Gen Rush

Options
Kliah
Kliah Member Posts: 29

I see a lot of people bringing up the "gen rush" lately due to the Hex:Ruin nerf. I feel like I understand what killers are talking about when they bring this subject up but I wanted to make somewhat of an informative and inquisitive post to gauge the communities opinions.

Informative Part:

Space Coconut posted a video about this subject in Aug. 2019 and I wanted to transcribe the part I think is most important.

Space Coconut -- "In general, without inserting bias as best I can, the gen rush is this; the feeling of how quickly gens can be done by survivors who are not being chased by the killer. The killer can only effectively chase one survivor from doing gens at a time by chasing them. Depending on how long that chase goes on, the remaining three survivors can work on generators and complete them at an effective pace. As gens are completed, the killer feels more pressure to down and hook survivors in order to prevent them from escaping."

"In most cases, if a group of survivors can effectively loop a killer while the others focus on generators and trade off as they are downed and hooked, the killer will be unable to stop them from escaping. This places the time crunch on the killer while the survivors feel no time crunch. This time crunch is called The Gen Rush. Which is also why most survivors mains will tell you it doesn't exist, because they don't feel the time crunch."

"The ones who do, recognize how quickly the match went as they finish the last gen. There are things that will alleviate this pressure, the most popular of which, is Ruin. But, most players will note how soon the hex is cleansed within the match. Then you'll have other players rattling on about map pressure and "letting" the survivors do gens, but they are deliberately ignoring the main points about the concern."

"The survivors only have one objective and that's to do gens. Because they only have one objective and there are four of them, the killer feels an immense amount of pressure to stop them from doing so. It sounds easy, but depending on the tools that the survivors decide to bring into the match and their skill and the way the balance is in the game, it can be very difficult for any killer to down a skilled survivor within a reasonable amount of time. This is The Gen Rush."

Inquisitive Part:

Do you killer mains agree with this?

Is SWF a factor in gen rushing?

Does this help survivor mains understand what killers are referring to when they say "gen rush"?

Sourced video here:

(Originally posted on Steam forum.)

Tl;dr Gen rush is the feeling of a time crunch placed on killers.

Comments