PS4 Ranking makes Killer unfun

So I have been playing DBD for a little over a year now on PS4, I had a daily ritual to do with Plague that took me quite a few matches to complete. In that past I saw myself as an alright player as I usually have ranks between 12 and 8, having reached red ranks only once.

Each match I've been in pits me against SWF levels 4-1 it just makes the game completely unfun. I don't need a game where I get 4ks but the least I strive for hooking everyone at least once and I got nowhere close to that. It hasn't just been this morning though, it's been this way for weeks now and it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. At that point I just want to switch to a survivor because at a level 8 as survivor I'm matching with level 17 killers making it super easy to win.

This is a serious problem as it just discourages killer play and causes a massive queue time. But I'd like to hear other people's experiences with this particular issue.

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

It's the same on Xbox too. It always seems to be a SWF team of 2 2's or a 3-man. Some are perfectly fine, but you get others that are will go out of their way to ruin everything for you. I personally don't mind them winning, but they can really take it to such an extreme and it's more annoying than anything. But, what can you do anymore? We just gotta take the abuse and move on I guess.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

Welcome to the club.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

I have to admit that I'm having less fun as a killer recently. There just seems to be like a number of combining factors such as the matchmaking and ruin nerf that are making the experience less fun. The only upside is that I feel no issues with using any killer or strategy now.

• FrankSRfromIT
    FrankSRfromIT Member Posts: 59

Yeah, I literally was thanking the same thing last night. I am or was rank 15 killer (ps4). And I know I am not good, but play for fun. First game I played 2 5's and 2 6's. Zero kills. Second game 2 6's, and 8 and 17. one kill (the 17 he was on pare with my skill)Third game 2 6's, 7 and a 8. Zero kills. Fell back to rank 16, and then was still facing 8-10 ranks.........if that keeps happening I will move on to another game. The point is to have fun and that is not happening when the mm is placing low level killers against significantly higher ranks. throw in swf (not all are bad) and killer can just not be fun.