The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Camping/Tunneling Are Not An Issue

NullEXE
NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Because both are easy to counter by good players.

If the killer is camping - finish gens and leave they only get 1 kill and depip.

If the killer is tunneling - safe loop him and leave. The killer gets no kill and depip.

Good Killers know these strategies don't work, good survivors know how easy they are to counter.

The devs have pandered you enough for playing bad, now its time for you to get good at the game or move on.

Comments

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Well... often when facing swf with OoO you just have to tunnel, OoO gives too much info for survivors... but thats rather an issue with a perk than anything else.

• ThisLadyRightHere
    ThisLadyRightHere Member Posts: 195

Gets rotten field

first one found, get caught, camped

teammates: we’ll punish killer by doing gens

camped survivors gets saved after going into struggling

killer tunnels , survivors goes down because there’s no pallets in the entire middle of rotten field (BUT REMEMBER GUYS GIT GUD. Even though there’s nothing to work with)

killer gets ds, 5 sec stun, chase continues.

survivor is down gets hooked DIES

final gen pop

killer has NOED , killer starts to slug and camp the gates that are literally on the same wall.

camping and tunneling is totally fine don’t think about the RNG IN THIS GAME.

insert kappa emoji here.

• NullEXE
    edited February 2020

There are 3 infinites on the map, and safe loops around the whole outside of the map. Its also a very large map that takes most killers a lot of time to get across. Not to mention the great ability you have to break line of sight in the corn field, which is another thing that requires skill.

Sorry that you restrict your development in the game by accusing killer, or other survivors for your own mistakes. I believe you can learn map layout to become a better player.

Rotten Fields is a map with the third least anount of totem spawns - all easily remembered, if the killer does (which they rarely should) get NOED that - again - is another mistake made by survivors for giving it to them.

• scrubbingdishes
    scrubbingdishes Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2020

It’s not really that it’s an issue but rather that it’s boring for both sides. As the survivor being focused you get to do nothing once you’re on that hook for the entire game or you’re sometimes blessed with the sight of watching your team fall one by one as they all rush in for the save. The point of killer is to travel the map and apply pressure to all the survivors you possibly can, therefore potentially increasing your amount of kills and actually experiencing a challenge. By the time that survivor dies on hook it’s basically a GG.

It’s definitely not the playstyle I go for on killer unless it’s a Nea who t-bags at every pallet on the map but yeah.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Actually... no. Because when you're camping even if everyone manages to survive and "the killer don't pip" there is a single survivor who had an awful experience. And BT/DS shouldn't exist as a bandaid for killer's behaviour.

Safe loop him and leave? It will be a good strategy in red ranks where everyone focus on gens to leave or SWF when you know what your teammates are doing , but not for solos in green/ yellow ranks where the match can last 20 mins or more because no one is touching gens.

• NullEXE

The Killlers fun matters too.

You should encourage players to get better to some extent. Not spoon feed them. Spoon feeding leads to entitlement, and entitlement leads to toxic communitys - which is actually the current problem with the game.

• ThisLadyRightHere
    ThisLadyRightHere Member Posts: 195
    edited February 2020
    1. Infinites don’t exist. 2. Not everyone is a BLENDETTE blending/ hiding into the corn. 3. “Rotten fields have the least amount of totem spawn.” It’s still randomly generated in different spots regardless if its the same map. 4. Majority of killer are using NOED because they are still crying over their ruin nerf lol.

Oh my bad, I guess I should’ve been more direct.

I’m sorry you suck at the game that you think camping and tunneling every single game is ok, fun, not an issue with ruining one survivor gaming experience.

SORRY YOU RESTRICTED YOUR DEVELOPMENT IN THIS GAME AS A KILLER BY TELLING SURVIVORS TO JUST GIT GUD INSTEAD OF ADMIT YOUR MISTAKES AS A KILLER AS WELL.

RNG DOES EXIST BUT I GUESS YOU FORGOT.

insert kappa emoji here.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

It's a pretty boring experience, no? Not to mention your proposed counter to tunneling is the classic "don't go down 4head"

• NullEXE

Oh look at her tremble. I think she's gonna burst a blood vessel because I called them out for not learning the biggest survivor sided map.

Listen darling, if you think Rotten Fields is a good example to combat this kind of thread you have a long way to go before your opinion has merit.

1. Ifinites do exist, only some needed balanced landing.
    2. Not everyone has to be blendette - good players don't need to be, thats what breaking line of sight means.
    3. Randomly generated or not, its randomly generated for 5 totems to spawn in the same places - still easy to find/remember totems placements and all 5 totems being gone in the first 2 minutes of a game is nothing new for good players.
    4. No good player actually uses NOED its a useless perk, and only works against bad survivors - that don't cleanse totems, or simply escape when they have already won.

^ Thats how you make a numeral list.

Also your response is further proof that not only am I better at Killer than you, but also Survivor. So yeah. As they say "Git Gud" 🔥

• NullEXE

Yeah it is boring, and doesn't work. Which is why only bad killers do it and worse survivors fall for it.

The counter to tunneling is being good at looping and escaping. Not just "don't go down 4head" thats the reward for being good at escaping.

• Saitamfed

I never said "killer's fun doesn't matter".

Learning and get better has a lot to do with camping/tunneling. Whether patrolling the hooked survivor area is not camping and it's a good strategy, facecamping bubba it's not a good strategy or at least not a fun one. And excuse me, but there are a lot of campers who are entitled as well. Don't missunderstand me, if it's the toxic one that have been bothering you I think it's fair. But being in a hook simulator for 2 mins straight is not fun, and facecamping for 2 mins straight is not fun either.

• Saitamfed