If ruin was reverted would you go back to using it ?

Options

So let’s say a special scenario where ruin was reverted, for me probably not here’s why because of the ruin nerf I had to adapt and I really couldn’t until a started playing nurse... I got help from a fellow nurse main in the PS4 community about a month ago and I can say the fruits of my hard work are paying off. As much as I hate to say the ruin nerf has helped me become a better killer but I’m afraid about the ones can’t adapt. Would you go back to using ruin if it was reverted ?

Comments

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674
    Options

Same here about becoming a better killer, before the nerf i'd always rely on ruin and rarely abandon a chase to go back to patrolling generators, now i have to be smarter when it comes to decision making but i'm okay with that, i thought it'd have been worse but i managed to adapt.

Good survivors didn't care about the perk and you'd beat bad survivors without the perk anyway, it also gets destroyed in the first minute. Wouldn't use again.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    Options

Yes I would. It was a meta perk, it was used in 80% of matches. I would assume that 80% of players would use it if they restored it to a useful perk. It is a very useful tool in slowing the game down. Now its gen rush city.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited February 2020
    Options

Personally, I don't struggle with gens very much. I feel even more confident now that I don't use Ruin.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I’d use it on Huntress.

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179
    Options

I prefer new ruin because now it has a dank synergy with Surveillance as long as BHVR doesn't ruin that too.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Ruin allowed for more versatility without getting stomped on. Unless you're capable of doing the same stuff over and over again without getting bored, I'd assume most would use it on the majority of killers.

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178
    Options

Yes

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Probably not since I never really used it before the nerf.

• Mrjuice
    Mrjuice Member Posts: 94
    Options

No cause literally all hex totems are just boring and unfun

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I guess, but very begrudgingly.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

Agreed. It had a punitive effect on skill checks, which did slow the game slightly. Not everyone is A1 killer, so as long as the totem last, it was kinda helpful..

• JarMa13
    JarMa13 Member Posts: 40
    Options

actually the new ruin is awesome.

the old ruin was awesome but it needed a time limit for the occasional match where it just couldn't be found...Solution?

Reinstate the old hex ruin with a time limit. When the totem is cleansed, another totem is ignited and it changes to the new ruin.

if the new totem is cleansed, it's over.

if there is no extra totem when the 1st hex totem is cleansed, a new one is created... making a 6th totem.

when EGC starts, this totem CAN BE COME NOED

• BarneyRooster18
    BarneyRooster18 Member Posts: 20
    Options

Unless the devs makes gen times slower I probably would. Sovthat I can play even low mobility killers and have a chance ti win.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

Going back to it would assume I really used it in the first place. I only ever had it equipped on Hag, and I honestly think that was more of a hindrance than anything else, since I also ran Devour Hope.

Facts are facts. Ruin needed a nerf. Maybe what happened was a bit much, but it was needed. If you can't play without Ruin, maybe you just aren't as good of a Killer as you thought you were (Coming from someone with all Killers at least level 30 with roughly 94% of those levels earned as those Killers).

• NoMitherPlayer
    NoMitherPlayer Member Posts: 174
    Options

Killer became more of a competitive mode than ever now. Fun is out. Keep doing your thing and when you will be ready you will play more seriously ^^

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241
    Options

I wouldn't, I've been playing better without it than I ever did with it. It was a psychological hindrance to my gameplay if it was taken out super early, now I don't worry about it and I mentally am in most games for longer.

I would like new ruin to be buffed slightly though, even if at a minimum each tier's regression was upped by 50% I think it would be better.

• Nakedwildman
    Nakedwildman Member Posts: 198
    Options

"I never ate Spaghetti before, but i would recoomend you the Meat"

Like dafuq? If you never played it, how are you able to evaluate something you never played with?

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    Options

Old ruin wasn't good in the first place.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

yes and no. i used it on certain killers (like hag and trapper) so i could actually have time to arm my traps, but i didnt use it on anyone else as i found Corrupt intervention to be much more useful.

• LuzielErebus
    LuzielErebus Member Posts: 5
    Options

The problem is not the absence of ruin. Hex; Ruin, it was used so much to fix a structural problem that the game has. The fact that without having experience as a Survivor, or objects, or knowing how to play, it was easy to make all the Generators. If you also know how to play a lot, and you have experience, the pace at which a game can end is absurd.

For that reason 90% of the games were used "ruin". Using Ruina again as it was before is not fixing the sad situation of Meta.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

Only on lower-tier M1 killers.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

I use it more now than I did before. When I started playing survivor more, I realized how bs it was. I wish it still provided the same utility without the frustration, but I also like the effect it has now. I no longer need to pick between kicking the gen and chasing the survivor.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I'd probably use it less than now.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

I didn't like eating the old pasta, and I think the new one is better and takes more ability to digest, is it that hard to understand?

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458
    edited February 2020
    Options

Probably not. I stopped using it after the nerf and, while more gens may be getting done in a match now, I'm not doing too bad and really enjoying having an extra perk slot to use now!

Not to mention, it usually got cleansed right at the beginning of my match so it was like I wasn't using it anyway!

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

I'd use it to have fun again

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Depends on the killer I'm using but most likely yes. My trapper or hag, no. They make better use of intervention. Everyone else, yes. Especially my Ghost Face, My nurse, if I was better, she wouldn't need it. But I'm not a god nurse so I could use old ruin.

• Gamer29
    Gamer29 Member Posts: 26
    Options
  • pizzaDragonite
    pizzaDragonite Member Posts: 8
    Options

what rank are you, because at red ranks, gens fly by.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

Yes but as before id only use it on killers that im not good with or are not viable and cant put a lot of pressure onto the survivors.

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674
    Options

I play survivor more but still managed to adapt while ur still crying and probably can‘t get kills without camping/tunneling, NOED and moris like most garbage killers 😂

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736
    Options

Just because a killer uses noed doesn’t mean they are garbage lol

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

When I am trying to learn a new killer sure. Otherwise probably not. I find pop to be sufficient and more reliable.

• findmeready88
    findmeready88 Member Posts: 7
    Options

As a survivor having to deal with ruin, i think the the old ruin was harder to get past. I mean you had to get great skill checks to have progression. Good skill checks stopped progression. As soon as i seen that red skill check I was off the gen looking for the hex. That in-turn made the game slow down unless someone found it fast. Searching for the hex allowed the killers to search for us and most of the time i felt like it help the killers a lot. I absolutely did not like the old ruin as a survivor. But yeah once that hex was gone we could bust out gens fast.

I don't even worry about ruin now. Its pretty easy to jump on a gen and stick it out if someone is a chase. It seems like for ruin to work in the killers favor they would need a smaller map, camping gens, and not getting into long chases. The nerf to ruin made it easier for survivors to complete gens without question.

• evilnuts
    evilnuts Member Posts: 12
    Options

I would go back in use it...it could be just me. But 1 chance in a big map n 3 gens pop is no fun. Old ruin even just haveing a good skill check mark would slow down a bit. N now ruin is really use less. Been matchs where teams dont even touch it. Good survivors would still kick butt when old ruin was up....what you think they do now. Killers can get better yes...with potatoes.

• madsweeney84
    madsweeney84 Member Posts: 31
    Options

No, because I use non meta builds.

• RussianSpyPigeon
    RussianSpyPigeon Member Posts: 83
    Options

No, I wouldn't. When it got nerfed, I was expecting to be genrushed very match, but that wasn't the case. I still get 3-4 kills pretty much all the time without ruin. If a survivor takes up to much of my time, I'll just ignore them and go back to patrolling generators.

• Skywclu
    Skywclu Member Posts: 43
    Options

Well I just wish they made it to where once it's destroyed kicking a gen would have the same regression effect as when it was up.

• demodude
    demodude Member Posts: 9
    Options

I wouldn't use it. I'm rank 6 and I wouldnt win or lose more games. I need my 4th perk

• Malik1178
    Malik1178 Member Posts: 34
    Options

Honestly i never used ruin unless i was going up against a super tryhard team which was kinda frequent considering i am at red ranks. It also depended on what killer i was using such as clown,prerework freddy, hag, ect. If i was using a higher tier killer such as billy or nurse then i would swap ruin out with another fun perk.

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369
    Options

yes? i like my killer games less stressfull

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264
    Options

actually not, ruin used to stay up no more than 3 mins (much often even less), I find much better to use CI to have a bit more control in the early game.

That doesnt mean I think changing it was a good idea, it s very clear how that choice increased camping and tunneling and that made the game experience generally more toxic.

Not to.mention that I really miss the challenge,now as a survivor everything is more easy

• DrunkenXSMonkey8456
    Options

You'd go back to using it cause its meta? lmao. There are other killer perks that are just as good if not better than old ruin and work all game. Pgtw is amazing if survivors sit on a single gen and just commit suicide for you. And overall really good for destroying survivor momentum combined with overcharge and maybe lullaby just for extra skill check chaos (and the combined skill check fail penalty) making a survivor loss 12% of the gens progress just from failing a overcharge skill check. Combined with Pgtw that's 40% of the gen gone in a single go. Unless the survivor is so pro he never fails a skill check. But if that's the case you've lost anyway. Rui just put too many eggs in one basket. Very powerful but your 3 perking the rest of the match when it drops after like 30 seconds.

As a survivor I actually find new ruin more annoying than old ruin as survivor as killers patrolling around can drive you off and force it to regress quite alot. Ad saves killers time since he doesn't need to bash the gen. Also, consider the synergy with surveillance? Since all gens that aren't worked on regress.