Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Rate my Survivor build

I know the build is subjective based on what your play style is, and I will probably get bashed for some of my perks, but I want your opinions and possible alternatives for me to use. I am currently a Rank 3 Survivor and prefer a stealthier play style.

1. Self-Care: I know, I know, I’m that guy. But I can’t tell you how many times my teammate has been halfway through healing me when the Killer appears and splits us up.
  2. Spine Chill: I am a Blendette, so an early warning can give me enough time to hide behind something before the Killer shows up. I also don’t play with headphones so Killers like Myers, Wraith, Pig, and Ghostface all have a huge advantage over me if I don’t run this perk.
  3. Sprint Burst: Sprint Burst and Spine Chill work very well together, because if the Killer does an extended search in my area and I have a feeling he is about to find me, I try to bait a swing before sprinting away.
  4. Lightweight: Lightweight and Sprint Burst also work well together, especially in maps with little areas of open space. With that head start from SB and the 3 second reduction on my scratch marks, Killers will often lose me or take much longer to find me than they would otherwise. This perk used to be We’ll Make it, but so many of my teammates make me follow them to the corner of the map (yes, even at red ranks this happens) and it’s just not worth it for me anymore.

Comments

• Papi_Sans1
    Papi_Sans1 Member Posts: 25

I rate this 2016 meta/10. Nah, but really, I'd drop self-care, lightweight, and maybe Spine Chill. Self-care takes way too long to heal and encourages you to be out of the game, essentially dropping it to a 3v1 for a good amount of time. Lightweight is so-so, there are definitely more useful perks that I'd consider running instead, but not bad. Spine Chill is Spine Chill. It can be useful when going against stealth killers. Sprint Burst is one of the two (arguably three) good exhaustion perks on Dedicated Servers. I myself like running We're Gonna Live Forever, We'll Make It, DS (of course) and Lithe, but that's just me.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Its a decent 6/10 because of Lightweight and Spine Chill.

• Do you think Lightweight makes a big difference as Killer? Have you ever had trouble tracking a Survivor and found out afterwards that they had Tier 3 Lightweight?

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

My answer to you would be no. I've never lost a survivor in the middle of a chase because of Lightweight. However... I might have missed spotting their scratch marks out of a chase because of it.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    edited January 2020

Considering current meta it's a bad build.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

Honestly iv played this game for years at rank 1 and once you get the hang of loops, map layouts and just general knowledge without being afraid of doing gens or leading a chase then you can run any perks and you can still do well, past week iv been running deliverance with 3 random perks (getting the achievement as i never really bothered or attempt to escape) and im still at the top of most leaderboards. My advice play what helps you and make the game more fun for you, doesnt matter what others think of it as long as youre happy with it thats good. my favorite perks though are spinechill, provethyself, deadhard, botany knowledge.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I'd replace Lightweight with Botany Knowledge to synergize it with Self Care and get those nice 20 second heals. I don't seem to get much use out of Lightweight when I run it

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited January 2020

Lightweight and Self Care are the only bad ones bringing it down. I'd only recommend Self Care to a new player that's still learning the game and Lightweight just isn't very good.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

You don't need survivor perks at all to escape, but if you wanted to guarantee escaping, or you wanted to make the killer absolutely hate you by the time the game is over, then this is the build for you.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Sort of sounds like the build you would have for a while right after prestiging

• bubbasbasementchest
    bubbasbasementchest Member Posts: 62
    edited January 2020

Rough. What’s your Survivor build? I’ll rate yours, subjectively of course :)

• Papi_Sans1
    Papi_Sans1 Member Posts: 25

I can't say I have, though I don't have too terribly many hours in the game, so it's entirely possible that I will going forward. Perhaps I have missed some outside of chase, but I will never know. Suffice to say that I don't thing that I have due to the very low number of times that I've actually gone against it. The perk that has probably thrown me off a survivors scent more is Spine Chill since it gives survivors a head start.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Why run this bad build when you can just run a brainless 2nd chanse build?

DS, BT, DH, Unbreakable

Killer can't tunnel, can't camp, can't slug. It basically makes you untouchable.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I think Light Weight could be switched with Botany if you want to keep Self-Care. Spine Chill and Sprint Burst are good in my opinion.

While Light Weight can help in certain situations. I would use LW, Poised/Dance with Me, Sprint Burst and Spine Chill.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I'd recommend:

• Self Care
    • Mettle of Man
    • No Mither
    • Object of Obsession

Oh and I play Hag, so please don't bring a flashlight.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    edited January 2020

5/10

Self care: Just bring a med kit. Free perk slot.

Lightweight: Useless. We don't know if this perk even works. I never lost a chase because of lightweight.