The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

when they will release the new killer full trailer ?

any one know?

Best Answer

Answers

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    edited August 2018

@Thatbrownmonster said:
    after the ptb is over, like they did with the clown

Which is really stupid. Everybody and their mom knows who the new killer is but they release the trailer after ptb.

Clown's first teaser which practically had almost no information about the next killer was had been watched more than his actual trailer. Why would people even bother to watch it since they all know who the killer is?

They should drop the trailer Sunday or Monday.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    I hope they release info on the perks and powers before they release the ptb. As a console player I just had to wait for a PC player kind enough to take the time to post screenshots of the Clown and Kate's stuff. The least the devs could do is put all that info in the patch notes.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Delfador said:

@Thatbrownmonster said:

Which is really stupid. Everybody and their mom knows who the new killer is but they release the trailer after ptb.

Clown's first teaser which practically had almost no information about the next killer was had been watched more than his actual trailer. Why would people even bother to watch it since they all know who the killer is?

@Delfador said:

@Thatbrownmonster said:

Only the ones following DBD are aware of the stuff going on in PTB. There are a lot players who dont bother with that or streams

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

@Delfador said:

@Thatbrownmonster said:

It take's a lot of time to make this kind of trailer.

• BlackHack
    BlackHack Member Posts: 71

@Thatbrownmonster said:

ya i remember now , and i find it kinda silly

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

They should definitely do a real teaser/ trailer before the PTB starts

its really stupid to do it after the PTB, all the hype is gone already

• BlackHack

@Delfador said:

@Thatbrownmonster said:

ya they must release it before the ptb

• BlackHack

@brokedownpalace said:
    I hope they release info on the perks and powers before they release the ptb. As a console player I just had to wait for a PC player kind enough to take the time to post screenshots of the Clown and Kate's stuff. The least the devs could do is put all that info in the patch notes.

i dont think they will do that, if this my game i will release a teaser then a video on the new perks then the full trailer , and make the update go live, this ptb thing kill the update

• BlackHack

@Ihatelife said:

they already show us 70% of the trailer man i thinks it's complete

• BlackHack

@Someissues said:
    They should definitely do a real teaser/ trailer before the PTB starts
    its really stupid to do it after the PTB, all the hype is gone already

ya , you play 3 o 4 games on ptb and then comeback to the main build, after 2 week when the update go live, no one care

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    edited August 2018

@Ihatelife said:

@Delfador said:

@Thatbrownmonster said:

They have already made this trailer most probably though.

They release a part of the teaser. Watch clown's first and second teasers. First teaser is part of the second one.

Edit there was a mistake :/

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    The ptb is unfortunately required. It gives some players a chance to try out the new character, perks, maps...etc. They then inform the devs if anything needs tweaking or changing.

They didn't use to have it....and it was a mess.

I would like them to (somehow), allow console players access to the ptb...but the "console security and administration" would have a fit.

We would get a broken chapter...which isn't finish being edited(they almost always edit it.) Which would create possible future shutdown, and they have to get not just one update past the console executives....but at least two.

(And set up a whole second server for the ptb on console. Which requires money.)

Sounds like a super big hassle.

___

Aside from all that mess.... Dedicated servers sound a whole lot more do-able. They should start a Kickstarter or something to help fund it. I would pitch in.
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Master said:

@Delfador said:

@Thatbrownmonster said:

@Delfador said:

@Thatbrownmonster said:

Only the ones following DBD are aware of the stuff going on in PTB. There are a lot players who dont bother with that or streams

Then if they don't follow Dead by daylight they wouldn't have seen him the official clown trailer anyway.

The only people who would have actively looked it up would be the people who followed Dead by daylight and those people would have already known what the killer is and what it involves from the ptb.
  • Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

Honestly, this way of thinking is plain stupid. Not only console players have no way to access the PTB, something the devs don't care to address, but people just have to wait for the PTB to go live, in order to gather some info. And for those like me, who are console players, we will need to wait for those who can play PTB to post videos or screenshots. They could have put their livestream to good use by showing us the new chapter, but no, too simple. Ubisoft does that for every single season, why can't they do the same?

• AdánAR
    AdánAR Member Posts: 118

@Delfador said:

@Thatbrownmonster said:

Not me, Who's the killer?

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333

The most Especulated One is Kuchisake-Onna (Maybe with A Mask) and a Few think it's a Samurai