Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Help for Demogorgon

Does anyone know if any reworks or buffs are coming for Demogorgon. I've tried for so long to find something too make him work to no success. I've tried different strategies and countless perk combos. He's got absolutely NOTHING to help break the looping cycle like the clown or doctor. He's got no stealth to get close enough to survivors to get at least a free hit before a chase starts. His portals are useless because he announces to the world that he's portaling. His slash, which only moves in a straight line, is useless when survivors spend most of their time running around loops.

I don't mean to sound like I'm whining or complaining, it's just frustrating cause he's my favorite. And i can usually 3-4k with any other killer. But not demogorgon. I've seen streamers do good with him when they use a cheese build/strategy, but that's not how i like to play. You shouldn't have to be locked in to a set of specific perks just to make a killer viable.

Anyways, rant over. Any thoughts? Any signs of changes coming down the road for my boy demo?

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

You don't want to use STBFL?

• Joshawoo71
    Joshawoo71 Member Posts: 23

I mostly bait/cancel the stred attack to zone survivors from loops, depends on positioning though.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

This has been said a lot of times, demo is the jack of all trades, good at all, remarkable at none. Keep that in mind when playing him, because he is also extremely difficult to master.

• Place your portals next to gens and on hills, if possible hide them.
    • Be careful with shred, it can be your best weapon or your biggest detriment
    • Try to fail as little shred hits and avoid getting stunned if possible, because you are only giving survivors free map awareness by doing so.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Shred is...difficult to use on console, ergo, STBFL is not as good as it normally would be.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Demogorgon plays very poorly the more objectives he has to hold, and doesnt deal well with trying to fix that with perks. Start trying out endgame builds on him (Mine being NOED, Distressing, Infectious Fright and Whispers) and he easily rivals nurse in terms of power during the end game.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

First thing you need to do is get out of the mindset of not wanting to use specific perk builds. If your name isn't Spirit, you need at least one or two specific perks to make Killers excel. STBFL is just objectively god-tier on him. The thing you need to remember about Shred is that it only works well when the survivor is forced to go in one direction. This ironically makes the Killer Shack the worst place to be against him. If you chase a survivor into the shack through the entrance opposite the pallet, its a free shred or pallet drop if you time it right. Landing Shred in the open is similar to Huntress's hatchets, you'll have better results if you take a moment to see how the survivor responds to charging a shred. If they start juking, just cancel the shred and move in for an M1. Demo also happens to be one of the only killers who can make full use of Devour Hope. As Otz showed in one of his videos, you can place a portal on DH but leave it off until somebody touches it on BBQ or you hit 3 stacks. Pop/MYC are incredible on him because you can teleport to a gen/hook and immediately capitalize on the instadown/regression. The addons I tend to run are pumpkin/guts and rat liver/tail. Despite what people say, Leprose Lichen is suprisingly good if you can keep survivors injured, as the aura reading is global as long as you have LOS. I also tend to like running Dying Light, as it HEAVILY synergizes with STBFL as they both need you to ignore the obsession, and Demo will almost never lose stacks if you can aim your shred properly.

• Tipper117
    Tipper117 Member Posts: 41

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Using portals effectively is probably what I struggle with the most when playing Demo. I'll try out some if these ideas.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

you extremely overestimate undetectable and it's addons

The green addon is only 0.5 seconds and the purple is only 1. Red moss harms him more than helps him.

Not to mention undetectable itself is useless when he makes a map wide notification and his footsteps can be heard from 16 meters

• Tipper117

I get the different strategies with the portals, but HOW do you deal with all the crazy pallet looping. Those, along with all the second chance perks survivors have, they waste so much of my time.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2020

You hit them with shred, while playing like any other M1 killer tbh.

It's not that the solution is complicated, it's that it's very very hard to do, he has a pretty harsh learning curve. You basically can't miss any of your shred attacks, every-time you do it should either be a fake or when you KNOW you will hit.

• Tipper117

Shred does nothing when they're running around a circular loop though. Shred has it's place, but when it comes to being looped around in a circle work windows or pallets, it's useless.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    edited February 2020

He saids he teleports a lot. Its like Wraith with Bone Clapper. You just Bong until they stop paying attention, then you ambush.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2020

This is incorrect. I literally hit people with it in red rank SWFs using it that way all the time. If I am that close or the loop is so tight then obviously just act like any other M1 killer, but beyond that shred is insanely good as long as you don't mess it up.

If you want help but are just going to say "Nope it's useless" to someone who has like near 800 hours as JUST Demogorgon, who is saying the same thing that even the most prominent killer mains/streamers have said like Otz and them.... then why are you even asking here?

If you want to get good with demo you WILL have to learn how to land your shreds, sorry but that is just truth.

• Archimedes5000

Shred is like hatchets.

You cant say Huntress hatchets are ######### just because she cant use them in a tight loop.

• Tipper117

Easy there chief. Not all of us know of your prestigious skills with Demogorgon or the amount of hours you have in. So chill. I even said shred had it's place. Never said it didn't. But if you're getting looped around a circular object with as pallet, just holding forward like an "M1 killer" until they drop the pallet doesn't cut it. Because you know what happens after that? They just run to the next pallet loop. By the time you actually catch them, multiple gens have been done. Shred, which goes in a straight line, does not help around those kinds of loops. And some maps are worse than others with the amount of loops, pallets or no pallets. Freddy's maps are horrendous and I'm about to the point where I'm gonna start quitting those maps right from the start of I'm playing Demogorgon. Just out of curiosity, i such work chasing this survivor today through all the pallet loops it took to catch him. After 4 gens got done i just went to the exit gate and opened it for them after gen 5. And before you say that maybe I'm just not that good at the game, get at minimum 3k every game with ANY other killer.

I'm not sure why I'm not allowed to say that a certain suggestion you or someone else gave doesn't work. If you don't like it, than just don't comment. Leave it be. It's that simple

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

Yeah but Wraiths power doesn't have a cooldown and he can use it anywhere at anytime and it could be helpful in chase

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2020

I am chill, but if you are going to be rude or disrespectful you can expect not much of it back in kind either. That being said I was definitely being overly harsh I even had to go back and edit/tone it down some even before you saw it and should have done more so.

That being said- you are allowed to say whatever you want, but if you don't actually want help, and would rather not listen to anyone anyways, then the one who shouldn't comment and just leave it be is not the other party.

It just pisses me off because I literally know it works, and it's obviously where your struggling the most and it's one of the main reasons you are having a hard time, but rather than actually try and address that you would rather go "Nope, no, nope that's not it" and it's like....if that is the attitude you want to take then of course you are going to keep struggling, it's just being a dick to someone trying to spend their time on you.

So sorry for snapping, I am, but if you are just going to keep that mentality than yeah, you are right I shouldn't comment any further I agree.

• Tipper117

Oh shred is great for getting them before the loop. Whether it's a fake for the M1 hit, or catching then with shred. It's when they get to the loop that i have problems.

• Okay forgetting everything before, quick question, do you run rat's liver at all by any chance?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Actually on most loops Shred is effective if not for getting a hit, to at least make survivors drop the pallet earlier, and often destroy it more quickly. Most of the times fakes are enough for that.

• Tipper117

I think if you're chasing a survivor straight into a pallet that works the way you say it does. But when you going around an object in a circle, and you try to charge shred as you come up to a pallet, the survivor sees that and just continues running the loop because charging shred slows you down and they know they have enough time to make another trip around. honestly, if they just took away the slow down, or reduced it for demogorgon when he's charging shred, he would be able to manage loops like any other killer like doc or clown.

• That is why I was asking if you use Rat's liver at all, it makes you move at or just over 100% move speed when charging shred, that reason you just mentioned is why it's considered his best addon by far even though it is a brown.

• Archimedes5000
    edited February 2020

If you use Rat Liver, your speed while charging Shred is 101%, this means you dont lose distance, it remains the same. So you can bait Shreds all the time, just like with Huntress

• Tipper117

I must've completely missed that. My bad. I'm gonna try using that more. Thanks!!!

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I have crappy perks on Demogorgon right now. His Shred is fun, and free points, but not as reliable as even Pig's Ambush; however, it has INSANE range at full charge.

My only issue is getting portals down as fast as possible. He's a more simplistic version of Hag, tbh, but the lack of immediacy of his portals is what sets the two apart and makes her infinitely more deadly with any momentum.

I think he's the halfway point in design between Hag and Pig, sort of like how Ghostface is like an amalgamation of Myers and Pig (though his mechanics are still super buggy).

• Yeah Hag is without a doubt a much stronger killer.

Thing with his portals is they are huge too, which makes the game fight with you too often on if you can even place them or not, making you waste so much time.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2020

You don't charge shred as you approach the pallet in fact, but rather when the survivor is about to reach it. That way you force the survivor to make a choice: keep looping with the high risk of getting shredded, or drop the pallet early (which you can then quickly destroy).

The point is that you need to know when to start charging the ability. Timing is key.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Yeah, I've found it's nice to get them out ASAP, but I actually don't find myself using them as much as I should. You can't reset them unless they're destroyed, so it's risky to just dump them out of convenience.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2020

I always try and hold at least 1, but better 2 portals if I can. Especially near the end game because survivors almost never destroy portals unless they are doing it cause they know they can finish a gen before you get to that area by walking. That is why you usually just do 2 sets of 2 on like opposite sides of the map, and maybe one in the middle somewhere. You can use one and always have a backup, and drop a replacement so that there is always one hidden and one visible.

If there is one person left and you closed the hatch and you have 2 portals, the match is basically over they can't win without a key even with gates on opposite sides- even more so if you have whispers. Since you know they are not there, wait, port, if whispers activates, stay, if not, port and just do that till they die or try a gate and you down them. It takes longer for the gates to open than it takes your port to come off cooldown.

• Archimedes5000
    edited February 2020

I wish you could seal your portals.

It makes no sense that you cant do that, from the balance, logical or even lore point of view.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2020

I wish it wasn't like "You can place one" but I go to place it and it's like "Lol just kidding" I take a step and it lights up that I can but I finish that one single step forward and it's like no you can't again, like it is picky down to like a few pixels it's very frustrating.

It's not just X wall stops it, only some objects and some walls actually collide and stop it, plus hitboxes on said items stopping it don't match the actual items so you can't tell visually if you can or can't sometimes.

• Archimedes5000
    edited February 2020

Thats the issue with all traps, but Demo Portals are the biggest of them all. I dont think it should affect them so much, part of the portal should have no collision.

• Yeah I feel the edges of it shouldn't just the main center part he actually goes through and appears from.