Sincerely, killers and survs, do you find it fun to play killer or survivor as is the game?

Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

I will give my opinion, as main killer I am very bored playing killer as is the game now. The games are super boring, you have to slug and you have to have a "bad behavior" to slow down the games, so I can tell you as a Spanish streamer I am not very famous but I have a good Spanish audience and I do not want to reflect bad behaviors to my viewers. Previously when there was ruin, there were some games that were super fast because of some map and balance problems but ... after the nerf of ruin .. I think that hardly anyone wants to play, they are time trial games, for that, sincerely I am currently playing as a survivor and as a survivor. When I play surv I'm always looking for the killer to find some good chases. i dont care die.

I forgot to write down something else about my survivor games, repair (hold M1 + space) seems very boring, which is why I said earlier I am a player that I love the chases with the killer. For me... dead by daylight its the chases NOT the M1 + SPACE.

and you?

Post edited by Th3Nightmare on

Comments

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

No. Sadly no.

I find this game extremely frustrating. It's flawed in so many areas.

I keep coming back out of habit and for my love of horror.

It's a real mess, regrettably.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

It's kinda hit and miss for me at times. I'll try play for just some fun, mess around with builds, test some perk synergys as both sides. But, you always seem to get the mega tryhard players that just make it near impossible to even enjoy a match without making you need to shoot adrenaline to keep up with them!

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I have no problem with playing competitively, so killer is still pretty fun. Survivor is very meh, but my swf buddies cheer me up a lot.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

killer:

imo its very fun. its stressfull, but i like the concept and ill stick with it even though it can be frustrating at times.

and as someone who played back in the "dark times", i can say that its been worse xD

survivor:

no.

i dislike the gameplay, thats all.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

stopped playing it, after 2 years of playing it the recent changes have ruined it, neither side is fun, ranks are so f`d up i feel like im trying to carry rank 20`s against a rank 1 or games go to fast and de-pip, killer most the time is stressful and im forced to play a way i dont enjoy so ill wait till they fix ranks and balance for high level play

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49

Exactly.

I didn't run ruin that often anyways, so this hasn't changed my gameplay at all. Red rank survivors with meta perks and purple items with red add ons? The meta perks and add ons aren't even as strong as they used to be. RIP 4 BNP toolboxes.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Depends on a lot of things.

As survivor, I enjoy the game if I get decent teammates, don't get facecamped or tunnelled off hook.

As killer, I still enjoy the game if survivors don't bring keys, 4 toolboxes and stuff like that. Survivors constantly running to the god loops also make the game pretty annoying but overall, it's enjoyable for the most part.

• Pok
    Pok Member Posts: 100

As a survivor, it's ok. I don't want to spend ages discussing balance, I die more often that I escape but whatever I can still have fun

As a killer, absolutely not. Every game is PAIN. Since I got passed the rank 10 (currently rank 8), I always have 2-3 red ranks survivors against me and I can't chase them. But since I'm dumb, I keep trying, and manage to get the poor green/purple rank mixed with them, and somehow black pip enough to stay in this hell. Once again I don't care about balance discussion here, I am not a top killer, and I will probably never be so high level meta is beyond me. I just want to play with people my level...

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

For killer yes, if you're playing against potato survivors who can't commit to gens and let teammates go into 2nd phase before rescuing. When going against good survivors who make zero mistakes at loops and avoid chases at all costs to get gens done asap, no, unless you're a masochist.

For survivor yes, if you have good teammates who can do gens and not crouch walk everywhere. When you're stuck with potato teammates who can't commit to gens, wait until you're almost dead on hook to go for the save or farm you 5 seconds after being hooked, no. Basically if you have these teammates, especially in red ranks, you're going to have bad time:

2 or 3 man SWF who screw around and cost you the game.

2 or 3 man SWF who brought in boosted green and yellow ranks and didn't take the time or just didn't have the common decency to teach em how to play the game before dragging them to red ranks.

Red rank survivors who are in red ranks because of how stupidly easy it is to get to red ranks. All they did was just hold M1 every game and rarely engaged in chases and played immersed, and when they did get chase, they lasted because they went against potato killers. Either that or they got boosted to red ranks by their SWF crutch and now on their own, can't hack it against a basic M1 killer.

Sandbaggers and people who work with the killer

Entitled DC'ing brats who should uninstall and go play civilization

Obviously I'm a survivor main but I don't even want to imagine how much more painful it is for killers. All of my complaints are miniscule to what killers face.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

I've always found the gameplay of killer pretty boring and survivor is still quite fun always like to mix up perks or do a challenge etc