Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New form of Cheating

I just faced 2 survivors with the exact same profile name while i was playing HB on Safety Woods, i hooked and killed them more than 3 times, u are probably asking how is that even possible? I noticed that every time that one of them were hooked they suicide on the hook, some seconds later when i was after someone else, their lifebar appears on the hook again and one of the hackers gets rescued by the other. In the end i mannaged to kill the other 2 legit players and hook the cheaters before they have time to "revive".

In the end game chat i got called cheater for wallhacks (BBQ) and 360 chainsaw (LOL), yeah seems like that anyone that beats a cheater must be one too right...

PRETTY GOOD JOB SO FAR. Was a good match tho, rekting hackers with SKILLFUL gameplay feels so good man!

Comments

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

I would love to see a recording of that because that just boggles my mind. How would the game even allow that!?!?

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@Zagrid said:
    I would love to see a recording of that because that just boggles my mind. How would the game even allow that!?!?

Yeah i didnt beleave when i first saw it, but i found it too odd to see the "sacrifed" appearing on my screen then having 4 survivors running around the map, then i started to pay more attention after hooking them and noticed their hacks.

• Mapeater
    Mapeater Member Posts: 2

I noticed that yesterday on one of my matches. There were two guys with the same name on my lobby and when I hooked one of them for the first time, it was all good. On the second hook, the hud showed me that they where sacrificed but in fact they where going through the struggling phase. I don't think it's a hack, I didn't notice any speedhack or any sort of cheat while playing against them. I managed to kill them both without any issues, but that might be my case in particular. I think that the game's code or in this case the hud gets glitched when two people uses the same name.

• Bug_Reporter
    edited August 2018

@Mapeater said:
    I noticed that yesterday on one of my matches. There were two guys with the same name on my lobby and when I hooked one of them for the first time, it was all good. On the second hook, the hud showed me that they where sacrificed but in fact they where going through the struggling phase. I don't think it's a hack, I didn't notice any speedhack or any sort of cheat while playing against them. I managed to kill them both without any issues, but that might be my case in particular. I think that the game's code or in this case the hud gets glitched when two people uses the same name.

The problem is that when there was only the 2 hackers alive, i hooked one and saw the complete sacrife animation when it suicided on the hook, when i was about to hook the other one, the first guy appeared on the hook and tried to free himself, also this so called "bug" only happened with those 2 extremely suspicious survivors.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

That would be a new one to me. I've reviewed thousands of cheating reports and never seen anything like that. Still, if you do manage to record it (if it happens again), I would be happy to take a look at it.

• Bug_Reporter

@Peanits said:
    That would be a new one to me. I've reviewed thousands of cheating reports and never seen anything like that. Still, if you do manage to record it (if it happens again), I would be happy to take a look at it.

Its extremely rare for me to face a cheater, i've played for more than 1600h and found only 1 or 2 hackers during that time, i can only remember of a speed hacker Bill a long time ago, which is pretty good for the game :) .

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

It's not a hack, lmfao.

It's a visual bug when two players have the same name - it'll show them at full health always regardless off the stage they're in when on the hook.

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187

@Peanits said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    It's not a hack, lmfao.

It's a visual bug when two players have the same name - it'll show them at full health always regardless off the stage they're in when on the hook.

I can confirm this, it's not a cheat. I have had this happen to me some months ago. The game can't handle when two people have the exact same name (and/or look exactly the same) - their statues completely bug out and the bars don't go down/move or are even reversed. But they can still be sacrificed.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

@ComelyStar said:

@Peanits said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    It's not a hack, lmfao.

I can confirm this, it's not a cheat. I have had this happen to me some months ago. The game can't handle when two people have the exact same name (and/or look exactly the same) - their statues completely bug out and the bars don't go down/move or are even reversed. But they can still be sacrificed.

Pretty good job so far!

• Bug_Reporter
    edited August 2018

@SenzuDuck said:
    It's not a hack, lmfao.

Yeah the problem is that i when there was only those 2 guys alive, i killed one (saw the sacrifice animation), when i was about to hook the last one, the first guy appeared on another hook and tried to free himself, as he failed, both died and i saw the delayed animation for both.