Why are killers AND survivors so entitled on this forum?

Options
ive noticed in about 95% of the threads it’s been “camping is good because I want points and blah blah blah” and survivors are like “this one guy hit me therefore I can dc because blah blah” or “this killer OP” and killers are like “this perk is OP because it meant the survivor could have a chance I want it removed forever and I think jungle jims and pallets should be removed bc I want ezpz games” I play both killer and survivor and the amount of people getting butt hurt over a little thing as if it’s a big deal is laughable some of the suggestions by survivors and killers on buffs and nerfs are made just for an easy play style which is boring as hell. I think people on here need get over themselves and just take stuff with a grain of salt and think about how it effects both sides like if you had a buff/nerf idea but you play a lot of killer and want it for a killer make sure it’s not unfair for survivors or too big a buff that will make it the new sprint burst I didn’t start this to cause a argument btw but I have a feeling I’ll see a few survivor/killer mains in the comments saying “I sense a killer/survivor main” or “git gud” or if I’m lucky people who actually agree this forum needs more mods or something to counter the amount of bait,hate, or trolls on the forums.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Which Killer said that they camp for points? Camping is notoriously bad for getting points.

• deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    Options
    Orion said:

Which Killer said that they camp for points? Camping is notoriously bad for getting points.

I mean as in they wanted the kill not points sorry about that
  • Orion
    Options

@deadbydaylightfan said:

If all three buzzards Survivors are swarming the hook, giving them a free hook rescue would be the worst possible play.

• deadbydaylightfan
    Options
    Orion said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

If all three buzzards Survivors are swarming the hook, giving them a free hook rescue would be the worst possible play.

I’m talking about camping like face camping where that person can do absolutely nothing and gets no point because they were hooked and some people might say “just don’t get hooked” but the is a ton of situations where that’s not possible 
  • Orion
    Options

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    I’m talking about camping like face camping where that person can do absolutely nothing and gets no point because they were hooked and some people might say “just don’t get hooked” but the is a ton of situations where that’s not possible 

Well, this is a PvP game. Maybe those who complain should play a sandbox game, if losing is such a big deal for them.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Master said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    ive noticed in about 95% of the threads it’s been “camping is good because I want points and blah blah blah” and survivors are like “this one guy hit me therefore I can dc because blah blah” or “this killer OP” and killers are like “this perk is OP because it meant the survivor could have a chance I want it removed forever and I think jungle jims and pallets should be removed bc I want ezpz games” I play both killer and survivor and the amount of people getting butt hurt over a little thing as if it’s a big deal is laughable some of the suggestions by survivors and killers on buffs and nerfs are made just for an easy play style which is boring as hell. I think people on here need get over themselves and just take stuff with a grain of salt and think about how it effects both sides like if you had a buff/nerf idea but you play a lot of killer and want it for a killer make sure it’s not unfair for survivors or too big a buff that will make it the new sprint burst I didn’t start this to cause a argument btw but I have a feeling I’ll see a few survivor/killer mains in the comments saying “I sense a killer/survivor main” or “git gud” or if I’m lucky people who actually agree this forum needs more mods or something to counter the amount of bait,hate, or trolls on the forums.

DBD is the most unbalanced game I know. The experience is horrible for high rank killers and for low rank survivors. Matchmaknig is so broken, its beyond believe.

If you ask me, the game went in the wrong direction long ago, I can only shake my head when it comes to decisions like global hex notifaction giving away all information or stuff like that. Playing survivor has become so easy I do it with one hand while eating or typing at the phone.
    Playing killer is either easy AF if you play on low rank or you face bully squads you dont stand a chance. The survivors decide how the game is gonna go, not the powerole in the game (funny eh?)

Doesnt help either that certain "humans" advertise toxicity in their channels that is in the game now too

You are the one who OP is talking about xD.
    Sure, show us how you type on your phone while in a chase.
  • Vietfox
    Options
    Master said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

DBD is the most unbalanced game I know. The experience is horrible for high rank killers and for low rank survivors. Matchmaknig is so broken, its beyond believe.

If you ask me, the game went in the wrong direction long ago, I can only shake my head when it comes to decisions like global hex notifaction giving away all information or stuff like that. Playing survivor has become so easy I do it with one hand while eating or typing at the phone.
    Playing killer is either easy AF if you play on low rank or you face bully squads you dont stand a chance. The survivors decide how the game is gonna go, not the powerole in the game (funny eh?)

Doesnt help either that certain "humans" advertise toxicity in their channels that is in the game now too

• fakelove
    fakelove Member Posts: 82
    Options

Because there is the 'us vs them' mentality and it's at a stage in which is beyond repair, sadly

• deadbydaylightfan
    Options
    fakelove said:

Because there is the 'us vs them' mentality and it's at a stage in which is beyond repair, sadly

I guess I just feel this forum could be so much better if they didn’t have to rely on one person(not_queen) to answer questions and reply
  • ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    Options
    Thank you, OP. I agree. 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited August 2018
    Options
    fakelove said:

Exactly, its needed by most toxic players in the community to justify being insufferable ######### towards their perceived "enemy" otherwise they'd feel bad about themselves.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

Why is the world entitled so overused in DbD forums. Is it because so many little kids play and they use it to insult each other. It's used very little in other games I play.

/shrug

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options
    You'll see the same troll ppl in almost every post making snide comments. I don't really think it's about the game so much as some people are just sad and broken.
    I do agree that this should be a place where there is more positivity and discourse however that requires civility... 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    Master said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Just because YOU can't multitask while playing survivor, doesn't mean that others can't.

It's not really hard to drink while holding m1 for a gen. Or to check the phone.

Can't do that as killer tho. Need both hands.

We all agree that the game is unbalanced. But somehow we keep playing.

OP, camping means usually losing as killer. But sometimes it's the only thing left to do.
    Also everyone defines camping differently. 
    For some it's still camping, even if the killer is at the other end of the map.
  • Vietfox
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Master said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Just because YOU can't multitask while playing survivor, doesn't mean that others can't.

It's not really hard to drink while holding m1 for a gen. Or to check the phone.

OP, camping means usually losing as killer. But sometimes it's the only thing left to do.
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Master said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

I said during a chase.
    Yes, i do know about the drink cause i do it pretty often when playing dbd, but in especific moments, not while repairing a gen because i need one hand to hold m1 and the other one for the spacebar. It's easier for survivors cause they can hide in a corner and do it, killer's role demands to keep looking for survivors, chase them, etc... Basically keep moving. So just because a survivor can drink while playing doesnt mean it's easier, means that they are able to hide for a while and stay there because it's part of their role.
  • necromeat
    necromeat Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Putting a bear trap at the hatch is pretty priceless though. 😁
  • C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Besides blatant facecamping, and some little things here and there im not so upset with the game like others. Sure it has some balancing issues but hell COD does too other games as well that are AAA and people still ride that train. Most complaints are little kids who dont want to learn or counter, they want things handed. While high ranks do need some sort of rework, complaining about DS, SB, SC, OR NOED is baby cries. When BBQ and chili was out i at first thought it was OP but you have to learn to not just counter play each killer , you have to counter perks. Early game as surv against killers high up i assume they run bbq ruin til proven otherwise. Then ill play them accordingly. As killer if i see obsession i assume all have DS and counter accordingly. Montos camera flicker kills DS if timed perfectly. Ppl need to just git gud stop crying and learn to counter.Sometimes its the killer you chose with the perks, or what the survs used or the map. You cant win every match, with the same perks all the time etc. Those who just want things handed are usually little kids who need SWF to rank,  or they wanna be Ochido and play toxic til you ######### them and they DC. Clown came out, oh hes OP...guarantee new killer comes out, they will claim OP. This game is going in the right direction,  some people just need to stop bitching.
  • pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    Options

@C4Garuda said:
    Besides blatant facecamping, and some little things here and there im not so upset with the game like others. Sure it has some balancing issues but hell COD does too other games as well that are AAA and people still ride that train. Most complaints are little kids who dont want to learn or counter, they want things handed. While high ranks do need some sort of rework, complaining about DS, SB, SC, OR NOED is baby cries. When BBQ and chili was out i at first thought it was OP but you have to learn to not just counter play each killer , you have to counter perks. Early game as surv against killers high up i assume they run bbq ruin til proven otherwise. Then ill play them accordingly. As killer if i see obsession i assume all have DS and counter accordingly. Montos camera flicker kills DS if timed perfectly. Ppl need to just git gud stop crying and learn to counter.Sometimes its the killer you chose with the perks, or what the survs used or the map. You cant win every match, with the same perks all the time etc. Those who just want things handed are usually little kids who need SWF to rank,  or they wanna be Ochido and play toxic til you [BAD WORD] them and they DC. Clown came out, oh hes OP...guarantee new killer comes out, they will claim OP. This game is going in the right direction,  some people just need to stop bitching.

DS needs to be destroyed. Thats all.

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187
    Options

I'll be the first to admit that this game does have balancing issues but I do get a bit irritated with a lot of the complaints being easily responded with "You got unlucky" "So, you don't like how someone else is playing/couldn't deal with it" or "What else did you expect them to do?".

Even if someone has a really bad suggestion on how to fix an problem is better than just distributing salt all over the forum because.