Are Canadian survivors to blame?

I jumped on one of @Peanits streams recently. To be honest I was hoping I might catch some insider information when his guard was down. (I didn't). Peanits played really well, he is a knowledgable and entertaining rank 1 killer who understands how to pressure gens and when to drop chases. He is very comfortable beating red rank survivors.

However,

The survivors he faced were nowhere near the level of coordination, effectiveness and toxicity of the rank 1 survivors I face and hear others complain about. They were nothing like the survivors I see TrueTalent, Otz or HybridPanda (when he streamed) played either.

Are Canadian survivors the reason why BHVR thinks gen times are fine?

Comments

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

I have also thought at a time if I am just unlucky with the region I playing in, since the difference between my survivors and some of the survivors in killervideos on YouTube where so different, but I was proving wrong.

The videos I see on those YouTube channels lately remind me hard on the survivors I also face. So I don't think there is a regional difference.

Or that is just because I have always played without ruin and the most people now also play without ruin and so come in similar situations as me.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360
    edited February 2020

But in other regions, killers are struggling. There are lots of posts on these forums where people are noticing the gulf between killers and survivors. The survivors are all at red ranks, the killers are all at green. Killers are complaining they are getting destroyed by bad matchmaking, survivors are falling asleep at their gens because it is so easy.

I think it will be really sad if BHVR genuinely think that this is simply confirmation bias.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Holy #########, I cannot agree more. They forget when they win 25 matches in a row, but as soon as they lose one, they go off on a tangent about the other side. There is one popular streamer very very guilty of this.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

As a Canadian. That hurt.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I think Peanits is just a hacker, he picks trash red ranks and sucks them into his matches to make him look good.

• Xetoil
    Xetoil Member Posts: 94

I would be interested to know whether some regions are more toxic than others, (so far when I play SWF we take guesses on our teammates/the killers nationality based on their playstyle and we for the most part we tend to guess right). We play in EU, but I will be changing regions this year so my interest in the subject has piqued somewhat (I'm generally interested in culture/behaviour in my life outside the game).

Personally I get quite a bit of toxicity in my games but as others have pointed out, when I take a step back and look at the bigger picture it IS the minority. Although when I finally do change regions it will be interesting to see if/how that minority shifts.

• Talmeer
    edited February 2020

I can imagine that, but we love you man :).

I love Canada because you have snow, while my region has just rain to christmas and you have so beautiful forests, while our forests got cut more and more down.

In ancient times, the romans where afraid to take a step into the forests of my country... Well on many places is not much left from it anymore:|.

And also I like to calm down from rl problems while I am playing "The long dark". Also a canadian game^^.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited February 2020

I guess South Park was right...

🎶 "𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘥𝘢! 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘥𝘢!"🎶

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited February 2020

I think the devs in general just spend too much time looking at black and white statistics and rely too heavily on them to actually have a stronger grasp of their own game and the balancing of it.

I've watched all the top streaming killers that all play this game for a living and are far better than most killers playing and they all seem to share the same disdain for the game and the balance of it. I've seen Peanits play and he is definitely quite good at killer, so it sometimes makes me wonder why his opinions seem very different than all the other killers I watch.

Well, I suppose I know the reason why. But really? Canadian survivors? Lol. You know, even the best of the best killers struggle quite a lot now with the game, so I think that puts into perspective how much more your average killer struggles.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited February 2020

Really? I genuinely can't imagine Christmas with no snow. Snow is absolutely beautiful and I love the cold. That really sucks that they cut your forests down, forests are such a beautiful part of nature.

• Talmeer

The last real snow we had, was as I was a child. Then for a time we had snowmud. Today it is just rain.

But thats why I appreciate snow in movies and games more. So I can at least see it there^^.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,238

I've had Peanits in my lobby and I'm in the midwest US. Skill is a huge mixed bag within rank. I have waves of games where I crush opponents with Myers and then have 3 where I struggle to get hooks. I'm sure it's the same everywhere.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,439
    edited February 2020

But it still boils down to this. If the survivors are potatoes, of course they get wrekt. But in a high tier coordinated SWF, the game is an entirely different beast. They devs should not be balancing for the potatoes. They should balance for top level play.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

I watch the streamers and I see the same thing. I am on usa south, but I get a lot of players from Chile. They're what tru3 calls the top .5 of survivors. Got an unlucky tile setup on shelter woods vs solid rank 1 swf and I flat couldn't beat them. I juggled, pressured gens, abandoned chases, kept them all injured. Still only got two hooks before I quit out of frustration.

I get those kinds of survivors 25% of the time.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    edited February 2020

This thread is actually ridiculous.

Most red rank survivors these days are potato. Rank right now for survivor is a participation trophy, and not a skill factor.

Also, Canadian players don't only play with other Canadian players. Be more informed, make less nonsense threads. :)

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

What do you mean? Gen times ARE fine :)

• MiktheSpik
    MiktheSpik Member Posts: 75

Killers develop bad habits on bad survivors then rage when they dont adapt and better killers abuse their weaknesses. Every game that ive hard won was because the killer made some incredibly obvious mistakes and i would even bet some of them flaming me for being a skilless m1 gen jockey carried by the games developers fondness for me. If killers sat down and dedicated a day or two to watching high lvl play and noting everything they can and made themselves more open to legit critisism and tips. Theyd get alot better. But they dont. They use mediocre strats that most conscious survivors will be able to play around and escape with maybe one death. Whenever a killers cries or mentions anything about ruin, they are factually devalidated by that point. You cant win by camping your hex totem. Bad habit. Hexs like old ruin were there to help with counterplay of cleansing them. To many aoft camping their totem and inefficiently patroling gens. Not really starting their game until way later because they realize they are going to lose if they continue to sit their. Then panic. Tilt and otherwise ######### themselves into a seriously unfavorable position then cry about how the survs are skillless m1 bots. If you ask any high rank killer how they got there. Theyll tell you. And it wasnt face camping a hex totem. Killers need to explore playstyles and perks that cover their weaknesses in different ways than just follow someone elses beleifs without really trying

• Siracs
    Siracs Member Posts: 5

If this is a serious comment I think it's stupid. P.S I am Canadian so sorry if I offended you eh? Lol

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

I got a team of survivors from Canada today. I wrecked them... HARD. It's the Chileans that I'm terrified of.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I'm not you're buddy, guy.

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383

Same brother, same. Raise a maple leaf and give an F for all us Canadians.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

The survivors on the Canadian servers were actually very good. But they played like non-toxic solos rather than toxic teams on comms.

I would love to play against good Canadian non-toxic solos that give the killer a hearty hand shake at the end of the game. Instead for me its game after game against European teabagging, flashlight clicking, hook-teching Blendette SWF death squads that ask me to kill myself at the end of the game.