Just had 3 people DC in one match...

Options
kazakun
kazakun Member Posts: 581
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

I really don't get it. Was playing a level 5 Wraith with two garbage perks. One DC'd probably a good 10 mins in,so I don't think it was afk. The second DC'd the first time I hooked him. The third guy died on the hook.

The last guy made me pretty mad tbh. He made no attempt to escape or use the hatch. I had really no way of finding him with my perks. I'm like, dude is completely wasting my time,but I want my points lol.

I think he maybe wanted to farm,or at least have me chase him,but he didn't seem very good so idk. I downed him,and thought about just letting him bleed out since he wanted to waste my time. But I try to be a decent player. The second I hooked him...DC.

I wasn't tunneling or camping at all. I'm not even very good. Was only using Wraith to do a Ritual. I've never seen 3 people DC on a match...any thoughts guys?

Comments

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Survivors normally DC when others have disconnected because they feel shafted too. Theyโ€™re now stuck in a tilted game and unhappy about it.

As for the first guy.....no idea. Strange he did it so late. Maybe a crash? Maybe he got trolled by other survivors?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I've had numerous matches, both as survivor and killer, where three people DC'd. It happens.

Once one survivor disconnects, the likelihood of other survivors disconnecting increases. If some of them are SWF, they'll disconnect together. It's also not uncommon for the last survivor left (whether you killed everyone else or the others DC'd) to disconnect if you don't let them escape.

• kazakun
    Options

Yeah I hadn't considered that. You could be right. The last guy was just too much. I couldn't find him for a good ten or so minutes. Closed the hatch. Never tried opening the exit doors. Like you were prepared to waste time. Why not DC when I couldn't find you? Or when he was bleeding out? I left him until about half a state. Then the second he touches the hook,boom. He most likely could've escaped and I probably never would've seen him.

• kazakun
    Options

I see. I just started playing again this week after about a year break so things are still a surprise to me. Was only my second match as killer. I mean the last guy had ample time to escape. I would'nt have cared if he at least tried.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I've had that happen once, where I closed the hatch and then stayed far away from the doors so the last survivor could just leave, but they ended up dying to the entity, anyway. My only guess in that case was that they were waiting for me to check the gate before they started opening it, and since I never came by to check they never started opening it, or they hid in the hopes of denying me the hook. Some survivors would rather die to the EGC or bleed out for four minutes than let the killer hook them. Multiple survivors whom I was going to give the hatch to have bled out because they decided to crawl off and hide.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

More likely since every killer patrols the exits and the exits are usually so close together escape is near impossible anyway - they likely spent their time looking for totems, rummaging chests, or sabotaging hooks - least they get some points for that.

• MiktheSpik
    MiktheSpik Member Posts: 75
    Options

But only two people dcd.... Someone killing themself on hook iant dcing. You still get sacrifice bp. Its better than a dc. And i dont get why you think they dcd cause you were op. Like youre really stressing about how off meta and not strong you were. Maybe that didnt matter?

• kazakun
    Options

I think you misunderstood. One person I sacrificed by hooking them twice. All the others D/C'd. One a few minutes into the match, one the first time I hooked him,the last man standing ran around for 10 or 15 mins then D/C'd after I downed and hooked him. Sounded to me like they all hit leave game.

I just kinda brought up that part to say I don't think I was playing well with a character I never used before that had two perks. Just trying to see what the reason might have been otherwise. Apparently it happens all the time,but I didn't know that because I just started playing again.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    Options

Get used to it tbh, Happens pretty regularly since there's no DC punishment. It's on the way but nobody knows how long.

• kazakun
    Options

Yeah I kinda got that impression man. I had just never encountered it before. I just started playing again like two weeks ago after about a year ish break. So I didn't know. It spoils the fun, especially after a decently long queue. I understand crashes and stuff,but why bother even finding a match if you aren't going to play. Could say that about any game I guess. I'm used to Final Fantasy Online. It has a penalty of 1 hour if you quit a duty that has a full party. I feel like that's reasonable.

• MiktheSpik
    MiktheSpik Member Posts: 75
    Options

Whoever told you dcs are real is lying. Every survicor main is just an entitled skilless m1 jockey that is crutching on the game developers cattering to survivor main needs. Ask any good killer. Theyll tell you xd

• PB182
    PB182 Member Posts: 80
    Options

Once someone disconnects and we still have 4-5 gens left. I stop playing seriously. I'll either disconnect myself or be 100% altruistic until I'm hooked for the last time. It sucks but I understand why players dc

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Clearly you weren't thinking about the survivor's fun and they had no other choice.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Well, how many did you tunnel off the hook with wraith? Seriously, that is the preferred activity of about 70% of wraiths I've seen. So, you might have gotten the first DC from that. The second player is now hooked and knows what you are going to do and just decides the heck with it and DCs. Third player says why bother, and DCs.

Perhaps I'm wrong. I have had players DC within a minute because I down them with Trapper. Boom, DC. Just merely downing them early. I've had others DC after teabagging and getting downed almost immediately.

What I'm saying is, sometimes it is your play style, sometimes it is overly frustrated players. I play with a very different attitude than most killers. I want to have fun, and fun is chasing players, having funny moments, etc. So if I get a DC early, or a suicide on first hook, I tend to take it easy on the remainders. I know how much that sucks as a player and I goof off. I don't expect that from other killers though.

I did get a kick out of a tunneling Wraith who got a DC in the first 60 seconds, and spent the match tunneling one guy after that. We knocked out the gens and destroyed NOED and escaped. He complained about gen rush. Sorry, that was a side note. There was also the survivor who complained after I let him do several gens, then killed him when his party (SWF) all suicided on first hook. He was mad that I did not give him the escape. Sad.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    Options

I was honestly shocked, Eating my words now ๐Ÿ˜…

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
    Options

Instead of a bonus, can killers get all the BP the survivors would have earned if they hadn't dced?

• kazakun
    Options

Naw I don't tunnel unless it's extreme circumstances. I like to have a challenge. Feels more like I'm earning my win. Wasn't tunneling,wasn't camping. No NOED or anything value. Not even whispers or something. No idea barely how to use the killer. I don't know. Maybe they just assumed what I was going to do,or gave up after the first guy left. Last guy was either trying to get points or trolling. All good.

• Warlock_2020
    Options

You likely had some overly sensitive survivors that did not want to "lose". It happens unfortunately. I hate when it happens because not only am I cheated, but the other survivors are.

• kazakun
    Options

I JUST witnessed exactly what you said. A Wraith that hooked someone,went invisible in the corner (literally being extra because he had the perk on that makes you invisible if you stand still) then would tunnel the person off the hook,repeat.

• Warlock_2020
    Options

Yeah, I just played a survivor match with my wife and had a Wraith that did the same thing. We left the guy on the hook, did gens, then he came for my wife and she ran him around until gates were open. That is sad because my wife is horrible at looping. Like, really bad. For one, she's legally blind and can barely see on the swamp map, but he was so bad at chasing. Rank 10 and could not beat a legally blind woman with severe arthritis in a chase. lol

Luckily, she did not want to play anymore, so I went back to killer. Had a suicide on first hook, and toyed with the rest until they got the last gen done. Then I killed them. Was called toxic for it. lol

• kazakun
    Options

You know,it might sound like I'm a softie,but I've thought about that before. Especially in games with any kind of team aspect. Like how do you know the person who's time your wasting,or being a jerk to,isn't some kid with cancer that only gets to play an hour a day or something?

I don't fret over it,but I try to be a decent player. Not saying I haven't been mad or anything. I just try to be fair,and finish something I've started. Done tons of dungeons and stuff online I didn't want to do,but didn't quit because I didn't want to waste someone else's time/fun.

Some people just act however,and DC whenever they get their piece of gear or whatever they wanted. Messages on console always cracked me up. Like you went out of your way for that?! Just gonna get blocked,and a lot of companies ban you for stuff if it's too extreme.