Dead by Daylight: Five Nights at Freddy's (Chapter Concept)

Options
PhantomMask20763
PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
edited February 2020 in Creations

I attempted to design Springtrap, one of the main antagonists of the series and the most viable candidate for a killer to fit into the game. I tried to make the power as loyal to the games as possible while still proving to be fitting in the Dbd universe. If you don't like FNAF, fine by me, but if you'd like feel free to judge the power and perks on their own instead of by the character it's attached to. Anyways now that that's out of the way let's get to it!

Killer: The Animatronic A.K.A Springtrap (Real name: William Afton)

A fear inducing killer, The Animatronic uses his power “Haunting Fear” to make survivors see phantoms and reduce their field of view. He can also go into a stealthy stance to get the jump on survivors causing them to scream in fear. 

Base Cosmetics

Head: Tattered Rabbit Head- He used this as a disguise, little did he know it would become his new, permanent expression

Body: Tattered suit- What was originally a costume that could serve as an animatronic became his grave

Weapon: Metallic Hands-Large bulky metal hands, able to incapacitate or crush anyone or anything 

Power: Haunting Fear 

Fear has always been what drives him, and here he can finally exploit it to his advantage. The animatronic can use his power to enter a stealthy stance to get the jump on survivors, releasing a blood-curdling screech (12 meters in front of The Animatronic) causing them to scream and raise their “Fear” by 1 level. Survivors in a chase or in the terror radius of the killer will have their fear level raised every 60 seconds. 

Level 1 of fear: Slight field of view reduction 

Level 2 of fear: Moderate field of view reduction 

Level 3 of fear: Tremendous field of view reduction, everything looks greyish to the survivor in this state of fear. “Phantom Animatronics” will appear near survivors and will jumpscare the fearful survivor causing them to scream and disrupt them, jerking their camera towards the phantom. Phantom Animatronics are not visible to survivors not in level 3 fear. In order for survivors to go down in levels of fear they must be outside the killers terror radius or have a fellow survivor snap them out of it. Survivors will return to having no fear upon being snapped out.

“Your fear... will consume you.”

Perks

Silent Murder: You quietly move from one victim, to the next. After hooking a survivor, gain the undetectable status effect for 20/25/30 seconds. 

“I’m here to claim what is left of you.” 

Mechanical Obsession: You will not allow your prey to escape your grasp. You are obsessed with one survivor. When starting a chase with your obsession, all generators in a 24/28/32 meter radius will explode and begin regressing. This perk has a cooldown of 30 seconds. 

“Hide if you want. It did not save the others. It will not save you.” 

Hex: It’s Me

The more you make your victims suffer, the weaker they’ll become. Every time you hook a survivor gain a token up to six. 

1 token: All hooked survivors get the blindness status effect

2 tokens: All hooked survivors get the mangled status effect 

3 tokens: All hooked survivors get the exhausted status effect 

4 tokens: All hooked survivors get the hindered status effect 

5 tokens: All hooked survivors get the oblivious status effect

6 tokens: All hooked survivors get the exposed status effect 

These effects will stack. Only survivors who have been hooked once will gain the effect. These effects will persist as long as the affected hex totem is standing. 

“Let’s see how many times you can be pulled apart...and put back together again.” 

Ultra Rare addons

Fredbear Plush: A stuffed toy of a golden bear

Adds a level 4 of fear: Extreme field of view reduction. “Nightmare Animatronics” will appear and not only jumpscare the survivor, but give them the exposed status effect for 30 seconds too. Survivors will scream but not have their cameras jerked to the Nightmare animatronic. They are not visible to survivors not in level 4 fear.

Training Tape: A tape explaining how to use the springlock suits 

Survivors fear will no longer go down while outside the terror radius, they must have a teammate snap them out. 

Tremendously increases screech range

Mori: Springtrap lifts up the survivor with both hands and bites into their skull, crushing it. He then proceeds to drop the body and screech at the camera

Well, that's about it I think, if you read all of this thank you for your time, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the power and perks. As for survivor or map, I didn't come up with a survivor due to no protagonist human characters being really important to the series like the security guards. As for a map, I imagined a giant Freddy Fazbears pizza, probably abandoned and left to rot with some of the more iconic characters being on stage and coming to life once the gen nearby is completed. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this!

Post edited by PhantomMask20763 on

Comments

• HauntedMandalorian
    Options

I'd buy it. Sounds fun to use and play against.

• ImmersedPootisBird
    Options

This is a lot better than when I attempted to make springtrap for DBD years ago. However, his design could mix both his fnaf 3 appearance and his pizza simulator appearance, having his weapon be a sharp, rusted endoskeleton arm rod.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Sorry,I also don't want a fnaf chapter. First of all,we don't know all the lore about it,so it would really suck if indeed the animatronics are just dead kids.

Since sprintrap (if I'm saying it right,don't judge me,dyslexia :3) is indeed the murderer then it would be interesting,but since we don't know the main character's face (the one we play on 1/2/3) then all the other survivor ideas would just suck....

Sorry :3

• PhantomMask20763
    Options

We do have a book character with a character description of a survivor but I dont think she's as relevant to the story or even canon. So yeah, unfortunately we dont know anyone's faces. Cant stop it from being a paragraph similar to Bubba and Ash though

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Will they scream as they tier up in Fear, similar to how the Doctor does with his Madness? Is it a charged power, or is it just instant? Is there a cooldown, and how long does it go for? Movement speed, size and terror radius? Will the power penetrate walls similar to Shock Therapy?

I do also fear that Mechanical Obsession might be a bit strong, considering you could just break chase, similar to Play With Your Food and get multiple of the effect.

I'd probably also swap Exhausted and Hindered on Hex; It's Me, since Hindered is a HUGE effect in this game.

What you have created is also a killer that could fit quite a few themes, not just FNaF. I'm not completely opposed to the idea of a FNaF chapter, but it does feel, in a sense, too childish for something like Dead by Daylight. Even with gruesome child murder.

• PhantomMask20763
    Options

Yes they scream when they tier up. Yes its charged, it's short. There is no cooldown, it goes on for 2 seconds. Movement speed is 115% and tr is 32 m. Yes the screech will penetrate walls

Mechanical obsession was given a cooldown, the time for it can be adjusted

The hindered effect would only be about 5%, it wouldnt be like clowns bottles or freddys snares.

Thanks for your thoughts on it!

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Hindered is a straight status effect, and it should not be changed between perks and powers. This is why I suggested swapping Exhausted and Hindered.

I'm also guessing "Large" for the size, since it's 32m, 4.6m/s. It would also make sense for a 7" animatronic rabbit-suit.

• PhantomMask20763
    Options

Ah yes, makes sense then swapping the two.

Size would probably be large yeah

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

“Fear has always been what drives him, and here he can finally exploit it to his advantage. The animatronic can use his power to enter a stealthy stance to get the jump on survivors, releasing a blood-curdling screech (12 meters in front of The Animatronic) causing them to scream and raise their “Fear” by 1 level. Survivors in a chase or in the terror radius of the killer will have their fear level raised every 60 seconds. 

Level 1 of fear: Slight field of view reduction 

Level 2 of fear: Moderate field of view reduction 

Level 3 of fear: Tremendous field of view reduction, everything looks greyish to the survivor in this state of fear. “Phantom Animatronics” will appear near survivors and will jumpscare the fearful survivor causing them to scream and disrupt them, jerking their camera towards the phantom. Phantom Animatronics are not visible to survivors not in level 3 fear. In order for survivors to go down in levels of fear they must be outside the killers terror radius or have a fellow survivor snap them out of it. Survivors will return to having no fear upon being snapped out.

“Your fear... will consume you.””

Would probably actually jump scare me.

“Silent Murder: You quietly move from one victim, to the next. After hooking a survivor, gain the undetectable status effect for 20/25/30 seconds. 

“I’m here to claim what is left of you.” “

This would easily be my favorite killer perk.

Mechanical Obsession: You will not allow your prey to escape your grasp. You are obsessed with one survivor. When starting a chase with your obsession, all generators in a 24/28/32 meter radius will explode and begin regressing. This perk has a cooldown of 30 seconds. 

“Hide if you want. It did not save the others. It will not save you.””

Could actually be a nice pressure perk.

Hex: It’s Me

The more you make your victims suffer, the weaker they’ll become. Every time you hook a survivor gain a token up to six. 

1 token: All hooked survivors get the blindness status effect

2 tokens: All hooked survivors get the mangled status effect 

3 tokens: All hooked survivors get the exhausted status effect 

4 tokens: All hooked survivors get the hindered status effect 

5 tokens: All hooked survivors get the oblivious status effect 

6 tokens: All hooked survivors get the exposed status effect 

These effects will stack. Only survivors who have been hooked once will gain the effect. These effects will persist as long as the affected hex totem is standing. 

“Let’s see how many times you can be pulled apart...and put back together again.””

Would be a pretty strong Hex perk if you got it to work.

Fredbear Plush: A stuffed toy of a golden bear

Adds a level 4 of fear: Extreme field of view reduction. “Nightmare Animatronics” will appear and not only jumpscare the survivor, but give them the exposed status effect for 30 seconds too. Survivors will scream but not have their cameras jerked to the Nightmare animatronic. They are not visible to survivors not in level 4 fear.””

Would be interesting to see in-game.

”Training Tape: A tape explaining how to use the springlock suits 

Survivors fear will no longer go down while outside the terror radius, they must have a teammate snap them out. 

Tremendously increases screech range“

Sounds good to me. :)

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453
    Options

Great concept!

I love creativity and fnaf is still awesome IMO I’d buy this except I wonder what molten Freddy would look like in this game🤔.

• Oaky
    Oaky Member Posts: 6
    Options

This is such a great concept and I love the whole idea of it, would 100% play this if not as a main incredibly often

On the front of costumes would there only be variations of the SpringBonnie and Springtrap costumes, such as Glitchtrap and FNaF 6 Afton, or as costumes don't have to fit to lore per say, could they be other characters like Freddy, Foxy, Chica, etc?

• Semimatic
    Semimatic Member Posts: 162
    Options

I'd be fine if FNaF was added to DBD, but not like this at all.

If Springtrap was redesigned and the phantoms weren't added, it would actually be scary. But how you presented it would be a huge nope for me, especially as a fan for FNaF. I personally believe it can fit in DBD if executed right, however.

• TheBoostedRookie
    TheBoostedRookie Member Posts: 28
    Options

I dig it, personally. While Five Nights isn't exactly too compatible with a game like this and a lot of people wouldn't like it just because it's FNaF and its community isn't too great, I think this could be a neat addition to the Fog. The power needs tweaks, obviously, but I like the gist of it.

• SrxErick4
    SrxErick4 Member Posts: 28
    Options

También podría ser como la Legión que son en realidad unos 4 asesinos con el mismo poder. Me refiero a que podrían hacer lo mismo con esta idea de asesino y como cosmético incluyan a todos los personajes de la franquicia FNaF.

• FilthyQuentin
    FilthyQuentin Member Posts: 82
    Options

I think the only way to get fnaf as a whole chapter in to dbd is to wait for the movie to be released if ever.

• CaptainRaider
    CaptainRaider Member Posts: 148
    Options

I absolutely LOVE this idea! would be cool to have a stealth killer who reveals himself on purpose. I believe the "Hex: It's Me" should lose a token if someone dies on the hook, but besides that I love what I've read, great idea!