An off the wall idea.

Options

What if for survivors perks were like items? meaning if survivors die they lose their perks. and what if there were a way to "craft"/ collect perks? giving more meaning to surviving etc.... I've always thought a crafting system of some sort would give DBD a more "full" feeling.... imo atm the game feels incomplete...

thoughts, ideas, concerns?

Comments

• IFeelFantastic
    IFeelFantastic Member Posts: 72
    Options

I dunno, I think crafting might make DBD seem more troublesome than its really worth. I mean, if I had to start calculating the best combinations and recipes for crafting, and if I had to start collecting components from my matches, I might be inclined to just put DBD down for something else. I don't play for the RPG elements like that.

The first thing that attracted me to DBD was that it was a simple first-person STABBER and an exciting survival experience.

Hard pass on it being anything but that. Keep it simple, I say.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

So Survivors can now have a disadvantage while not even in a match? I'll pass.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options
  • Elvenmonk
    Elvenmonk Member Posts: 367
    Options

Crafting? I'm out

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

They're also an option WHILE I'm able to still use my perks.

• CandyBard
    CandyBard Member Posts: 54
    Options

The idea of crafting in Dead By Daylight could be interesting, if done right, but from the way you describe it, it sounds really bad...

I feel like for perks, you could never implement that without a revolt and all survivor mains dropping the game, meaning there's nobody for the killers to hunt, and the game dies because the killers leave, too.

I think perhaps, if you could spend bloodpoints for it, you could combine x number of lesser quality items (example, 10 brown medkits) into 1 of the next quality (in this example, yellow). It would be a lot more convenient, since since purple quality items are rare, though I understand even that sort of thing could be sour to some, because... well, item rarity is a thing on purpose.

Also... There is a way to collect perks. It's called the blood web.

(In other words, if they turned perks into consumables that could be lost by losing, they would have to do it for both sides, and nobody would be happy with that outcome.)