

I think that part of the problem with Killer's frustration is, like you said, is that Survivors are boosted to Red Ranks.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

Streamers are just random people like everyone other, the only difference is that they show their face in a camera and talk something. And most of them have quite big bias and double standards. It's really weird that so many people follow them blindly and believe everything they say without using their own brains.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Youtube is something I boycott so have no idea about these people. But just play the game you can't do much about what they do with their game. It is their problem.

• Doragodx
    Doragodx Member Posts: 10
    Options

You can depip if you stay for the entire game and the 3 other survivors DC.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Is that you True? Seriously, you are an expert in revisionism. True did not popularize anything. GF and the way True played him was already popularized by Monto and several others. In fact, you can almost time True's attempts to "create" builds and ideas after other streamers have already done it. True is a hack, and not even a good one. I've faced him before and he is extremely predictable. Compared to much better players, such as Zubatlel (whom I don't personally find entertaining in his streams), True is ok at best. I find his streams to be comical as he usually fails to identify his mistakes, instead blaming the game for them.

None of this matters though. Fan bois will defend, but we will all have to wait and see what happens.

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Options

Yes Doctor is.

Whispers is super strong on him now

With Distressing and Calm Carter's notes and Calm Class III, his static blast's reach is ridiculously large and his Shock Therapy is much more consistent at loops.

Doctor is much better than he used to be. If you put the effort into finding out what works really well with him then you'll find some good results.

Impossible skill check Doc is also even better

• vpounder69
    vpounder69 Member Posts: 54
    Options

Agreed he got me into the game but he can be full of sht a lot of the time. I had to stop watching him.

• vpounder69
    vpounder69 Member Posts: 54
    Options

Completely agree. He talks a lot and of sht* then turns around and does the same thing.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Options

You’re really making this more personal than it has to be. Never did I say I support tru3 or his gaming, in fact I’ve disagreed with his position most of the time.

However, if you pay attention to the OP, the subject is about the video made, if you cared enough to watch it, and are as competent as a player as you make yourself out to be, you’d also see that he makes a lot of excellent points.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Options

Again I have to disagree simply because he cannot do anything with longer loops, such as those on Blood Lodge, Coldwind or even most Autohaven pallet zones. Keep in mind this does not include infinites.

Now I’m not saying he is completely useless, but I don’t agree he’s any “stronger” than before. Simply because his static shock doesn’t recover fast enough at medium loops. He’s also easy to mindgame at medium size loops and those that break line of sight.

To counter your Impossible Skill Checks Claim, any killer who relies on a hex to provide immense amount of power is not a good example of a better killer. His add-on dependency also ‘supports’ this build. In short, It has to many variables that must be in place in order to be completely capitalized on.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

No, not going for personal. Just saying people put way too much into what streamers say. I don't think BHVR has released details on their new system and for people to start attacking it is silly. Wait and learn. The amount of times people on this forum have thought the sky was falling due to a streamer's "thoughts" is insane.

Wait for details on the system.

• AStupidDavid
    AStupidDavid Member Posts: 156
    edited January 2020
    Options

I saw the video and I don't agree with some of the stuff he said, you should go read it for yourself instead of drawing conclusions out of someone else's thoughts. I read the changes and I truly believe they're going to affect the game positively more than negatively.

Also, none of us have tried out the new system yet so we can't say that this new system will 100% not work or 100% work, we'll have to wait for it to go live and then give our feedback.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options

Because making your own opinion is hard, apparently.

I honestly wish this wasn't the case and maybe the devs would be more inclined to listen to the community

• Anverto
    Anverto Member Posts: 32
    Options

Imagine thinking you can't make solid arguments for or against something that is not yet implemented or shown in practice.

A guy called Einstein comes to mind who figured things out by using logical thinking that only got proven right around 60 years after his death. I know this is an extreme example but it shows the flaws in your argument.

Also the way you talk makes you seem like your age doesn't exceed the age of the game that you're arguing about.

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    edited January 2020
    Options

All you have to do is read what they put out there and understand the basic gameplay elements that go into scoring to understand that it can't work. Tru3 uses this logic. So do I.

• Elvenmonk
    Elvenmonk Member Posts: 367
    Options
  • kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 613
    Options

You don't need a YouTuber to tell you how to think. It is a simple matter. Hiding skill rating and later rank will make it look like they didn't fix matchmaking and hid this from us to get us to stop complaining.

They need to show us everyone's skill ratings on the end card, and I hope they go so far as to show the cross comparison that would explain how much rating we gained or lost (and why) when the match ends.

This isn't only a matchmaking issue. Most people want to improve their game play and to do so they will need this information.

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209
    Options
  • Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445
    Options

Is he performing godlike again?

• MPUK
    MPUK Member Posts: 357
    Options
  • Anverto
    Anverto Member Posts: 32
    Options

LMAO no. Just making an overexaggerated example to show the flaw in his logic. I don't agree with most of the things he says, other than the things he mentioned in the video.

I prefer Scott's views on most matters.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

Im sorry, if OP wants to tell me/us something, its up to them to do so and not just say "hey some opinion is somewhere on the internet, go look for it"

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209
    Options

The name of the younger is in the title of the thread and he said you should check them out

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited January 2020
    Options

But like - we won’t see it too. I can see the benefit of that also though honestly. Bubba soon to be SSSS ++++ tier because red ranks can handle him better.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354
    Options

Remember all, it's all correct if it comes from the streamer you want to lick the a**e off 😂

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

People who don’t understand how MMR works < people who understand that MMR cannot work in dbd

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

Agreeing with someone isn't making up your mind to agree with them? Now i concur that blindly following opinion is bad, but a consensus is not a bad thing all of the time. What you should say is listen and gauge, and then decide if you agree with the opinion, parts of it, or none of it at all.