Anybody have any tips?

I just got to rank 3 Oni and I'm finding my games are going like this. I find a survivor, hook them, go off and look for new survivors and the person is unhooked before I even make it 10 feet away. I genuinely hate tunneling survivors but it seems like it's the only way at red ranks to ensure I get atleast a kill. Does anybody have any perk suggestions or play style suggestions so I could possibly do better without feeling like a dick?

Comments

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited February 2020

First and foremost, try and build your power before you down someone so that you can get your power. Then, when you down them, you want to have Infectious Fright, so that you can immediately leave that person slugged and apply pressure to the people around you. If no one is around, you could probably go check gens with your power activated, or you could just hook that person and walk around. I'd suggest the former. By doing this you create a lot of pressure and even the possibility to wipe a team out that isn't cautious immediately. Beyond that, it also creates a situation where a lot of people are injured and you're gonna have pleeeenty of blood orbs to succ.

• dbizzle
    dbizzle Member Posts: 96

dont play oni. play pig and then tunnel them when they remove the trap

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Dark Devotion can come in extremely handy with Oni. Slug the obsession, then activate power if someone screamed nearby with Infectious Fright. Don't dash, but walk, with the zero TR, you can insta-down without charging toward them. Doesn't always work, but it's a good way to catch them off guard if they don't hear your footsteps or see you coming.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

First of all, you are the killer. You can camp you can tunnel. No made-up rules. You are literally a murderer. Do they play by some rules?

Secondly, I suggest running bq and chilli, if you see 3 people's auras, you're free to go. If you see less,I suggest searching the area for the other survivors.

If you want it have 1000000000 iq you can just insidious camp and m1 with your power as oni.

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49

You can always mad dash away from the hook with devour hope and make your choice.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

You don't have to instantly go to the other side of the map from a hooked player. Look around the area for any hiding survivors, use BBQ. Don't tunnel if it means going out your way to target someone for no reason but if they're playing stupid and you see them again feel free to go for them.