Flashlights, do you use them?

If you didn't already know,in these series there are only perks. I decided to cheat the rules and add both popular items and add-ons.

So,flashlights. I try to use them to their maximum potential and it's really difficult for me. I need to learn the timing and the right places to do so.

Flashlights are a killer's worst nightmare. You just earned a down after 2 gens popping. You pick the survivor and then his swf comes at the speed of sound and blinds you........perfect!

Do you use them? Let me know down below.

Comments

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

i have sprint burst in my loot build just in case if i get flashlight so i can use SB to FL save (after pick up animation change its harder to do FL save so SB is kinda making up for that)

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I only use them if I find one in a chest. I am that god awful survivor who tries to save a downed survivor and fails everytime. I can never get the accuracy of it right and end up getting a smack for the attempt. I just use them at pallets when the killer breaks them to sneak past them and get a little extra distance away

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I am not that good with flashlights, i personally don't tend to equip them unless I find one in a chest

I can only recall 3 successful flashlight saves in my whole DBD career

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

If I just want to bring an item and don't want anything else my usual go-to is a yellow flashlight with a brown battery. I don't go out of my way to actively follow the killer around or anything but it's not too uncommon that someone goes down near enough to me for me to get a save.

They're fun items to use and a lot of the time actually getting hit with a flashlight save can be easily avoided by the killer anyway.

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49
    edited February 2020

Eh, sometimes it's nice to run a flashlight with dance with me, quick and quiet, urban evasion and lithe. Flashlight blind by a vault and try to find a good spot to hide with your few seconds.

• LaurieMainz
    LaurieMainz Member Posts: 34

Only if I find one.

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425
    edited February 2020

Wait what your adding to your topics from perks to including items. Nice

Also if I find them in a chest but currently I heard flashlights are bug so I dont look for them.

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337

I have a girlfriend so thankfully I don't need to use one.

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392

I just can't aim, and I don't like bringing items because I don't need them and I will always die when using an item. I only bring brown toolboxes for sabotaging dailies.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

Toolboxes and medkits are better so I rarely willingly use a flashlight. Only time I use it is when I pilfer one from a box and decide "Alright, flashlight it is."

• Oso_The_God_7
    Oso_The_God_7 Member Posts: 10

Nope

• Number22
    Number22 Member Posts: 27

I'm terrible with flashlights. I can never aim properly. I never invested the time in learning how to use it, and I don't really like them enough to want to try

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

nah

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

To be honest, I don't use any items, add-ons or even offerings. During a double Bloodpoints event, I'll burn through all of the Party Streamers I have, but otherwise, there's just too many disconnects to where I don't feel comfortable potentially throwing away items. I'd rather just try to open a chest & find something.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

No they don't work for me. I just use Med-Kit as a free-superior self care, when i'm not running Inner Strength.

I rarely even use toolboxes. I never run Maps, or Key's.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Honestly, I try not to use them. If I have one, I'll use it mainly if the killer is camping or tunneling. I try to avoid blinding the killer at pallets and crap like that. If the killer is decent, it is a waste of time anyways. I usually avoid doing things I find annoying when I play killer. Just like I avoid doing things as killer that I find annoying as survivor.

Does me no good though. Killers and survivors are still toxic no matter what. Heck, I changed from Claudette to Feng in a match because I saw there was 4 Clauds. I thought, ugh, I'd be dreading this if I was the killer. My reward? Face camped. lol