The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Grind is TOO much

I really feel like the grind in this game is too much. I literally have 2200 hours in the game and I still am barely p3 maxing my characters. I dont have any p3'd survivors but I have like 12 max p3 killers with all perks i've been working on recently

the grind is just too big, even when i'm level 50 it takes like..2-3-4 million even being ALREADY at level 50 just to get all the perks

There are too many perks in this game right now, and I believe at some point in time we either need to have a cut down on the blood web, or yet the most simple solution REMOVING PERK TIERS

This would not only vastly reduce the grind, it would also help the devs bc they don't need to keep up with all these different perk tiers imo. I'm dumping so many points into one killer for like a WEEK straight and can't even max them out. To me that just feels ridiculous. That's with stacking survivor puddings and 4 stacks of bbq it's just insane to me

Comments

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348
    edited February 2020

That's why I came into the game not wanting to P3 even though some of them are really well done on some killers/survivors. Only reason I P3 my Dwight was for the trophies.

I got all of the perks on Spirit, Freddy, Legion, Dwight, Nea Devotion 4

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

I have only P3'd my mains. Bill and Wraith. I've P1'd a few killers to get the bloody weapons, but that's about it. Everyone else is non prestige, with cosmetics, full perks.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

The grind is ok tbh.

4-6 hours of gameplay with offerings will get you a million BP easily unless u just have poor game sense.

Rinse and repeat and you can P3 a character in less than a week... there arent many so the devs are not gonna ease up on the grind on them just yet imo.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

Never really thought about it because it didn't mean that much to me. I go for the teachable perks on each killer and survivor. P3 Billy and Dweet. The rest can go to hell.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Ignore prestige. I have played the game for 5 months (play a lot) and have all killers at lvl 50 and seven of them have all killers perks at max. All survivors are at lvl 40 except my main Jeff (lvl 50) who has all survivor perks at max and lots of addons stocked up, so I don't need to spend BPs on anything regarding survivor anymore. Only get bloodpoints for killer addons but I have a lot so mostly I don't know what to to with the BPs I get.

To spend so much BPs to get blood on their clothes is a bit..crazy?

• Biggs
    Biggs Member Posts: 286

yeah prestige is literally pointless.. yaaaayyy skin who cares... currently i have every perks and every builds on killer as well on survivor and honestly i have no idea what should I do now.. so im just buying iwth them useless killer perks for rest of the killers which im never gonna use - almost 90 % of perks:D

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

Agreed. The grind takes an inconceivable amount of time. And that's just for killer OR survivor, not both.

• shepsbot
    shepsbot Member Posts: 1

Ehhh not really I was able to go from never played Dwight In my life to getting him p3 level 50 all within a double blood point weekend. Just Gottga play it right.

• Neverseemetwice
    Neverseemetwice Member Posts: 1

What if they added a system where after you buy a perk you can the level it individually in load out instead of going through countless bloodwebs

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

Yep. It takes 1,500,000 bloodpoints on average per prestige, so that makes it just 4,500,000 bloodpoints just for prestige 3. Then it's 1,500,000 more bloodpoints for level 50 again, and around 2 to 3 million more for the rest of the perks.

That's ~6,000,000 to ~7,000,000 bloodpoints per P3, maxed character. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497

And then theres no cross progression so my maxed out stuff on ps4 i have to redo like thousands of hours on pc and switch to get back? Yeah no thanks its why im not buying switch and pc version was a gift and i dont even play it much.

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328

Agreed. But I doubt they will do anything about it, tbh.

• BiffTannen
    BiffTannen Member Posts: 6

Well, I just do the grind to get a lot of items on characters who I want to prestige 3 with max perks. Not everyone but just the ones I enjoy with a bunch of items and offerings I want on them. It is a long grind but at least it's shorter to progress now since you can get two perks at higher levels instead of just one per bloodweb.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Prestige is totally unnecessary if you don't grind enough. If at all, just prestige your main survivor, that's all. Especially for killers, I would recommend to not prestige them and just get all the perks per killer.

Prestige is a relict from the first year where you had no cosmetics and just 4-5 killers. There is really no reason to reset your progress

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,190

I feel like the grind is ppintless outside of prestiging. Why should I have to unlock every perk on every character, especially when those characters are just skins, in the case of survivors? When I already have a perk on 10 killers, why do I have to spend dozens of hours grinding BP to MAYBE get that same perk on another killer? Honestly, what's the point? We don't stop playing when we're able to use the builds we want. We just play with those builds.

• Magician
    Magician Member Posts: 75

I have been begging for a solution to the grind. I don't buy dlc because of it and have a hard time taking the game seriously any more. They just don't seem to care.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

The grind pretty gross, especially for new players. I've had a lot of friends quit this game within an hour or two once they realized the amount they would have to grind to get baseline decent perks on ONE survivor.

• Magician
    Magician Member Posts: 75

It is a f2p format despite being paid for. A brand new player has no real chance. Avg bps per game will be 30k if even, or you can hardcore grind which makes the game dull. It is just too much. The system was meant for the game as it was like 4 years ago.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

The grind is awful, and scares away a lot of potential players because it is so random and voluminous. It's easy for you to say "it's fine" when you're all-in, but it's a huge roadblock for new players.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited May 2020

Same. I've had several friends/family people try DbD on free weekends. And they enjoyed the game play, were ready to buy, then realized the grind involved.

They walked away and did not buy. They don't mind grinds. Hell, they've played a lot of MMOs over the decades. But they looked at the DbD grind and basically said: No thanks.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I was hoping they’d address the grind in their anniversary stream but I guess not. Good luck to the new players brought in by Silent Hill.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

They don't see a problem with it, because they only solicit meaningful feedback from a few high-level players who don't reflect any kind of ground-level normalcy.

There's no real perspective on game health inside of Behaviour, at least not as far as their actions indicate. The cross-play announcement yesterday is a big step forward, but it should not have happened this long into the game's life span.