Remove ranks

Options

Nobody else can see them till after the game, you never get killers or survivors your ranks anyways, and this game is apparently just supposed to be casual and not competitive with no incentive to be a higher rank. I seriously don't understand it, who cares about rank and emblems? The only time peoples ranks seem to be right is with new players, so it just doesnt work.

Comments

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Instead of removing ranks, (which would totally destroy the game btw), fix them.

If the devs want to stay with the emblem system, make it harder for Survivor to rank up.

• camman0000
    camman0000 Member Posts: 35
    Options

totally destroy the game? its just a number dude, if it does factor to your mmr, it doesnt work. I have played 3 games today over the last like 6 hours that have had brand new killers with 1 level 1 perk when nearly all of us are purple or in my case a red rank. And I never knew the killers or my teammates ranks till the end of the game. The game doesn't even care about players ranks why should the players?

• camman0000
    camman0000 Member Posts: 35
    Options

And by its just a number I mean as in it doesn't have meaning to the game, like, who or what cares about ranks besides players who think they are really good? I am a terrible survivor yet I am always red ranks, and a decent killer but have never broken past 6 in my life. Even if these are good representations of my "skill" they don't end up determining who i player with / against. So scrap it all and let us have faster queue times if rank doesnt matter in the end anyways.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Yet i had a game as a rank 12 killer and there was a rank 18 with tier 3 adrenaline, ds, dh, and self care. He played like a much higher rank. Like purple/red ranked.

What good is rank when people derank or smurf. Id say this is derank.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

You say rank doesn't matter but I guarantee you will care at least a tiny bit, and you'll get more easily bored of the game. And a lot of other people will probably quit too.