BHVR needs to expand the game.

Options
Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576

3 years on, we need to see more, second objectives, slower gen times, even 2 killers ans 6 survivors, dark maps, something else, i mean to tempt new players and keep old ones here, something needs to be dne, BHVR you need to widen your game, make and add changes

Comments

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

slower gen times...yeah that will pull in new people in no time yo, same for second objectives.

Game you never heard about now has more objectives yo, come on down to dbd....

And more modes, idk if you play this game but matchmaking is already crappy, lets not segment the playerbase further buy adding modes.

Dark Maps... I mean there are dark maps sooo yeah.

• thehotdogman93
    thehotdogman93 Member Posts: 81
    Options

All of these changes would massively change the game. I wouldn't implement any of these in DBD, I would make a sequel to DBD and include these changes instead. Some people like the core gameplay that's in DBD right now, so I wouldn't take that away from them.

• Mushwin
    Options

Lol there is not a lot whom do, and take away from them? how about all the nerfs and buffs and all changes that are taken away? that is what this game is and what happens

• Mushwin
    Options

they are just examples not to go literally by o.O hehe

• thehotdogman93
    Options

Yes, the game is in a very fragile state right now. Actually, it's always been in that state because it's a asymmetric multiplayer game. But it's not wise to gut the game completely and change the core gameplay mechanics. If you believe all of the nerfs and reworks are bad, just imagine how much changing the core gameplay would have an effect on the game.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited February 2020
    Options

Definately. This game needs more modes, it needs more interactables in the maps, it needs more objectives.

Anyone who plays this game for more than 5 ranks will notice it gets monotonous very fast without gaining access to the massive perk library. When you got a lot of perks it becomes more interesting and competitive but even then. Enjoy looping mosto f the time and holding m1 at gens. It's strongest attribute is the chases.

When you got a good chase going on or the killer is breathing down your neck as you're hiding the game shines. Problem is pallets and vaults are DEAD stops in chases. There's no eb or flow. You're either dancing around an effective stop and at that point most of the time a survivor has made ti a safe loop or too far for the chase to viable to persue to properly protect gens against competent players.

The game needs to appease its die hard long term fans with fresh content as much as it needs to attract new players.

The base game itself is fine aside from some balancing issues. But for some reason all we get is new perks and killers. The other stuff in the game is so severely neglected and it shows.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options

Secondary objectives seems like a nice idea at first, until you realize survivors don't want to do the ones already in-game:

Totems: Waste of time, can be doing gens.

Healing: Waste of time, can be doing gens.

Waking Up: Waste of time, can be doing gens.

Inactive Reverse Bear Trap: Waste of time, can be doing gens.

If the secondary objective doesn't have anything to do with gens no one will do it.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I understand that these are examples but I’m going to give my feedback on all of them individually.

“Second Objective, Slowing gens down.”

We need to find other ways to slow the game down, smaller maps would possibly be a better solution or perhaps reworking toolboxes.

”Dark maps”

A lot of players, myself included have a difficult time seeing in dark maps which makes it less fun.

“2v6”

Sadly, queue times wouldn’t allow this right now.

This is just my opinion though.

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 226
    Options

Maybe a map in a map. So 1v6? Or whatever. So let's say you start in one map and once the exit gates are open you don't escape it's just another map. And need to repeat the cycle. The endgame collapse will play in the old map and what not and yes it would make the game a bit longer but I guess balance the rewards at the end to make it worth it. Also idk just a 3 second idea. Could be easily done without too much work as you just need to stable two maps together. Easier then making an entire new mode with a bunch of new assets and what not.

• thehotdogman93
    Options

I was thinking the exact same thing. It would give the game a more 'progression' feeling to it, kinda like some of the custom infected game modes in halo games where the survivors are progressing into new areas. They could add a narrative aspect to it like in Left For Dead, where every stage is a step closer to their final destination.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    Options

Fixing the other stuff isn't a revenue stream. And the company is getting to be a lot like microsoft where every update you just kind of bite your nails and pray that its not terrible.