Has any game frustrated you as much as DBD?

Options

I remember when I started F13, I was annoyed and died a bit but eventually got good and reached top rank. With DBD I’ve been playing for over 7 months and most games just aren’t fun....killer or survivor. It has to be the most frustrating game I’ve ever played.

Comments

• I_Face_Camp
    I_Face_Camp Member Posts: 244
    Options

It can be frustrating but it's still fun. If you want to play a super frustrating game try For Honor. That game has brought me so close to throwing my controller so many times.

• Shaai1
    Shaai1 Member Posts: 87
    Options
  • Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

For Honor is super frustrating to me too, and oddly addicting.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    edited February 2020
    Options

Overwatch and Dota 2

I would love to be interested in fighting games, because then you can't blame losing on your teammates or balancing issues.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523
    edited February 2020
    Options

I killed my brain cells when I played League of Legends.

They are slowly recovering.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,801
    Options

rainbow six siege

• DoctorShockBoi
    DoctorShockBoi Member Posts: 152
    Options

Nothing ever has. Nothing ever will as much as dbd. Lol

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Options

I’ve actually heard this from some buddies. They detest that game lol

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

Played the Souls Series since release. My tolerance for what frustrates me Is through the roof. The only thing that impressed me what after a decade of Souls that DBD took the toxic community award in a few months.

Hatemail has no effect on me, but I will indulge you between matches. Occasionally I get the unique and funny hate mail.

• BaldursGate2
    Options

I played Demon's Souls past then and when i died, i just turned off my ps3. I did that so many times, as i nearly finished the game, it deleted all my trophies from all games. Luckily, i had not much xd

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I usually play a tank or healer that raids in mmos.

This is one of my retirement games. Wee.

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178
    Options

When i was a beginner. I used a very expensive add-on.

And stuck in the wall.

I cursed developers for the first time. lol

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

I may be the only one, but I used to get really really mad at The Evil Within. That game is so baddly designed, its hardest mode is hard only because of the many bugs that game has. Also, castellanos would be a perfect match for DBD since his hitbox is big as f

• Tronicus
    Tronicus Member Posts: 19
    Options

I just uninstalled DbD. It's nothing but frustration everytime i play and i dont play games to be frustrated or waiting in a lobby 90% of the time. Between the massive bugs, wait times, and unpleasant games it has finally pushed me away

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited February 2020
    Options

Just a few years ago I was a huge fan of BFI, that game made me uninstall it at least 5 times.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,531
    Options

The most frustrating thing is losing a game with most chases being <15 seconds. You end up feeling like you never got outplayed but simply lost because gens were too fast. You feel cheated.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited February 2020
    Options

Definately. This game is the DEFINITION of SWEAT. If you're a killer you're sweating your balls off and because of that it can frustrate the hell out of you since any of the issues or imbalances the game has will jab you in the side like a entity leg.

I used to play fighting games all the time, like actually play them, competitively learn combos an git gud and all that and DBD pisses me off most of the time than even those. I think the only game to rival it is XCOM when the RNG buggers you.

The game has 3 problems with this:

1: Some killers aren't fun or aren't effective or you simply don't feel like you are a threatening presence. The devs are really unsure about making killers just...powerful. For some reason. Although over the years I've been playing DBD they have gotten better.

We are getting more varied killers and even reworks to make F tier powerful .I man freddy went from the bottom to the top or at least A tier in one rework. So credit where it is due. Problem is. They got like 7 other killers that need this treatment without messing it up. Tall order.

2: The maps are empty besides from vaults and pallets. Personally the maps should of been getting more stuff in them with each new killer but for some reason survivors get really powerful perks instead of enviromental things to take advantage of. Which makes no sense they are basely built around observing the enviroment and planning around that. Same with team work.

Devs seem to be aware of this. I think. Because the last two killers before oni both can spawn something on the map survivors can interact with-demagorgan and plague- they also added a survivor perk that lets them put back up pallets. Which makes sense, since they're mean to utilize their enviroment. Unlike DS which is an innate, immutable powerful skill. Which should of logically been an item. Like a knife.

But hey, the nerf to it made it a lot more circumstantial instead of body armor. Still should of been an item in my opinion.

3: Gen speeds.

You as killer just lack an innate ability to determine or reduce the speed of gens, not without wasting precious perks spots and even then, they are arguably effective at best. It';s not even that gens get done quick...it's just that all the anxiety is on YOU against an invisible clock .it's like having a bear trap on you all game...but you got to get 4 people who can loop and time waste. It's just not fun.

You don't feel in control at all. Which means you don't really feel like a power role. One would logically assume survivors should feel anxiety since this is done in a horror game theme and dynamic, but survivors taunt and loop because they know between the 4 of them, gens speeds, number of hooks you need and chase time standard the clock is SO against you.

We really need some secondary objectives or something because putting ALL the stress of time on the killer is just not fun. Maybe some times. But not all the time and it will quickly stress you out and make you have to sweat since you're literally counting seconds.

Then you get mad because you feel like the game constantly screaming at you GIT GUD when the points are counted up and you're like "WAIT up. I'm meant to be the power role here. Why am I sweating like a lunatic and get a anxiety spike when I see a survivor sprint burst away and increase this chase by 20 seconds" then you exit the game. You see that big RANK also tell you to git gud even in menu and lobby.

and eventually you realize. There's no reason to git gud. it's stopped being fun. So you uninstall for a while.

I've learned to enjoy the ultra-comeptitiveness myself but even for me. Sometimes I uninstall and I can't handle more than a couple a matches a day without it starting to rise my blood pressure.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

Yes. Death Stranding and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Death Stranding isn't a hard game by any means, but when the controls get janky and you trip over a snowflake and break all the cargo you're carrying, you'll want to chuck your ######### controller/keyboard through your screen.

KCD on the other hand IS an incredibly difficult game.

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278
    Options

Rust

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635
    Options

hollow knight. especially the trial of fools. If you die there you get laughed at. Idk my death counter but has to be something far above 50.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597
    Options

Any game where my team thinks it team deathmatch and not defend the objective.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

Clash Royale.

I don’t know how I haven’t shattered the screen of my phone yet. It is so infuriating to play that game. It seems like it’s rigged to match you up with opponents with cards that perfectly counter yours.

I had to quit that game for my sanity.

Not frustrated, but Diablo 3 disappointed me so much so that I considered never purchasing a Blizzard game again. Their “Don’t you have phones” cemented my decision.

I was introduced to Steam and found that there are lots of smaller developers with many fun games.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482
    Options

Yes, For Honor. That game is SO unbalanced, it’s not even funny. Though, I have to thank that game for creating one of my favorite video game character, PK ⚔️🖤

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 226
    Options
  • yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

To answer the original question, yes. If you’ve ever played Monster Hunter and had the creature limping, but ran out of time before you could trap it, then you know the true meaning of frustration! Also applies when hunting the same creature 10 times and STILL never getting that one material you need from it!

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

siege is so frustrating, especially when you play ranked by yourself .

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited February 2020
    Options

Overwatch has frustrated me a ton in the past, but nowhere near as much as DBD.

At least I don't wait 20 minutes for an entirely unbalanced and utterly broken game at any point there.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited February 2020
    Options

Yeah, I stopped playing For Honor pretty quick.

DBD easily takes 2nd place though. Considering the amount of breaks I have taken from the game.

Can't find any fun past playing a handful of games.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    Options

Madden in the most frustrating game I've ever played. There is even a series on YouTube of all the gamer rage that happens in that game. The dbd community on twitch is super chill compared to the madden one. I dont know of any dbd twitch streamer that gets super enraged by this game.

• BaldursGate2
    edited February 2020
    Options

The difficulty was pretty overwhelming. I got even stomach pain, thinking of playing it again. But i just had to ######### beat it. At the end, i even got the platinum trophy for it. One of the best games i have ever played. But still frustrating as hell.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options

Overwatch frustrates me more 😑

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

The new call of duty lol I only got it because my friends play it a lot and man ..sometimes that game is more frustrating to play then playing nurse on console (and I play nurse a good bit)

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

That chalice dungeon in Bloodborne that halves your health.

But even then, dbd takes the cake.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599
    Options

Pathfinder: kingmaker. Guaranteed 1/20 of crit or fail dice roll and recognised dependency on save scuming makes this game quite frustrating at times.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

Many. Overwatch, COD, Apex Legends, Death Stranding, WWZ and many more!

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options

Dota 2.

I'm glad I stopped playing it last year.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Bennet Fody: getting over it

"There's no feeling more intense than starting over" 

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580
    Options

Dbd never makes me angry but it does frustrate me. The game that pisses me off because of how unfair and rage inducing is FIFA.

I've played rb6 siege, for Honor, bloodborne, overwatch but nothing comes close to the broken clusterfeck of a game FIFA is. You could be dominating the entire match and still lose, you could make 3 perfect tackles but due to rng the ball will bounce back to him and he'll score. There is even a conspiracy that the game has scripting that forces you to win or lose online.

Ive had to quit that game for my own health. It's been two years.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options

The first Crash Bandicoot game

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445
    Options

Getting over it

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I’m noticing a trend here. The vast majority of games people mention here are the ones where they play with other people......

So is it the games that are frustrating? Or the “game” of humanity?

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Tekken.

Like when you have a long streak going and you think damn I am doing good today. Somebody comes who just completely destroys you, you will try so many times and at the end it is back to the training room to figure out what this person did and how you have to play against it. Feels like more time spent in practice than actually playing vs other people.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

I never played many multiplayer games before DBD/F13, I always stuck with single player.

Only time I’d get frustrated is when I was going for an extremely hard trophy like surviving the ENTIRE game on Alien Isolation without dying. It’s scary at first but then if you get a long way without a checkpoint and you die it’s annoying as hell. The ship is like maze as well so I had to watch walkthroughs on how to complete a level. Still never completed the game yet :(

No other game triggers me as much as DBD. It’s not even the players that annoy me, it’s the fact that the game can be broken. Ya know what I mean. Ghost hits. Getting hit when you medium vault. Sound occlusion. Sound bugs. Myers and GF stalking being bugged. “Hook techs”. Getting hit through pallets. Dedicated servers, etc...

• GhostofYharnam
    edited February 2020
    Options

Dude i hated that Chalice. That dog had me on the verge of breaking down in tears. Amy was just a long tense 30 minute battle.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

######### that dog. Also the undead giant from the earlier chalices.

Only 2 bosses that made me question my sanity.

• GhostofYharnam
    Options

I hated him. Brofist made me go ######### when i entered the arena and was instantly punched from halfway across the room.