Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Bloodwarden removed for a better mechanic?

So I as a killer main seem to have to deal with survivors constantly staying at the exit gate to taunt and be toxic and had an idea to remove bloodwarden since it is very rare to use in a match and a terrible perk 9 times out of 10 and instead have a 30/40 second timer where if a survivor stays at the gate or within 12m of an open gate then the gate should block itself till 15/20 seconds after they leave the gate room. Good or no? Add on to this if you can.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

That would make the perk even worse if you ask me.

If there are survivors tbagging you at the exit gate, tahts a reminder that you didnt do well enough or that you reached too high rank already. Take it as fuel and make the next survivors suffer harder /derank

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

A lot of players just stay at the gates to make sure their friends is ok, to waste more of your time in case their teammates would need that time to escape, and to get more points.

Just push them out. If you truly want to punish this, just remember the name and get a mori for the next rounds against them.

Personally, I consider every survivor to be a potential offender, which makes my rounds way more merciless in general, and usually happen to avoid that kind of behavior because you simply tend to kill them before/be scary enough.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Runiver said:

A lot of players just stay at the gates to make sure their friends is ok, to waste more of your time in case their teammates would need that time to escape, and to get more points.

Just push them out. If you truly want to punish this, just remember the name and get a mori for the next rounds against them.

Personally, I consider every survivor to be a potential offender, which makes my rounds way more merciless in general, and usually happen to avoid that kind of behavior because you simply tend to kill them before/be scary enough.

But I'm more or less talking about when there is 2 guys left and they are both there or when you face a swf with a killer like Freddy and you have all 4 of them at gate
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

Bloodwarden is good as it is for late game builds, except that dead survivors can see killer perks and the perk icon doesn't indicate how long it's active.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited August 2018

We just need a surrender option for Killers and Survivors, like they did with Identity V, saves alot of time

• TheDarkLycan
    So we could leave match but keep what we earned?
  • Master

@Someissues said:
    We just need a surrender option for Killers and Survivors, like they did with Identity V, saves alot of time

Agreed, currently the concede option is DCing what is quite pathetic if you ask me. Devs are just lazy to add a concede option and punish DCing, otherways I cant explain their decision making

• TheDarkLycan
    Master said:

@Someissues said:

Agreed, currently the concede option is DCing what is quite pathetic if you ask me. Devs are just lazy to add a concede option and punish DCing, otherways I cant explain their decision making

It would also fix taking the game hostage since who ever leaves won't go empty handed
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    The only change to Blood Warden I would do is that it can trigger before the gates are open. Such as either blocking the exit levers or the blockade is activated once the gates are opened.

...and maybe affect the hatch as well.
  • S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110

@Master said:

If there are survivors tbagging you at the exit gate, tahts a reminder that you didnt do well enough or that you reached too high rank already. Take it as fuel and make the next survivors suffer harder /derank

Your 2nd sentence is a joke right? Tbagging is a reminder that the killer was bad or is in ranks he dont belong to. Thats what you mean. That have to be a joke. Tbagging is just a sign of disrespect for the killer (and the player behind him) and should be punished hard. Thats the truth.

• Master

@S0ckenSchuss said:

@Master said:

Your 2nd sentence is a joke right? Tbagging is a reminder that the killer was bad or is in ranks he dont belong to. Thats what you mean. That have to be a joke. Tbagging is just a sign of disrespect for the killer (and the player behind him) and should be punished hard. Thats the truth.

Its no joke, im 100% serious about that. (im a killer main btw)
    If survivors tbagg me too much, then this is a sign that I didnt do well or should start to derank.

Sadly the pip system always forces you to go up in the ranks where you are bullied, so you gotta take care of that manually by deranking such that you can punish tbagging survivors appropiately

• Just_Clown1n_Around
    Just_Clown1n_Around Member Posts: 41
    Or better yet, have the "just desserts" option like in identity v. What this does is create a circle around the killer and it has to be channeled for 45 sec. Anyone in this area after the 45 sec is up will be incapacitated and brought in front of the killer. Any movement from the killer will stop the channeling. This prevents people taking the game hostage by not leaving or using cheats. I personally think its a brilliant idea.
  • TheDarkLycan
    Master said:

@S0ckenSchuss said:

@Master said:

Its no joke, im 100% serious about that. (im a killer main btw)
    If survivors tbagg me too much, then this is a sign that I didnt do well or should start to derank.

Sadly the pip system always forces you to go up in the ranks where you are bullied, so you gotta take care of that manually by deranking such that you can punish tbagging survivors appropiately

So your telling me if I hooked a guy 2 times and he dstriked and used adrenaline then it's my fault for being "bad" when I have no control over it?
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    I think the only way you could make bloodwarden better is if have the spikes stay there until the survivor is rescued. Or if we were going by timer. You could have the time prolonged if you have another survivor hooked. If one of them is rescued then the timer is shortened. Simple as that. 
  • Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    I think the only way you could make bloodwarden better is if have the spikes stay there until the survivor is rescued. Or if we were going by timer. You could have the time prolonged if you have another survivor hooked. If one of them is rescued then the timer is shortened. Simple as that. 

I'd just like to see it changed so that it's every time a survivor is hooked, not just the first one.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Blood Warden is a fairly niche perk, I'll admit, but it's practically mandatory for Endgame builds. Remember me, Blood Warden, NOED, and a forth perk of your choosing. (I go with BBQ and Chili for the aura readings and extra BP)