Killer mains, how do you feel about DS and is it OP to you?

Are you fine with just eating it and continuing the chase? Do you slug the survivor until their perk timer runs out? If you feel it’s OP then what type of changes would you like to see? I’d like to know your perspective of it. I always get drastically different responses when I ask players about this.

Comments

• Sodahead
    Sodahead Member Posts: 99

I leave them on the ground as bait. Problem solved.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Stuns are something i'll always heavily dislike, but my preferred playstyle generally has me avoid getting stabbed anyway.

• bartolomej4661
    bartolomej4661 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2020

im thinkits too much

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

DS isn't too strong but it's very annoying for killers to face so it would be nice if it had deactivation conditions like repairing, unhooking, and hiding in a locker. When I play killer I think DS makes the game more interesting, aside from locker plays. Clone plays are also frustrating.

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452

Couldn't care less about decisive strike

• Mikey4Hire
    Mikey4Hire Member Posts: 271

I mean, I just go Chase someone else besides the one with ds, no point in tunneling them just to be stunned. Either that or down them. It doesn't need a nerf, Same with bt.

• HorrorLover74
    HorrorLover74 Member Posts: 39

The only problem is when someone who has it during the endgame. I wanna slug them but its near impossible so I eat it then either way they escape. I mean its good but its just annoying to go against four of them and try and eat them all. Just irritating but at the end of the day its just a perk and there are plenty of counters to it even if it results into you losing the person.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

OP? No. I just think it could use some tweaks. It's an anti tunnel perk. If they're doing an objective, then they obviously aren't being tunneled, and the perk should equate for that.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

Ds is fine with solo survivors but once you fair it with swf and other perks like unbreakable and BT then it’s OP lol

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

No but DS isn’t really an “anti-tunneling” perk. It’s more of an “I’m invincible for 60 seconds” perk. Pair it with Unbreakable/Head On/Inner Strength and you are quite literally invulnerable and survivors should never feel like they have a free getaway.

If I believe a survivor had DS I’ll leave them on the ground and somebody had to come pick them up. If I’m chasing another survivor that will draw one of them to save the slug and that leaves only one person to work on generators.

Sometimes I’ll just eat the DS, but I usually try to go after to savior not the recently unhooked survivor.

• ninjamediness64
    ninjamediness64 Member Posts: 125

Most of the times if I get DS'd it feels justified, but a lot of survivors just wave it in my face as a "you can't touch me" perk. They'll do a gen right in front of me or they'll jump in a locker so I can't just slug them.

I could probably live with those if not for how unbelievably strong DS is in the endgame. Since it still considers it tunneling when they're the only survivor left in the trial, I literally can't do anything to prevent their escape if they're close to a gate or the hatch with DS.

That doesn't happen a lot, but it feels so awful to play against.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It is way too strong imo. An anti-tunnel perk is fine, but it's abused for way more than that. It shouldn't work on grabs and deactivate if another player is hooked, then it would be fine probably.

Eating the DS's early against a good team is how you lose the game.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

I do. 60 seconds is a long time, and I'm constantly worrying about who has DS or not. It makes a lot of close games loses, allows survivors to make bad saves for free, forces killers to play in a very specific way, and the fact that you can't tell if a specific survivor has it causes some anxiety. It is a bad perk for the game's health and needs some extra conditions to prevent it from being abused.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I've got no problem with borrowed time, or Decisive Strike. I never really get why it's so hated, I've seen a lot of killers who really like camping the hook, and really like to tunnel. It is the fastest way to kill someone I guess. I always go after the person who made the save if I haven't left the hook altogether. Usually it's an easy slap when they are going for it, and another slap after the save and that's a downed survivor for me to just re-hook, and go on to somewhere else.

It can be a little annoying once you start hooking people in rapid succession, because you may not remember who you've hooked and how long it's been. But it generally isn't something that happens often.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    edited February 2020

Its fine, if i end up going after them i just slug. The only annoying part is when you get blind sided by a DS because you completely forgot about them while going after other survivors.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

It's very over powered in its current form. It's basically 60 seconds of god mode. The triple tunnel thread shows how broken it is during the egc. I will either slug or eat it early.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,085

Once the last gen has been done or the EGC has started or only two survivors are left, I mean in any of those situations DS becomes ridiculous. The killer's options are very limited, but hey, let's stun him for five seconds for bothering to try. Or hey, let's stab the killer when he's attempting to stop someone from unhooking another survivor in his face. Let's jump in a locker so the killer can't even slug for added pressure: either the survivor stays injured in the locker, or the survivor gets off the killer's shoulder injured. Crazily, the better option is to actually eat the DS so they can't use it later.

I don't get hit with DS very often. I play survivor, I've been tunneled out, being tunneled out early in the match sucks, so I know that DS serves a necessary purpose. Once you reach the end of the match, though, the killer can either tunnel or they can go stand in a corner while the remaining survivors escape, because there's not enough time to play musical hooks without getting DS'd at some point. That's the irony of DS: nice killers who don't tunnel early in the match get punished by it later when it's way stronger.

I remember a match once with a cocky David... it was down to him and a Quentin. Quentin saves him off the hook, I down and hook Quentin, and then I go after David because there is nothing else to do. David continues to act cocky, gesturing at me, and I down him. And then, because I'm not an idiot, I get to watch him spin around at my feet for 60 seconds before I can hook him. Woo, exciting gameplay. Is that really what a killer should have to do? Watch the last survivor spin around at their feet? And if the killer is inexperienced (or forgetful), they'd have picked up the David and gone from one hooked survivor and one downed survivor to two survivors back on their feet running around. How is that fair on the killer? How is being on the ground for 60 seconds fun for the survivor? What kind of gameplay is that??

• Waffleyumboy

Slugging for the 4k is the killer's choice, you're not forced to do it.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

It abused so it is used for purposes other then tunneling, decrease the timer and de activating when getting on a gen or in a locker.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

The same as you feel about Rancor and bleeding out with my handy reverse bear trap on your head, oink.

• TragicSolitude
    edited February 2020

Slugging for the 4k usually refers to the killer slugging the third survivor and then going off to find the fourth or using the slug as bait. This wasn't that scenario. This was the third was on the hook and the fourth was right there, gesturing me to come get him because he wanted to DS me. So then it was the third on the hook and the fourth on the ground while I waited out DS. And he didn't even crawl around looking for the hatch, he just spun at my feet.

• Waffleyumboy

You were slugging him. Why? Because you wanted a 4k. Simple, no?

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Only problem with ds is it should deactivate if you go in a locker or if someone else is hooked

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319

I dont mind DS when it is used as it is intended and when I play survivor and the killer gets hit with DS it is 100% usually tunneling. So it needs to exist. I do think it needs modified so if you do a gen/totem/unhook teammate it deactivates. My main issue is when it is abused by players who arent being tunneled and it is used as immunity.

• TragicSolitude

So... I should've had a staring contest with him while he stood there gesturing at me? Woo, that also sounds like fun exciting gameplay.

I usually let everyone go because I don't care about the 4k. That match went to hell because David let his teammates bleed out. I slugged them to slow the game down, but I didn't want them to die. Then my option is to stand around while two survivors repair a crapload of gens or end the match and move on.

Sometimes this game is boring no matter what you do.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

I would be fine with DS working after every unhook, as long as it cancelled after interacting with anything like a gen, totem, and a hooked player. oh and turned off during the EGC.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited February 2020

I think reducing the timer is not necessary, deactivating on locker/gen usage or when someone else is hooked should be sufficient.

It is definitely annoying if you get hit without tunneling or when facing the default abusings like hopping into a locker or getting grabbed on purpose while unhooking, to take the DS and unhook anyway, because the 5 second timer buff (to counter nerfed enduring) is still up and gives enough time to unhook and escape. This s*** has nothing to do with tunneling.

Countering DS at the moment is pretty much a waste of time. You don't know if you have one or 4 DS in the game. I personally just eat it when I don't have another target to get rid of it or find out that I got lucky. Or I slug if I have another target, if I even go for the tunnel, when I have another target early enough, I just let the possible DS guy run.

I would prefer that DS nerf because it is picked so often at the moment and primarily abused (or maybe 50/50) and that sometimes causes me to tunnel when I don't see an obsession in the game like "wow, you're safe to tunnel, gotta take an advantage from this". And that's somehow stupid and causes "ez" games and unfun for survivors. Sure I could just decide to not do that, but if you just got DSed 3 times for several games it is just too tempting to relax for that one match. And with the nerf it would become less meta, less stresful, still offers its intended use and make me less tunneling on non-obsession games :P

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

D.S. is fine =/ during endgame it can be annoying but is fine overall

• Sodahead
    Sodahead Member Posts: 99

Changed my mind, I'm carrying all Moris now. That's my counter play now. I encourage everyone to do the same.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Honestly I would be fine with it if it deactivated under the following conditions:

1. I hook somebody else (the biggest one IMO)
    2. The survivor is healed to Healthy
    3. The survivor jumps in a locker(also major)
    4. The survivor works on a generator or saves another survivor
  • MagnetBeard
    MagnetBeard Member Posts: 36

In theory DS and BT aren't problems. In practice even if you deliberately try not to tunnel and go after an unhooker instead you'll often be body blocked by someone with DS/BT (or both) active if you attempt to add pressure to an unhook you see happening.

This is one of those rough topics, because yes, absolutely should DS and BT exist particularly due to the fact that killer devout emblem literally encourages tunneling (which is a separate issue that needs addressed as well).

However, when you go complete another chase and hook someone completely different only to be DS'd in your very next chase, it's not a good feeling and is actually kinda ######### design. Moreso when the survivor in question decided to unhook or do a gen in your face.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

For me it's understandable if I get dsed. I don't mind, even though it's super frustrated to play against

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited February 2020

Are you fine with just eating it and continuing the chase? No i'm not fine with it, because doing so guarantee's you lose points in emblems. However sometimes you are required to, because they are the only survivor at the time that can be punished for making bad plays.

Do you slug the survivor until their perk timer runs out? Yes if I have the option to. It's not my fault that they, or the other survivors performed an unsafe save - or is it my fault for maximizing on their mistakes.

If you feel it’s OP then what type of changes would you like to see? For it to get ruined like Ruin did. It's not needed anymore, and as much as it's a fun crutch for survivors - it's being abused to grant survivors immunity. Not to mention it's "No fun for Killers"

The survivor role should be a weak role. You should be in a constant state of peril. You should be feeling scared, excited, and stressed. It's a casual HORROR game, and it's not even scary.

• I think matchmaker and ranking, forcing learning killers to lose like 20+ games in a row with less than 10k BP and no kills, wasting hours of their life for no enjoyment is OP.

DS and such I have never actually had a legit problem with, playing killer or survivor. The diving into lockers to FORCE you to eat a DS is a little ridiculous, but that is about all.

• celestialking24
    celestialking24 Member Posts: 29

I personally have no problem with it. DS doesn't bother me as much and I usually just eat it so I can get it out of the way and move on with the chase.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
  • BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I love DS as a Killer. I just hate it that it can be abused in lockers and it is a free escape in endgame. If BHVR manage to fix these both then DS is totally fine.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited February 2020

DS has a good reason to exist but as is its just abused all the time, used as a shield to help others rather then to protect you from being tunneled, and in combo with other perks even more so (like unbreakable) or hell, just jumping in a locker.

And the scenario of an open door, you down the one DS-using survivor who just ran up and saved another survivor, using BT to protect them...

Well great, the door is open, BT survivor is out, DS survivor is crawling out and if you pick them up they will just DS you... they have a freaking minute for all that....you have no control all in the name of anti tunneling which is not what is going on there at all.

A Simple fix for DS: 1. you are not allowed any actions other then being healed or healing yourself or moving.

Working on a gen, breaking a totem, healing someone else, unhooking someone, it would all turn DS off.

and 2. Crawling in the exit door area also turns off DS.

BUT also 3. if you are being chased during the time period of DS, the timer just stops. because honestly if you are unhooked, killer comes to tunnel and you are good enough to juke the killer for a minute and 5 seconds...well you still were tunneled by the killer so its bs that DS would not work after you finally do get downed.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

If you couldn't recover if you had ds I'd be happy since slugging would create pressure and mean something

• danielbird11
    danielbird11 Member Posts: 150

i don't mind the perk at all i will get stunned then continue the chase

• Fumbipedia
    Fumbipedia Member Posts: 15

I find it stupid that it doesn't deactivate when another person is hooked.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

Honestly I find it a relatively minor-nil problem. First of all, I rarely tunnel enough to actually encounter a potential DS and when I do, more often than not they will not have it. Even if I do get stunned by it, It doesn’t take too long to go down the survivor again, especially since now I know that I can tunnel that person as much as I want and get them out of the game if nescesary. Although some people will say that sometimes u get hit by DS even when not tunneling because you have been downing people fast, if your downing people at a rate like this than you are usually in a very solid position in the game and one DS isn’t really going to harm your pressure that much. On top of this, there is always the simple counter which is just to leave them on the ground which still adds pressure to other survivors as they have to go and pick up their team mate, and every noun then I will get a game with no obsession at all. So to summarise, due to the number of counters and it’s small impact if ran into, I personally find DS to be a relatively minor hinder compared to other things that survivors have access to such as toolboxes and keys.