Which killer needs a nerf the most right now?

Options

In your opinion which killer needs to be nerfed or reworked next? My vote is hillbilly but I also think a few others could be toned down. Thoughts?

Comments

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    edited January 2020
    Options

Yet you answered. Hmmm. It’s not bait it’s a question. Just because you don’t like doesn’t mean crap.

By the way I liked what you said on that other post about needing Freddy. I agree 100%

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

Freddy tbh, I hate what they did to him, both playing as and against him.

I liked Old Freddy a LOT tbh, new freddy is just cheap and lame.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options
  • toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

freddy

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,646
    Options

That is just false. Considering sounds are broken right now, Spirit's have a hard time. Iron Will is definitely good against her, but it isn't necessary.

Jungle gyms hurt her and if you can juke her power once, you get to loop a 110% Killer with no power for quite some time. Remember, chases don't need to be long anymore, gens will fly.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Freddy.

But before that, balancing the game is the top priority

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523
    Options

Doctor, Hillbilly, and maybe Freddy.

Mostly everyone, but Clown. 😎

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

Nurse if any

Only killer, where you have no chance if the player is good, regardless of your looping skills. Yes i know, you need a tremendous amount of time to get good with her, but then you are almost unbeatable.

• Pulsar
    Options

That just isn't true. I've told you why it isn't true, let me try again. If you run a jungle gym correctly, throw down the pallet a little early then vault the window, she has to break the pallet or she doesn't catch you.

If you vault the window first and she hits you, you likely wouldn't have made it anyway.

Hope this helps :)

• Pulsar
    Options

You have completely ignored my advice and have already made up your mind. That saddens me. Good luck.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

omg, a real killer! pls, nerf. xD

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Lmao, this forum has a fetish with hating survivors and the devs, not the other way around.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Quite a few characters need slight tweaks and several need major buffs.

I think that Insta-saw should be gutted from the game, for one. Maybe increase the minimum distance of traps on hooks for Hag. Small changes to things that are genuinely frustrating. Lullaby radius counting as a Terror radius for perks in dream world could also be one.

That being said, though. Everyone else, except for Freddy, Doc, Nurse, Spirit, GF and Myers need a buff. Even smaller ones, like slightly increased Uncloaking speed, starting with all bear traps active, removing the crouch speed penalty, when Feral Frenzy is active, increase Terror radius by 8m.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441
    Options

More nerfs for killers??? All the killers pretty much got nerfed since Hex: Ruin was nerfed because "Survivors say it's stressful and frustrating to play against" even though the game was meant to be stressful and frustrating....

• ppo8820
    Options
  • Todgeweiht
    Options

The dev notes dont represent the opinion of the users of the forum, you dummy

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

Back to the ol' agenda again, I see.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
    edited February 2020
    Options

None of the basekits of any killers are overpowered in the current state of the game, the only thing that killers have which should be addressed are the following ;

• Iridescent Heads
    • Mint Rag
    • Ebony & Ivory Mori
    • Instasaw Billy

Baseline Hillbilly is widely considered as a balanced killer among the more experienced players and while other killers like Spirit, Freddy and Hag can feel annoying (seeing as other comments are saying Spirit and Freddy) nerfing them is not the solution because the issue is that they're oppressive, not the fact that they're too powerful.

With that being said, there have been a decently high number of nerfs for both sides which span over the past few updates and rather than focusing on the next thing to nerf I think it's better to just focus on the quality of games for both sides by changing maps and improving the baseline game experience, even buffing the weaker things on both ends for more interesting options.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
    edited February 2020
    Options

Well, some people don't really care about ranking up much in the first place which is why that's on the list, plus often times you'll just pip anyways from a normal match which means it makes it pretty fast to recover from one match of running a mori. However I do agree that any changes done to a mori should be met with changes to keys.

As for instasaw I pretty much just mean the closest you can get to it as sometimes it can feel bad but even that shouldn't come with a nerf to the numbers but rather just not letting them stack so that other addons can be used with it instead such as engravings, turning speed & cooldown addons. Luckily it seems that the people who run double charge speed addons on Billy tend to not be good so even that isn't the biggest issue on the list.

Lastly I only list Mint Rag purely because of the camping potential with it, it tends to lead onto incredibly boring matches where saves cannot be made more than anything else.

• Kliah
    Kliah Member Posts: 29
    Options

I really hope Spirit doesn't get nerfed again. She is kind of slow and can be easily juked by decent survivors. Plus, she is supposed to be unpredictable anyway.

• Todgeweiht
    Options

I cant really think of any killer that needs a nerf, at most there are some add-ons that should get a slight, but besides that, its good

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited February 2020
    Options

I don't think any killer needs a nerf.

Legion needs a rework though. He's so boring and he feels so weak. When he was announced I remember how everyone was happy to just to have a fast killer for once. Then he got released and they had to bind him up in all sorts bull. Now he ain't much better.

I wish they'd just...let him run...I don't care if he's got to rubber stab deep wounds you and has a silly level of narrow view. If he loses killer instinct or whatever. Just let me play as a killer than can go fast. If not that. Make his frenzy stab count as a basic attack so his power actually has some synergy.

Bubba: He's not an awful killer. I think that he would be more FUN for both sides if he had no terror radius but lacked a basic attack but in return had a louder rumbling chainsaw sound. He still got to reev it up. I like the idea of a killer who SEEMs like he is stealthy but his sounds and power go against that. Creating really intense surprsie chases and jumpscares.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options

None, just rush gens like always. The game is heavily in the survivors favor

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369
    Options

Survivors.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,801
    Options

Quite frankly nothing should get nerfed besides toolboxes and like a tweak to make decisive less annoying thats it

• Kieran_Griffin
    Kieran_Griffin Member Posts: 9
    Options

Maybe Doctor.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    edited February 2020
    Options

Not a single killer is overpowered against good survivors at this point.

Freddy is incredibly beatable by good loopers with teammates that actually do generators and stay awake.

Spirit can be mostly mitigated by Iron Will, and honestly, what other killer are you worried about that you have to take perks to prepare for? Iron Will is great against every killer anyway.

Hag will get dismantled by a coordinated team with Sprint Burst. She'll never have any traps down.

Oni has 0 chase power outside of his ability and he's effectively locked out of his ability for 2-3 gens at the start unless the survivors mess up or he has a favorable map.

Billy can snowball like crazy, but you shouldn't be bunched up against an on-demand one shot killer. That's not a Billy problem, that's a survivor awareness problem.

Run Kindred and do the generators.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited February 2020
    Options

Nea when it comes to nerfs.

For reworks, I can’t decide between Clown, Legion, or Leatherface.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

none

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

You're just boring, stop bating. I stopped with rating your baits

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2020
    Options

None.

I don't think any nerfs to killers should be looked at until they can gather the data from the ruin change.

As it stands right now id say tool boxes should be the highest priority to be looked at since the changes to some slow down mechanics have been done the ones which speed it up should be starting to become more obvious.

• ppo8820
    Options

Well obviously killers will say none. No one cares what they think. I’m talking to those who play both and to survivors. Thanks though and god bless.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited February 2020
    Options

You could very well just drop a pallet on a phasing spirit and go back to lobby simulator. She does have footsteps you know.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

As a rework, bubba. It will be hard to change him but he desperately needs one.