Killer mains - are challenges ruining the game for you too?

I just had a game where both of my hooks were because of one person trying to do their challenges. Do you find that the challenges are just absolutely ruining the game or is it better on the killer side of things? I honestly can't stand it anymore and think I'm going to be done with DBD after I finish this Rift.

Comments

• Cronk
    Cronk Member Posts: 283

Ruin on both sides

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

I don’t see it as totally catastrophic. Yes, some can be annoying, but some play in my favor as a killer. Sometimes gens don’t get done as quickly due to challenges, which just helps me.

On the flip side, though... that damn hook breaking challenge.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Yeah it seems to me like some of the challenges help the killers a lot, to be honest. I didn't even realize there was a hook breaking challenge but that explains a lot of my teammates tonight and why so much time was going by with no gens getting done. I should have known.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Nah, as killer the survivor challenges usually help unless everyone's doing a smash gens or escape one. As survivor it's horrible, saving your teammates who then let you die on 2nd or even 1st hook while they sabo, cleanse totems and open chests is pretty grim.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    edited February 2020

The challenges are fun on both sides. Though, I feel bad for the team mates I had when I did the No Mither challenge...I cheesed the crap out of that challenge. For the rancor challenge, I just made them think I was farming all game...just to pull the old double cross at the end. ;)

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Not ruining my games at all, on both the survivor and killer side of things.

Specially since the challenges now are more related to actual gameplay instead of disturbing 25 crows. :p

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

I would even be willing to help survivors with challenges, but there is one big problem for me in the room:

... I don't know the most survivor challenges and so... I usually don't do them with them.

Personally I wish killers would get a "yes", "no" and "challenges" hand sign animation, while survivors getting the same. So... on this way dump killers like me would at least check whats going on for my eyes :).

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I haven't noticed as a killer, unless that is why I'm running into so many potatoes.

As survivor it is reason I wont play solo anymore. I play to survive not watch you sabotage 3 hooks than suicide on therir first hook.

No I'll wait for my friends and play some killer.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Nah, but then again me and my usual SWF play normally whyle doing them so...

Also, I play normally as killer to get the challenge done

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Not really. These challenges have been far less obnoxious then the first tome.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

OMG THATS WHY THAT ASS LAST NIGHT LET ME GO SECOND STAGE HOOKED WHILE SHE FINISHED HALF A GENERATOR RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!!

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49

When the flashlight save one came up last tome I got a pretty hearty chuckle out of all the potatoes trying to get my goat. Free hooks really.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Seeing a lot more people going into Struggle lately. Kinda sucks, because you lose out on those points for the hook event. Still have a lot of people playing Sabo builds too. Not sure if there's another sabo challenge, as I haven't even looked at Survivor yet, but there seems to be a lot more people running sabo + toolboxes and clearing my hooks.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Yep. That and match-making.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

As killer, if I notice survivors doing challenges, I let them or try help. Such as Janes Head-On. I always know they have it since a Jane makes sure I see them fly into a locker. I also had a few Davids doing No Mither, which again, I let them leave because I know how bad that challenge was. Honestly, it resulted in a fantastic few games. Everyone was happy and we all had a good time. But, once those non-challenge survivors arrive, the fun ends.