Ruining Ruin Ruins the Game!

OK BHVR,

So you ignored everyone's criticism about your bad decision to ruin Hex: Ruin, and you rekt it anyway.

As usually, just like with the Nurse's base kit nerf, which made her really unfun to play as, even when your decision to nerf something gets a HUGE amount of criticism - you go with it anyway instead of listening to your community.

So yeah, it's less frustrating to play as a survivor with ruin REKT.

BUT. YOU IGNORED THE VERY PROBLEM THAT RUIN WAS A BAND AID FOR - GEN TIME AND LACK OF OTHER OBJECTIVES.

What is the result we see these days?

Red rank survivor queue times are THROUGH THE ROOF.

When it finally finds a lobby, it's a POOR RANK 14 KILLER THAT GETS ROFLSTOMPED.

Game times are 4-5 minutes, because there is nothing to slow down instagens.

Killers feel forced to camp, mori, tunnel and use cheap tactics. Killers are SALTY THAN EVER.

You are ruining YOUR OWN GAME WITH POOR DECISIONS! WAKE UP!

You CAN and SHOULD listen to feedback from your community. DO IT!

And this is coming from someone who plays a lot of BOTH sides. Heck, I play more survivor these days.

Bottom line is - Shame on you for being so pig headed. No pun intended!

Regards,

a veteran player.

Comments

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I disagree. I like the new Ruin better than the old. The old Ruin was useless at higher ranks. It only crippled low-rank survivors. It favored campers and tunnelers in the rank 13-20 brackets. You get to rank 5 and ruin is pointless. It is either gone in 60 seconds or they just bulldoze through with great skill checks.

I have found survivors are a bit more lazy and pay less attention without ruin. I stopped running ruin and went for slowdown builds that worked much better. The new ruin works into those well. It gets ignored until it is too late many times.

The new ruin pushes learning a different play style in order to make it work for you. You have to be willing to push survivors off gens instead of engaging in long chases. I've found it works really well with a half-map strategy. I don't let survivors pull me to the side with only 2 gens. I keep the other 5-6 in my area of influence and I can keep them off the gens and catch them in bad spots once they get frustrated.

Anyways, new ruin is only bad for those that depended on it too much. I highly suggest trying new builds and styles with the new ruin.

One thing I think would make it even better? Take away the hex part. For what it does, it could be a huge way of countering gen times without turning the game on its head.

• TrueLegend
    TrueLegend Member Posts: 25

Yeah i agree, my games today have been, and i am not exaggerating, either face camps with mori's, noed and tunnling or killers disconnecting and i dont b lame the killers for either of the things i mentioned. I've had 3 killers disconnect today because they are rank 14 - 20 and no one wants to play killer in high ranks. (i am rank 1). And I play a lot of killer too (billy) and I feel the killers pain, I'm not even mad at camping/tunnling/mori killers because i feel their pain from having 3 minute games consistently. Something needs to change or this game will die from lack of killers.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

The new ruin sucks

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Ruin wasn't the only early game slowdown and it definitely wasn't the only powerful slowdown perk.

Matchmaking is ruining the experience though...so there's that.

• Animator
    Animator Member Posts: 372
    edited February 2020

Do not mind it. They will ignore you, as well as me. They ignore my rather interesting ideas. I have never seen(and indeed, in principle, I have not seen) in my post that someone from KM wrote, in the style of "Hello! We heard you. Your idea is quite interesting and we see other people supported you. We sent your idea to the developers for consideration.".

They are usually very eager to respond to dumb posts in the style of "what is your favorite killer / survivor." And they do not pay attention to any important problems with animations or the same interesting ideas. (I suggested giving the GF an animation where it peeks from the bottom up from the window). They also ignore all other similar posts from other users. I have long ago understood this.

I have been very upset lately with the feedback from developers to the community. Very upset.

• Satsui
    Satsui Member Posts: 142

Really feels like they don't give a crap.

They are so pigheaded it's just sad. They release some really bad decision, and then they say "hey its on ptb test". The majority of the community strongly says it's a REALLY BAD design choice.

BHVR?

Goes with it anyway.

Facepalm!

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

While I do agree that Ruin was a bandaid for the underlying gen issue, changing Ruin was a healthy, needed change. I haven't played with ruin for months. People adapt.

• Animator
    Animator Member Posts: 372
    edited February 2020

I agree. They said that they planned a change Ruin last summer (it seems). Good. But why didn’t they put together a general poll on the forum with ideas they had already proposed for changing the Ruin? Why did not arrange a vote? Here is the saddest thing. They did it secretly.

They had many ideas for changing this perk, but they did not create a vote on this topic so that the community could choose a more interesting change for themselves.

• Waffleyumboy

You're almost there, but it's actually a "map issue", "killer issue", and "toolbox issue". "Gen issue" is a little misleading.

• Awakey

"Map issue" is true.

"Killer issue" is only true for a few killers.

"Toolbox issue" isn't an issue.

• Waffleyumboy

Toolboxes affect gen speeds too heavily imo, a green toolbox shouldn't be stronger than a pink key.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 537

In purple and red ranks, the ruin rework doesn't even matter

• Waffleyumboy
  • Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

How hard is it to understand that the ruin nerf was necessary thing? It will make addressing the gen issue more easily.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

It's the matchmaking system not ruin that's hurting the game. Killer's: you're not gonna get the old ruin back. The current system has me (a red survivor) going up against a yellow killer. Sometimes I crouch at a hook so the killer can have at least one kill.

• Awakey

I don't see toolboxes as often as people make it out to be. A pink key is world's more powerful than any toolbox.

• Waffleyumboy

Hmm I guess you don't understand yet...np we'll just agree to disagree for now :P

• Awakey

What exactly do you mean by "I don't understand yet"? Do tell.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 537

Did I say they don't use it? I said the change doesn't really matter at those ranks.

Read carefully before you comment.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

It matters for those killers with ######### map presence. I.E. most of them.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

The devs are blissfully unaware I'm afraid.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Yes ruin was useless at high ranks, that's why it was used 80% of the time.

Sarcastic comments aside, it really did do something. I don't think there was any player that could hit greats 100% of the time. Remember every failed skill check adds 7 seconds onto a gen, put that across all survivors and even if ruin only lasted 30 seconds its already bought you a ton of time.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

When the perk lasted more than 60 seconds. It was enough of a threat that hunting it was a priority. Many don't do that anymore, thus making last longer.

Either way, I think the perk would benefit more from being a non-hex perk. I like the aspect of rewarding active/engaging killers with that major regression. I hate how easy totems are to find and destroy.

• Satsui
    Satsui Member Posts: 142

There are literally no red ranks killer playing anymore on european servers.

I ######### you not. I played like 14 survivor games today. The HIGHest red rank killer I saw was rank 5. It was just one too!

Rest of the killers, after 15-20 min que time, were around rank 7-15. This is just stupid!

4 killers DCed, because they were getting roflstomped and genrushed to hell without any presence.

This is just plain sad. The devs are refusing to acknowledge their faultiness. It's just absurd.

Reminds me that Meme from The Simpsons, where you see the Principle saying something like this:

"BHVR: Am I wrong for destroying Hex: Ruin without providing a suitable alternative for Red Rank killers?"

"BHVR: No! It's the playerbase who is wrong!"

Yeah. Exactly like that.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Yep, so instead they are trying to make a new matchmaking system to fix it. And when that dosen't work there will be killer bots. Because they will never buff killers again. Nor will they fix maps. Nor will they nerf OP survivor second chance perks.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

Ruin was bad in the first place. People complained how weak it was.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

Yeah sure, when ? in 2 years hopefully.

I'm sorry, maybe you're new in the community, but the dbd devs are known for taking WAY to much time to roll out significant gameplay changes, look at the meta, the same 3 perks for 3 years....

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Nurse is still the strongest killer by miles..... come on now.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

With ruin gone, it should be easier to look at gen speeds, for at team as small as the one behaviour has, its really difficult to implement a lot of changes at once.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

The game is doing great, they are releasing cosmetics every single week, they have a ton of money, you would think they can hire more men power if needed, so this "they have a small team" is a total bs.

They said that just to keep the community calm, if they are going to do something to the gens, it won't be in 2020, mark my words, been in this community since beta and the devs haven't changed a bit.

• QuitBitching30
    QuitBitching30 Member Posts: 13

If you can't play without ruin you don't deserve it at all.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

The new Ruin will still be gone in 30 seconds. Because for some reason it's still a totem.

• I have pretty much given up p[laying killer all together, I switched over to doing more Survivor and realized how hell queue times really are. But then when I do get into a match my teammates disconnects or dies on first hook, leaving me behind to die because of their stupid choices. So I have to once again go back to lobby simulator for another thirty or so minutes in the damn game. Yeah I'm pretty done with DBD at this point, the Devs are killing off their own game with poor decision making and screwed up priorities.

• KaceSpireh
    KaceSpireh Member Posts: 112

Honestly killers should not even try anymore, I am a killer main and honestly after the ruin nerf I am done with DBD unless they somehow fix the matchmaking and Gen bloody times sure I'll be back if not then Sayonara ima swap to MHW a lot of monsters need hunting

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

I'm pretty sure people who say the new ruin is better than the old ruin are getting paid by the devs or they are survivor mains pretending to be killer mains. In no way is the new ruin better. Survivors still rush through gens and if it becomes too much of a problem they just look for the hex and cleanse it. A lot of survivors won't even bother looking for the new hex totem because it's weak and doesn't stop them from finishing gens.

The reason old ruin would get cleanse fast in a lot of matches is because it was good, so survivors would instantly start searching for it which bought the killer some time at the beginning of a match. Survivors have no such respect for the new ruin. They will finish 3 gens before they might even begin halfheartedly searching for it.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If we want the devs to listen to us then we ALL need to stop playing their game. Won't happen but that's what will do it. Not our voices but our wallets.