As a survivor, how do I counter whispers

CornHub
CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

The only thing I've seen that works is hiding in the basement as it would be time consuming to the killer if no one is in there and it's always the last place they check even if they are slugging for a 4k. I've tried out spine-chill, but by the time I figure out a good place to hide, they won't leave as they've narrowed down my general location. Is there any other way to hide or evade a killer if they are using whispers?

Best Answers

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Answer ✓

I don't think there's anything beyond simply hide. If you hear the TR, find a locker. Usually the killer will think you're just crouched somewhere, though it depends on the map really. A single locker will be a telltale sign that you're there, but multiple lockers can distract the killer enough for you to get a headstart, unless they just wander off.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓

As a killer that uses whispers a lot the best thing you can do is hide and keep moving without running. Even if whispers is going off it doesn't give me an exact location. I might be able to pin down the direction your at but if another survivor is around I cant do that. The biggest issue with whispers is finding someone. If I happen to go to the gen you were working on, whispers goes off and you crouch away. I'll look around and I might find you but I might not. In my experience the ones that hide in 1 spot standing still usually get found. The ones I don't find are the ones that hide somewhere, see me check a spot, then they move to said spot cause I think its clear. Sometimes if I looked all over and I still don't find someone i'll give up and go patrol another gen.

Do Not hide in lockers. Especially at the shack. If whispers is going off at the shack and there's no gens nearby it's pretty obvious your in there. Unless your running head on.

Post edited by EvilJoshy on

Answers