Should DS work in lockers?

Options

I personally don’t feel it should. Survivors have complete immunity when jumping in a locker of it’s activated. Sure, a killer could wait it out and grab them, but that’s a huge waste of time.

But what do you guys think?

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

I feel it should deactivate. Too many survivors are cocky with it and bait a killer to grab them, knowing they've got that 60 second immunity. I've had survivors who have done it just because I was chasing their friends nearby. I think the locker thing is why DS is looked upon negativtly because survivors like to abuse it for the kicks.

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280
    Options

They technically aren't invincible. You can slug them and wait it out. I do feel DS is too strong though. If one person has DS then it is assumed the whole team has DS.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428
    Options

If if doesn't work in lockers, you just tunnel and slug them. The perk is designed to tell you to LEAVE THEM ALONE for a minute after they get unhooked, not just find a new method to tunnel them.

If you want to make a case for it turning off for working on a gen, hex totem, or unhook, I can get behind that. They are actively choosing to make themselves a target then. But hiding in a locker to avoid the slug or healing should absolutely be protected still.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

I think locker DS is pretty cheap. Vault DS isn't. You can avoid that if you choose to.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    edited February 2020
    Options

I think it should. The reason why you find a person with DS in a locker is:

1. You tunnel them so they hid in a locker
    2. You found them randomly so they hid in a locker
    3. You found them doing an objective so they hid in a locker

So in first case they have 100% right to DS, in second its kind of their fault but depends on a situation, and in third case they shouldnt be able to DS.

Hiding in a locker with DS is not the problem, what matters is why the DS was active in the first place.

So I think we should fix DS' activation/deactivation conditions, lockers have nothing to do with this.

• Archimedes5000
    edited February 2020
    Options

Please stop pretending that not tunneling prevents usage of DS.

In 60s Killer can down and hook even 3 other surviviors and then find the guy with DS, and in 60s survivior with DS can get fully healed, finish a 50% gen alone and then get caught in a Bear Trap...

Tunneling or not has nothing to do with DS, it gives you 60 seconds of unconditional immunity to being picked up. Paired with Unbreakable it turns into complete immunity for 60s

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

DS should at least not last as long in lockers. Immunity is ridiculous.

• Archimedes5000
    Options

You can slug them if they dont have Unbreakable. And Unbreakable is meta perk, only a bit less popular than the Holy Survivanian Quintinity (Selfcare, DS, BT, SB, DH)

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

I like that title! “Holy Survivanian Quintinity” - it has a nice ring to it.

• Feyd
    Options

I never get hit with DS. What're you doing wrong? Did you forget that you already hooked that guy just a moment ago? Then you deserve the stun. Learn to count. Count out the timer if the game is going *SO WELL* that you just dropped the whole team in less than a minute.

If you pick up the DS then to hook, you deserve it and you'll get no sympathy from me. If he's in a locker and you already have the entire team hooked... Just wait it out.

If you'd like to lose a scenario where you get DS'd, I'll happily tell you how to play better an not get hit by it. The perk is only a problem for those who make it one.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

They all say the same thing, these ones. Over and over. Best not to engage.

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377
    Options

DS should NOT work on grabs, only when you are downed.

DS in lockers is 60 seconds of invincibility, very unfair

• Archimedes5000
    Options

Now you shift your narrative from "just dont tunnel" to "just ignore the guy whatever happens", but ok

The guy with DS can do gens non stop for 60 seconds, do you think Killer can afford to ignore that? Sluggingbis not always an option, and as I said, at this point you have always assume Unbreakable.

No one here has a problem with remembering who was unhooked, the tragedy here is that you know he is genrushing you but you cant do anything about it.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

When DS first got changed I thought no it shouldn't and that it was ridiculous.

Now though? It seems justified.

The bad killers ruin it for everyone else. Some people tunnel mercilessly. It serves them right.

• Ohnoes
    Options

So what if they got unbreakable? Just hit them again. Worst case they run away. Either way that's a person that isn't doing totems or generators.

• Feyd
    Options

Because he can get up... Once per game? I already said I'm cool with a nerf that it turns off when touching a gen, hex totem, or unhooking as those are directly in the survivors control and make him a target.

The point is to give them a chance to recover and try to do something. If they work on a gen or unhook in your face, absolutely they should lose the immunity. Hell, I'd be okay with DS granting literal immunity until one of those conditions are met or 60 seconds elapse.

• Archimedes5000
    Options

No one picks themselves in your face, you know...

"One person less doing generators"? DS is all the more reason to do gens, if the killer finds you, just go into a locker.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    Options

DS shouldn't work with locker grabs. The point of the perk is to deter tunneling not to make you invicible for 60 seconds. Slugging is a valid counter for DS, take Unbreakable if your worried about being slugged. The point is the killer should not be put in a position where they have to drop a chase because a survivor jumped in a locker right in front of them.

• Ohnoes
    Options

Way to completely misread the comment about unbreakable. If a person is slugged no they aren't on a generator. If they use unbreakable? Again, keep an eye on them and that wouldn't be an issue. Worst case they get up. Best case another guy tries to pick him up and gets caught too. I really like how you also say 'just go to a locker' when I just said in a different comment that's something that should be fixed. It's the one time that DS is problematic and unavoidable.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302
    Options

No, it shouldn't.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317
    Options

DS should be deactivated if they heal, do a gen, any objective or do anything. It sucks to have that happen, they can do anything they want for a good minute without anything happening to them.

• Archimedes5000
    edited February 2020
    Options

Well ok, but why the person with DS should be allowed to be a threat and force killer to slug anyway? If DS disabled after you start any action (except vaulting) then there would be no problem.

Sorry for not reading your every comment, but I think DS on locker grabs is fine enough. That is if the change I mentioned above would be applied.

The source of bullshit with DS is surviviors ignoring threat of the killer and doing objectives under the protection of DS, not hiding in lockers.

• Ohnoes
    edited February 2020
    Options

They aren't forcing you to do anything. You have the option to just eat the DS and carry them off anyways. You're making the conscious choice to either slug them or eat it. Locker grabs is a forced decision. You can either leave a healthy/injured survivor in the locker or you eat it. That's a terrible design esp. when if they wanted to hide in a locker they could have head on too.

• Archimedes5000
    edited February 2020
    Options

I said all this because they said DS is fine because you can just slug...

If you couldnt do objectives while DS is active, then I couldnt care less about unhooked person, unless I already downed the rescuer. I wouldnt even slug them, I would just patrol gens and pressure them instead of chasing useless people.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited February 2020
    Options

It should not work on any grab, especially lockers. Lockers are becoming way too safe these days. It should be dangerous to enter one. Running DS means that you can enter a locker without fear of being hooked. It's also BS to find a Survivor in a locker only to realize that they have DS active.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options
  • Archimedes5000
    Options

I dont understand why DS should be active if you are working on objectives. You are not getting tunneled anymore so it shouldnt work. I couldnt care less about a useless guy with DS, in a locker or not.

DS from locker is kind of bullshit, but if I am really tunneling someone then every cheap move is fair play. Just make DS work only when tunneled.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    Options

May be unpopular but I definitely think it should. It prevents you from getting slugged and the killer timing it to avoid DS. Sometimes I get killers who like to stand on my body and literally wait. It’s boring for me. Yeah, my teammates get extra time on gens but where’s my fun ;-; . I feel like DS should just work differently. Having DS activate until another person is hooked seems like a pretty sufficient method to me, easily counter-able by simply playing the game!

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,509
    edited February 2020
    Options

DS shouldn't work in a lot of scenarios that it currently does, grabs like lockers included.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

I'm Mike myers

I hook a survivors and notice someone running straight at me. So I stalk

I hit once 5feet from the hook and they go for the save.

3rd survivor runs, I tap stalk activating T3

And down the 3rd running after the second I down him as well.

I hook second, then I turn to walk to 3rd and who do you know its 1st hook right at me. I down him leaving him there to hook 3rd

Stil no sign of 4th. So pick up 1st again and DS hits.im stunned He saves 3rd

Angry I hit 1st but now he has borrowed time.

They save second together just as 4th pops the last gen.

I down one of them and pick them up hoping to get a single kill that match for all my effort its 3rd he DS while they open the gate

They all walk out. After many tbags Gg ez killer lol

I never stopped hitting, downing, hooking for even a second once it all started. I even juggled pretty hard like I'm suppose to and not tunneled...

Honestly DS needs to turn off when I hook someone else

• zaquintar
    zaquintar Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2020
    Options

It should deactivate as soon as you do anything other than run, walk, crouch, throw a pallet or vault. If you have time to get into a locker, you should rely on head on instead.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I think that if a survivor hides in a locker, they should be vulnerable if they don't have Head On.

I also think that if you have enough time to get on a gen, fully heal, or heal someone else, then you are not being tunneled, and DS should deactivate.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Turn it off when they get grab. Make DS actually have some risk.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

The problem with it though is that the killer should be able to slug you. Slugging you is a form of slowing the game down with pressure without actually killing you in an unfair manor where you can't stop it. Being slugged off the hook sucks for sure, but so does an unhooked survivor instantly getting on a gen and knowing you can't stop them because they just hop in a locker.

• Kurosuji
    Kurosuji Member Posts: 27
    Options

Either way you're going to have to wait ds out so whatever you do it's wasting time.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

I actually agree, this will kill the "oh, I just got unhooked,let me run towards the killer and hide in a locker" strats.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

And you think DS is effective? It only works once yet you can be tunneled twice in a match. Idk I just almost never run into an issue with decisive strike. However, I wish it truly address the issue of tunneling. And it currently does not.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    Options

They can still slug you- slug until they hook the next person and come back for you. It requires more skill than downing you, proxy camping you and waiting 60 seconds to pick you up.