An emerging server issue ?

aGoodOldRub
aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

When I was playing killer a survivor told me that I killed him like 20 meters away from him but it was ok on my screen and now I was playing survivor and this happened like clearly an issue with servers so I am curious what is happening with servers right now. Just to be clear I use Ethernet and I never have connection issues in any game. My ping in lobby is always like around 65 and stable.

Comments

• miotas
    miotas Member Posts: 42

Once again, the entity manifests itself as lag

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

My ping is 30-35 ms every game and I still get hit from a clown who's standing on a window on 2nd floor after I hit the ground outside, or on the ther side of pallets after they were thrown or after I vaulted them or 5 meters away from a window or behind walls,....the list is endless.

And sometimes the weapon went right through me but misses.

Dedicated servers were broken from the beginning and they still are.

Even when playing with 200ms killers in the past, I've never faced these issues like I do with these servers. The servers kinda destroyed the game. If I had one wish for the game it would be to turn off the servers. It is just depressing when impossible hits connect, and those that should have hit you don't.

Needless to say that DH is useless on these servers, because you even can get hit mid animation. The only use this perk has left is the dash forward to reach places. But it is rarely possible to dodge a hit with it, even if the timing was right.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Dedicated servers are just a disappointment.

I wanna go back to peer-to-peer already,.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

The dedicated servers affect game play which is wrong in my opinion they should only be monitoring and players computers gameplay be directly talking to each other otherwise it's like telling someone else you are vaulting a pallet who then tells the other player but to the other player they have already hit you before jumping the pallet.

The dedicated servers are needed but someone made a bad choice in using them for gameplay as this will never be perfect.