Do you think OoO should be removed?

Options
OrangeJack
OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

I think it hard counters a lot of the already weaker killers and is SWF exploitable but I've never used it myself so I can't really say too much about it. Thoughts?

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,801
    Options

don't really see How they'd change the perk all of Laurie's perks have to give the obession

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Yea needs a rework, maybe they just make it an infinite range premonition with no cooldown that reveals your aura to the killer. That way it would work against Myers again.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

All they need to do is make it so if more than one person is running OoO on a team of survivors, it only works for one person.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

It really needs a rework. It makes already weak killers even weaker and it's overpowered in a good SWF. It's even worse when multiple survivors have it.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394
    Options

It needs a rework. Its the most broken perk in game atm.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options
  • Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I really like this idea, but I think that premonition should have no cooldown in the first place. Some other kind of Nerf or rework would probably be better, like making it only activate when the killer is in a chase. That way it gives you a lot of information, but it doesn't screw over trapper and hag.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    edited February 2020
    Options

And what about it? As if range was the only problem.

Still, its completly broken in SWF and moderately broken vs Trapper and Hag.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

What if you can see the aura for 1-2 seconds and there's a 30 second cooldown?

When you can see the killers aura, the killer gets a notification like legions Killer instinct.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Yes!!

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Needs to be reworked

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

Yes. The whole Undetectable-Shenanigans came only from Object of Obsession. Other Perks which gave Aura Read like Dark Sense or Alert are completely fine (or even too weak).

But Object just gives too much information, even in Solo Play, because the risk is way lower than the Reward, especially since the Killer will not always see the Survivor, but the Survivor will see the Killer, when they are facing in the opposite Direction.

So I really hope for a Rework, can be really high Risk. Maybe keep the Aura Read, make it only work when both parties look directly at each other and give the Survivor some form of Debuff or anything the longer they look at the Killer.

• tkwmm
    tkwmm Member Posts: 103
    Options

Totally need to rework as SWF with at least 2 decent survivor with OoO can totally outplay all the non stealth killer especially those killer using trap with all the information sharing with totally no counter, which I think is not balance.

Probably could rework that only the obsession have the effect of OoO. Mean that if the survivor with OoO not the obsession, this perk lose the effect. With this the this perk will have balance, the killer will need to find a way to switch the obsession so the person with OoO cant get use of it.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

OoO is still broken vs Trapper and Hag.

And SWF cant be nerfed, so we have to rework OoO so that its not so op when used by SWF. Make it something like Kindred: great information, helps solo greatly, useless for SWF.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,623
    Options

I think the killer/survivor should only be able to see each other when they're looking at each other. Right now, there could be an OoO looking at you and you can't even tell because you're facing a different way. They could always change it to let the killer look at the survivor in the same manner, instead of having that one-sided crap.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Not removed, but needs to be reworked definitely. Sole Survivor could also use some tweaking to make it more powerful.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    Options

Id like Sole Survivor and OoO to be reworked. Without SWF OoO is fine, but SWF gives the team unlimited information while the obsession sits at a god loop knowing he can't be caught.

• heartstone_malone
    heartstone_malone Member Posts: 65
    Options

Removed? Like you can see the survivor at all times. Can't even look around while healing without revealing your location. It's also not very commonly used perk. You should be able to eliminate the one survivor giving you free wall hacks every 20 games and if not, it's a skill issue, not Object being OP.

• judge_fist
    judge_fist Member Posts: 114
    Options

Have you seen or experienced the plays that can be pulled with OoO?

• Ralph
    Ralph Member Posts: 9
    Options

My biggest problem with OoO is the fact that you get so much information for free as soon as the match starts. While there is a risk depending on the killer you're playing against and their skill level, as well as your skill level, it can still be changed to be a bit healthier. If anything, make it to where you have to charge it like you do with diversion, and then have it drain at an equal rate or increased rate while it's in use. Leaning towards increased rate considering the amount of information it gives you and potentially your team.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    edited February 2020
    Options

I'm fine with it on solo, but on a SWF, where you usually see it pop up? Yeah, remove that, please.

Post edited by Rivyn on
  • heartstone_malone
    heartstone_malone Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2020
    Options

Yes I have and usually the player using OoO gets camped and/or tunneled. Even when I run it, I don't go in in expecting to survive. I just want some fun chases.

What I don't like is how killers in "undetected" status can still see your aura with object. It's just free wall hacks for stealth killers with NO downside. If auras are blocked, they should be blocked for both survivor AND killer. This is how it works on EW1 michael (but only him for some reason) and I think that's how it was intended for all killers. So if anything OP saying that Object "hard countering" killers is extremely incorrect because stealth killers hard counter Object right now.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

Removed or reworked. It’s a perk that’s sole purpose is to give a boost to SWF teams when SWF is already strong enough as it is.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Why shouldn't the stealth killer see OoO? You said yourself you're looking for fun chases. Doesn't get more 'fun' than that. Plus, it's only when they're undetected. GF is out of his power or Pig is running around, you can see them just fine.

• Purr
    Purr Member Posts: 83
    Options

i think they should have it so killer see's the survivor no matter what and survivor see's the killer no matter what equal balance

long as ur looking in their direction i mean

• Psychobeastz
    Psychobeastz Member Posts: 164
    Options

I personally agree if I am playing half the roster or mostly trapper of course in general your officially getting face camped. I am pretty sure anybody who plays trapper and have a person with triple o would do the same its just common sense. No offense to the survivors I have been on the receiving ends myself. Cough cough (random perk wheel) :)

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Yes remove it from the game. BEGONE THOT

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2020
    Options

Well, rework it cause it would be kinda BS to just remove it entirely.

But yes, it really should. It's probably one of the most game breaking perks in the game, but for some reason all anyone wants to complain about is DS and such because they see it more.

OoO in an SWF means you HAVE to kill that person IMMEDIATELY or it could cost you the game, especially if you have low mobility.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Nope.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    edited February 2020
    Options

You can always make it so it guarantees that you start off as the obsession but it only works if you are the obsession, if during the match it changes to someone else it gets disabled until it comes back to you.

• Reaper_xx
    Reaper_xx Member Posts: 173
    Options

OoO is a good perk. It was good the way it was before where you can see the killer. It shouldn't be removed.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174
    Options

Huntress gets alot out of it as well, and you can never be stealthy with it vs her. And yes, it hard counters a few killers, but now stealth killers get to see you when you look at them, and you see nothing. And you can't look in their direction to see if they are coming because then they see you wherever you are.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Removed no. But I'd say it needs a rework. If for no other reason because of how upsetting it is for killers.

• TraitorousLeopard
    TraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156
    Options

I think the simplest fix is that it should only trigger when the Killer and Survivor are looking at each other, rather than happening when the Survivor looks at the killer. This would keep the strong (though not as strong) and risky elements of the perk intact while giving the Killer a decent amount of counter-play.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,031
    Options

Think something along these lines would work well. Dont know if I agree with those numbers specifically, but the general idea is pretty good.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

I actually don't run either OoO or SS so I don't have a lot of personal experience on both, so warning: this might be a bit uninformed.

I don't run either perk myself but I heard it mentioned in a video and I just started rolling an idea around in my head about combining the two perks, so it would be something like:

-Aura reading still exists, like OoO

-Aura reading range now scales off sacrificed team mates, the same way SS does

-Maybe keep the aura reading prevention on the person running the perk, the way SS blocks the aura readings

If they did something like this it would remove the "right off the bat" benefit and significantly hinder the amount of information that a SWF would get, especially early game for something like a Trapper, where the OoO could call out where traps are being placed. I just figured if the two perks were just merged to where OoO only started working as team mates dropped, like SS, it would eliminate a lot of that SWF annoyance, but the perk would still retain some of its effectiveness as to not be completely useless.

Sorry if it's a half-baked idea. I didn't think a lot of details through but hey, I thought I'd drop the idea. Maybe it'll spark a better idea in somebody else's mind.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

All it needs is a long cooldown or a significant distance restriction or something.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

As much as I hate OOO, just rework it to be more fair.

It would be best if OOO reveals the killer's aura anytime they can see your aura. So if the killer has Nurse's Calling, when they see you healing you see them, maybe with an extra 0/1/2 seconds after they stop seeing your aura. IMO that would be WAY more fair because then it's like an anti-aura perk or at least something along the lines of Spine Chill/Prem where it's to alert you the killer can see you.

• ThisLadyRightHere
    ThisLadyRightHere Member Posts: 195
    Options

I think OoO is not much of a bother. I love this perk easily my favorite and it’s a part of my main build. Resilience, Spine Chill, and DS, sometimes Iron Will.

I love the fact I can see the killer and I don’t care if they see me. Reworking this perks from its main use will just make me sad.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    Options

That would be a huge buff for SWF. The issue with OoO in a SWF group is that the obsession can feed information to the other survivors and the killer can't do nothing to stop that besides tunneling the obsession into a quick death.

The last thing they need is even more opportunities for OoO.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Either make the perk have a really long cooldown, or make it to where if the killer and the survivor are looking in each other's direction to reveal each other's aura. The perk is a swf crutch that gives too much information

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Sorry but how?

Killer sees your aura with BBQ/Nurse's/etc, then you see their aura. No more seeing their aura on demand. It's so you can avoid detection and pick out what aura perks they have, not keep permanent tabs on the killer.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited February 2020
    Options

OOO is potentially one of the most powerful survivors perks they have and it comes at the expense of the killer, dneying what little stealth and mindgames they have. It HEAVILY promotes tunneling since I have no choice but to assume any competent team is getting info from the OOO too, which is not fun for killers and not fun for surivvors.

The premise behind it is an interesting one but it gives just too much information. Personally I think being an obsession should come with notable downsides as a rule. The only fear of bession obsession right now is A: they have rancor, B: Remember Me or C: they have furtive chase.

True spook /s

Considering most OBS perks are very powerful there should be punishment .You know, like how killers power perks are hexes and can be destroyed 1 minute in game. I don't know what the downside to obsession should be exactly. I don't think it should be over top but it should be something.

OOO I would suggest A: down time and C: a draw back. Maybe when the killer spots you something happens.

The killer dosen't get a lot from seeing your aura. Since if you have OOO it's more of a mindgame by the survivor and they most likely built around getting tunneled/wasting time to begin with or they'll just move someplace safe and comm to their team-if they have one- whle looping a safe area.

• Elvenmonk
    Elvenmonk Member Posts: 367
    Options
  • cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    Options

Yes

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

Idc if it is tbh. It's dogshit vs stealth killers now.