DC Time-outs COMMON!

Options

Comments

• EridianBlaze
    EridianBlaze Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2019
    Options

So, here's my 2 sense. BBQ can be countered by a non-Perk game mechanic (Lockers). While Distortion doesn't ONLY counter BBQ, but it also counters any other Aura Reading done by the killer. This includes The Plague's add-on to see vomiting survivors, I'm All Ears, Dear Stalker, Myer's mirror add-ons, and probably more that I can't remember. Difference is that everything else I just listed is stuff that helps the Killer during a Chase, while BBQ only activates after a Hook action. So it makes sense why Distortion only has 3 uses (though I feel buffing it to 5 is within reason).

Also, on the note of DCing, I personally only DC if I need to take care of something IRL or if the game is lagging like crazy. There is no other real reason to DC. If you DC, it doesn't help you in the slightest and only really benefits the Killer, since it makes killing the other 3 Survivors easier since they have so much pressure. So realistically, DCing is kind of a middle-finger to your teammates. And since you DC'd, you also don't keep any BP you gained. Also, any progress towards challenges (dailies and tomes) isn't saved. So you wasted your own time and Blood points (if you brought any Offerings or Items/Add-ons).

Get slugged? So what, deal with it. The game will be over for you in about 2 minutes. Also, getting 4-man slugged and the game being "held hostage" by the Killer is so extremely rare that it's not even a valid argument. No Killer that has slugged my team ever just held us hostage, since they go around picking people up if they manage to find the downed survivor. If you really have that much of an issue doing nothing for 2 minutes, just grab your phone and wait it out. It'll go faster than you think. Getting camped? That's easily punished by gen-rushing. If the Killer wants to watch you die for 2 minutes, let them. They aren't gaining much from it. Lastly, there's one more thing about DbD people seem to forget a lot: Survivors aren't supposed to survive every round, and Killers aren't suppose to 4K every round. So don't DC just because the round wasn't in your favor, or because you made a fatal mistake and want to blame the game for your death.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

The devs, and even Peanits specifically, have said many times that the only valid reason for disconnecting from a match is if you have a real life emergency or have to leave for some reason unrelated to the game itself. So your accusations that they will never reveal what these mysterious "valid reasons" are, are simply false.

I'm not sure I've ever heard the devs say this, so I won't attribute it to them, but the other reason to DC is if the game is genuinely being held hostage. Not if you're being slugged or forced into a bad play, but if there is literally no way the game can possibly end unless you disconnect.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

BBQ is not a good reason to disconnect. It's perfectly counterable - Distortion is not even that great a perk, its only advantage is being able to know for sure whether the killer has BBQ, but Distortion is not how you counter it. Just hide in a locker.

Yes, the EGC is killer-sided. It's supposed to be. The game is balanced as a 4v1, so obviously a 1v1 in that context is going to be killer-sided. EGC gives the survivor one last chance to escape, but it's a chance, not a likelihood. This is the silliest time to disconnect too, because as Peanits said, the game is about to be over anyway, no matter what happens. By leaving at this point, you forfeit all your bloodpoints from the entire game and thus render it a complete waste of your time, much more so than if you'd just taken the death and the bloodpoints and moved on.

Slugging is not holding the game hostage. That's why the bleedout timer exists. If you find it so very boring and don't want to spend that time doing something useful like trying to locate the hatch, there's nothing stopping you from going and surfing the interweb while you wait to die.

I agree that it's a good idea to look into what makes the game frustrating and unfun for some players and try to fix those issues, because it's a game and it should be fun and enjoyable to play. But those fixes take time, and in the meantime, people who ruin the experience for other players by not sucking it up and taking the loss like the rest of us deserve retribution. And the truth is, as long as there's no penalty for it, people will find petty excuses to disconnect regardless of how many frustrating mechanics are revisited.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720
    Options

With this game it will always be a "deal with it" kind of cycle that will push players OUT of the pool.

Que times for this game are getting WORSE. not better. That speaks volumes in itself of PLAYER dissatisfaction. DC rages were NEVER a big problem in all of the 1000 hours I've played until ECG came into Fruition. Honestly. I'd be concerned about that.

• Wuhelm
    Wuhelm Member Posts: 260
    Options

Slugging is not against the rules as it does not hold the game hostage and is a viable strategy.

• Unbreakable_Jeff
    Options

Exactly yall dont want to listen to the survivors yall are soooooo killer sided its not even funny....I'm not saying make it sooo easy but give us a chance EGC was the worst thing ever its only for the killers to get more kills....... but yall think camping, slugging, face camping, and tunneling is ok but our decisive strike was OP...HAHA see what I'm saying it's all for the baby crying killers....

• Dumithicc
    Dumithicc Member Posts: 11
    Options

I'm gonna be honest, the EGC is what made me switch from survivor main, to a killer main. Absolutely loathed the idea of it, but I didn't want to waste the time I put into the game.

• Rinthespooki
    Rinthespooki Member Posts: 255
    Options

As of someone who is tired of having survivors dc because its killer x, he has perk y , he is doing action z on my friend/me , im all in for dc punishments.

Not only that op, your points are weak

Bbq has EASY counters to it (thats without distortion). Not killers fault you refuse to try to counter it.

Egc was made so we stop having stupid hatch stand offs due to how survivor sided the hatch was, end of story. As for gates spawning close to eachother is pure rng.

Slugging is a nice method to spread damage so survivors are forced to heal before fixing gens. If a killer manages to down all of you then it is on you. Dickish? Yes but he did manage to get all survivors downed.

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416
    Options

Baby survivor tears are brilliant, I have some advice, learn how to counter, it's a long process but now all my games with my group never loses, DC is just for people that can't be bothered to learn and cry like a ######### instead, git gud scrub

• Mintyhippo
    Mintyhippo Member Posts: 1
    Options

Literally get left on the floor when I'm the last survivor all the time....... goes away to close the hatch and then just stares at me until the entity takes. It's kind of annoying and time consuming when I wanna get into another match.

• InnCognito
    edited November 2019
    Options

Nobody here is using profanity, except you. Keep it civil if you want to have a discussion.

--- Talking points--

• Yes, Aura perks can be countered. But the counter is VERY marginal. You won't have a Locker every 5' of the map. Infact more lockers have BEEN REMOVED.
    • Healing in a locker doesn't HAPPEN. (nurses calling) And trying to heal outside of the killer's terror radius isn't always feasible. If rarely EVER.
    • The point of the discussion leans on the fact that killers have to rely on VISION through obstacles. Which is ORIGINALLY not what this game title was about. It was about finding survivors behind hidden obstacles and making their life miserable.

1 ) I do NOT recall very many horror films or movies where the killer can see through walls. Except a FEW that have thermal vision or heat vision. Minus GHOSTS. Which they are of "ANOTHER WORLD" that can see or sense others. I mean sure. If the game wants to have a 45 degree FOV perk that starts some sort of sensing of survivors. Fine. BUT, with something that has a pin-point location perk. That becomes "OP".

2 ) You make a good point "baby survivors" don't know how to counter the perk easily. They tend to play as SOLO or outside of groups. But again. THAT is the "brilliant problem". There are PERKS that literally should not be used in matches for lower ranks. Which makes a valid POINT.

I Mean sure, If you are a RED RANK survivor. That is amazing, but the rest of the casual player base become quickly turned OFF to the game.... This game.

Someone may quote "PUT UP WITH IT or LEAVE" - If I had that attitude as a farm-ag service business owner. I'd be out of a job fast and stuck WORKING for someone. instead of myself.

3 ) If you look at Blizzard. They had a game that was growing fast. Overwatch. They began catering to ONLY high rank players, and then if you look at that earnings report. It is LAUGHABLY low now. After they flushed out their casual player base. ( Cough, mercy nerf). Suddenly their lootboxes aren't making them money. Again, Blizzard cattering to ONLY high-rank players. Which is few and far. And trust me. Those Cola sponsorships only can go so far on League.

With that, I yield back. =p.

• EAisHonest
    EAisHonest Member Posts: 29
    Options

Actually yeah being slugged IS a valid reason to D/C. Im not gonna sit in the ground and wait near 5 mins cause the last survivor knows where the hatch is but isn't even gonna bother to try and get me up or work on a gen. The killer is just as stubborn and wont hook that second to last person either.

• EAisHonest
    EAisHonest Member Posts: 29
    Options

Introduce EGC and on some games spawn both exit gates right next to each other giving that last person NO chance. yeah thats deserved...

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited November 2019
    Options

The only valid reasons to DC are as follows....

• A emergency has occurred and you have to go. At which point, a cool down doesn't affect you anyway.
    • The game has bugged out in such a way the game cannot be finished. (Survivor clipped into an object and can't be downed by the killer and thus the gens cannot be finished)
    • You are just done with the game and don't plan on coming back for the rest of the night. Nobody should play angry or be forced to play angry. If you get angry enough to do this often enough to get a cooldown anyway - you got deeper issues and shouldn't be playing anyway.

Any other reason is not valid, period. If you got a problem with the game, don't punish the people who choose to play it anyway.

• InnCognito
    Options

I gotta say. That the discussions are real interesting here. I know we will always see the killer that LOVES these ideas, because of SWF. But when it comes to solo playing. Yeah, it is a WHOLE different situation.

Again, NO DC punishment role-outs until COUNTERPLAY is addressed. Bottom line. The game already has bad enough Que times the way it is.

The game LITERALLY crashes more often than not, and the fancy Unreal ENGINE cannot detect those. Out of all the times my game has "flat-lined" i've only seen the unreal engine error message "send to studios XYZ message" maybe... three times at best.

FIX

• SLUGGED survivor issues.
    • Camping.
    • End Game Collapse. RNG of the gates is terrible. That pretty much condemns the match if the exit gates are NOT opposite of one another.

Simple. REMOVE the closing of the hatch. If the survivor wants a stand-off. It still doesn't happen.

Distortion needs unlimited ticks.

• 9 ticks is how often BBQ will proc. NOT 3!!! The perk is washed out too fast.
    • Nurses calling does MORE than that.

-----------

My Sympathies.

From a developement standpoint. YES, I agree. I would be literally banging my head against the desk. Knowing that all the work I just did. My boss would want this revised. (Or my instructor). I've been there for Linux De-bugging classes and would facepalm or grumble. I was on a team in college for Linux server class and would say that the words "SUDO" and having to make countless directories haunted me in my sleep. Let's talk about those Dell PowerEdge Blade servers and "OSCAR". Good old "OSCAR" and CAT IOS was an evil tormentor from "below". ;-P

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

slugging is a way for the killer to slow gens down without ruin, avoid DS.... some players can be arses but today (at least from my experiences) this extremely rare.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Distortion with unlimited charges would be overpowered. It already gives you 3 outs in which you can extrapolate what the killer is using and thus start developing a counterplay. It's a great perk in and off itself and needs no change.

Using your DC argument to push your agenda of getting certain things you don't like changed is pretty weak.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174
    Options

The game has these mechanics sure, but so what. It's the killers fault if they want to do this. What you're saying is that you intentionally went out of your way to be an ######### just to prove a point. This is a online PvP game, so it comes down to the players to deal with things, not just the devs. Any game like this has the option for 1 person to just ruin someone else's game, and there is nothing you can do about it, so maybe people will DC if this happens. But again, NO ONE DOES THIS. I've never seen a killer go off and slug everyone like an #########. Sure, people have slugged until people die of endgame collapse to be toxic, but how is thag different from a survivor teabagging the exit gate until the killer or endgame forces them out? Most DCs are people who are rage quitting over nothing. Getting camped and slugged sucks, but if the survivor just DCs or kills themselves, they are hurting their team and helping the killer. There is nothing wrong with the game, there is nothing wrong with slugging, the problem is the players. There are tons of perks and mechanics countering different playstyles, if you don't like one playstyle, just don't play, or adapt to it and figure it out. So what if ONE game sucked. Just play again, not everyone is a piece of #########. But the more that people play toxic, the more that they encourage it. If a killer just tunnels and camps, and is an #########, the survivors will just be toxic to the next killer, then eventually that killer starts using NOED and camps and then everyone will start playing like trash. Just deal with the trash, get better at the game, and just move past them, they can ruin one match, but they won't ruin the game.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Buts that would be exactly the point of rage quitting, when the game says "haha you cant escape, because rng decided to put the gates 2m away" though you played well and now are going to lose emblem- and blood points.

• InnCognito
    Options

I am all for a civil discussion and won't use profanity towards you. I have more class than that. Im not going to rage about a video game and stand as a fanboi. Im a customer. I expect a game with a semi decent playing field where both sides have counterplay. Which is originally what made this game an AMAZING title back when they opened up with it. Sure, it had some bugs here and there. But as the game moves on. It gains more luggage that isn't being addressed. What patching doesn't?

My point was never to go out of my way, to prove my own views for selfish gains and skew data.

Maybe you get good RNG from the servers where the world is perfect and do NOT ever have killers that slug. I do. I get them often. Maybe you buy more DLC and the game has a hidden mechanic that considers you a valued customer. While I purchase less. So I get worse games. Tinfoil hat'ing ? I doubt it. But it can be a theory.

Again. Nobody said rage quitting was RIGHT. But here is the matter of the deal. THe fact that it CAN be done, and the FACT that they want to treat DC'ers like this. When there is CLEARLY an issue forcing rage-quitting in the first place.

I am stating. That if a person played this style for the rest of the season. They could essentially disrupt the entire game. Because people would start rage quitting and a person COULD force an infinite que-time issue. The fact is. The punishment can be USED to a person's advantage to disrupt the entire game. SURE, They can ban all they want. But there are people out there with bottomless BANK accounts, hardware and resources to THEIR disposal that can take advantage of this.

You have to remember. THIS IS NOT AN "AAA title video game". Its not Overwatch, its not World of Warcraft, its NOT HALO. It is a SMALL video game. (no offense). We do NOT have a large pool of players. 35k, 40k. That is NOT even close to 1 million active players at once. With a Que time that makes this VERY apparent. and do NOT forget. We JUST got CROSSPLAY. WHen that happens. There is a REASON. It is a VERY small pool of people online RIGHT NOW.

33,000 people - 1:00pm Pacific TIME.

#1 complaint on the FORUM "I just waited 20 minutes as the killer and could not find a match" HM. I WONDER WHY?

Maybe because the PLAYER BASE HAS BEEN scared off??!.. I just dont think that is the reason. No. its the economy. or no. its the weather.

Im being sarcastic. It is the reason that players have voted with their feet and LEFT> Just like on World of Warcraft. They made the excuse of players bored of the game, but when they re-launched Vanilla WoW. The player base that wondered away and was "bored" came right back.

I Digress and yield back.

• Jacksansyboy
    Options

Could be a rank thing, or just bad luck, i don't see many toxic killers. It is bad design for a player to be able to ruin the game for everyone else, but there isn't much they can do about it. Maybe make it so after you are "fully" (95ish %) recovered you can still keep recovering, just WAY slower, or let the first person downed back up if all players are downed. But there isn't any problem with aura perks, so that isn't anything to bother with. Face camping and tunneling is scummy, but there isn't much they can do to fix it, and i wouldn't call it game breaking. They do have perks that help, although they should make DS last until someone else is downed instead of 1 minute. Some parts of the game are rough, but it's not always super easy to fix, and DCing really hurts the team no matter how toxic the killer is, so they can't just not punish it. If people DC that much, something has to be done. But most DCs aren't even to dodge a toxic killer, sometimes they just get outplayed, and rage quit. The Devs have very little information to work with, because they don't play the game as much, and don't see all aspects of gameplay, which is why things seem weak when they come out, then end up strong, or vise versa and have to be fixed (legion, mettle of man, spirit kinda, since she's suddenly a problem, but is the same as when she started.) They all went from 1 extreme to the other, and it shows that the devs don't predict every possible playstyle and interaction.

• InnCognito
    Options

I think I have pretty much said all I can here.

Side A Says - "Please fix the issues so we feel like we have a chance and can go back to some of the old content that worked out decent enough."

Side B Says - "Side A is wrong, they cry too much and everything that is done by this company is the Correct path. They know best."

Summary:

How and what is done in the coming days of this game will be now with Voting by players either

• playing less / playing more.
    • Buying DLC / Ignoring DLC
    • Longer Q times / Shorter Q times.

With that said. We shall see if this game can propel itself to a Triple A Title, or become another H1Z1.

Good Day. and I wish you ALL the best and most respectful endeavors. 😈

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

You’ll rank up even if you die, you are not guaranteed to escape; the game is called DEAD by Daylight - you are meant to escape sometimes but often die to a scary killer.

A killer doesn’t rank up if they don’t kill.

A survivor can rank up even if they die and don’t escape.

• Jacksansyboy
    Options

Annnnnnnd you failed. If you've come to a black and white conclusion, then you're hopeless. No one said "stop crying over nothing" people just said that half of these "problems" aren't problems, they are just game mechanics that you don't like. If you've decided, "oh, I'm just going to kick back and watch this game die because my ideas are right and you're ideas are wrong, and nothing anyone says or does can change that" then what is the point of the post in the first place? Complaining about problems without bringing anything helpful to the table? If you think something like game balance is so easy, come up with a genuine suggestion for how to fix a problem instead of saying, "i don't like this, remove it"

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Where is the point in dying to rng that could be fixed easily? Also I probably not pip safely if i dont get the escape, also i lose many bloodpoints (opening gates + escape) as survivor. Is just rng stupid to laugh at survivors the way it is now.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

I have seen entire lobbies disconnect because of a mori being burned. There are no punishments for it because moris are rarely used.

And I still see a lot of survivors disconnecting so that last guy can get the hatch so whatever system is here, it's uneffective to say the least.

I'm kinda interested if anyone was banned due to excessive dc's last few months.

• InnCognito
    Options

I never judged anyone here on their character. If you cannot have a civil discussion and have to resort to "name calling" I cannot help you there. Go check out the threads over on Steam today about "slugging killers and DC'ing survivors'. I mean I pretty much now am going to sit back and enjoy the storm at this point. Nothing else needs to be said. 😈

• Jacksansyboy
    edited November 2019
    Options

This is a civil discussion, I'm not name calling, and all i said was your post is pointless. You are pointing out a problem that is very well known, and nothing more. You aren't making any suggestions or fixes about it, you're just saying that there is a problem. It's like watching someone drown at a pool party where everyone can see them, and saying "hey, this guy is drowning" and then walking away and laughing as people actually try to help.

And i never said you judged anyone on their character, where did you get that from?

• InnCognito
    Options

This was a situation where the killer was using BBQ. As soon as I was hung. The players that were in a corner were tracked by the killer, and the killer went right to their location. They left. The match OUT of RAGE and disconnected. Their names, were all censored out of respect.

This was a Solo Que game I was doing today. I figured I would try and give the other guy a chance at the hatch as quickly as possible. Because the bill deserved it. So yanking on the hook was the fastest chance I could give him. But because this game has BBQ. The killer then went on over to that other player's location. And the killer continued to farm the bill until they got enough points and dragged him to the hook.

It just goes to show. That just how much players truly do hate this perk. and quite frankly I certainly hope something gets changed for the better.

Maybe if this game didn't have BBQ and did have a hatch system like it use to. With a few adjustments. Players would feel better about the game.

What do I know....

• MightyDwight
    MightyDwight Member Posts: 156
    Options

Rofl. Survivors complain about camping.

bH makes BBQ.

Survivors now DC & whine about BBQ.

Face it; if they did not have BBQ to get their panties in a twist about, they'd come up with another reason to ragequit.

It's not BBQs fault. It's not campings fault. It's not tunneling, either.

They are just crappy players and terrible people who cry and run away when anyone makes them work for a win.

• PubStar87
    PubStar87 Member Posts: 179
    edited February 2020
    Options

I present to you Exhibit A and Exhibit B.

Sorry blurry, had to snap it quick.

STILL de-pipped. Super un-fun.

And btw, it was a campy Doc that made my two DC'ing teammates do it.

So why exactly should we have endured that bs? Hmm?

EDIT: Oh also forgot to mention. I got the Doc with a Head On in the basement, should have dropped my teammate, but nope. Didn't work. Fix. Your. Game. Please.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Ya know why DC penalties are a thing?

Because people cant handle a loss, ragequit, and then ######### over their teammates.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

Facing a camping killer is not a reason to DC. Sure, it may not be fun for you if you’re on hook, but DCing or suiciding just makes it more difficult for your teammates. The best thing you could to is to waste the killers time so your team can do gens.

Now if your team isn’t rushing gens, and are all hiding in bushes or behind rocks doing nothing, then yeah, feel free to stop pushing the space bar.

Same goes for killer. There is no reason to DC unless real life makes you or if you get stuck and can’t do anything. Even with how bad matchmaking is these days, I don’t DC. I’ll try at first, but if it is obvious that they greatly out rank me, I’ll just meme around. If they’re toxic, I just let them do gens while I protect the basement chest. But matchmaking is for another discussion.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    Options

HILARIOUS thread. Keep it going guys.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I've never disconnected over bbq, that's a new and weird one to me. Same killer side, my clown runs bbq and I've never had someone dc on him. (Or in general tbh)

I think in about 800 hours of play according to steam I've disconnected about 6 times I think? All survivor side. I get why it happens. If the killer spawns on top of you and tunnels why stay? Enjoy your bbq stack I guess, I must go my people need me.

You give points for people leaving. I thought that was enough?

• Pok
    Pok Member Posts: 100
    Options

If I sum up, some efficient strategies/perks from killers are annoying for survivors, therefore it allows them to DC, and the devs should nerf killers to please survivors before punishing them for DC?

You're the one asking for civil discussion yet there is passive-aggressive in half of your posts and you just come up as an entitled customer who thinks his way of thinking is acceptable.

And closing the hatch is one of the best thing that ever happened. Hatch standoff were just completely ridiculous and a battle of who can waste more time.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    edited February 2020
    Options

@Peanits Have all the bugs that either force people to DC (eg: stuck in healing position, so game won't end even with EGC), or force people to close their game (infinite loading screen) been fixed yet?

If not, and people are still punished for this, BHVR is going to have a PR nightmare on their hands. Are you guys sure you want to expose your inadequacies this hard? You guys have next to no success outside of DBD. I don't think you guys can afford having bugs like this, and a system that punishes innocent people for your own mistakes.

• SurvJoe
    SurvJoe Member Posts: 111
    Options

it's true gates always spawn close to each other in favor to killer so unfair there's no chance to open gate if u last alive u can check ur statistics and with these bad dedicated servers where u get hit through vaulted pallets and 3 meter away from window devs add disconnect penalties really ?! We still have bug in game where game taken hostage after someone missed skillcheck and only way to finish is to disconnect . Also it's been 4 months where we forced to play with these broken servers and no word from devs about it . Really so disappointed

• Happy2Heal4You
    Happy2Heal4You Member Posts: 119
    Options

People DC because of BBQ? If they DC because of that then they will DC because of anything. BBQ is probably the most counterable perk in the game with the amount of options you have to beat it. You can get close to the range of the person they are about to hook, you can go in a locker, you can fake the direction you are going. This is a petty reason to DC. Also why would you DC at EGC when the match is over? Just take your points and leave. If you failed to do 5 gens and failed to find the hatch first, you shouldn't be rewarded with a free exit escape. If the exit gates weren't easy to defend then the killer would have no reason to close the hatch in the first place and could just keep the game hostage by not closing the hatch. I understand slugging is annoying but I doubt you are going to find many killers who purposely leave you slugged all match. If you are its probably because they can't find your body. There is no reason for the killer to not want the points from hooking as slugging gives you no points. with how this game goes slugging is needed in many situations for killer to attain victory, that's just how it goes.

• Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213
    Options

The game has massive problems in terms of game design and coding on almost all levels. Having doors spawn on adjacent walls on the same side of the map is just horrible design and/or spawn code. If a killer just needs to turn 45 ° left and right to find the last survivor you have no chance. I see a lot of people disconnect a fruitless and chanceless situation like that and rightly so.

There are plenty of games where the developers do not show such a police like attitude but try to improve gameplay instead. It would be easy to punish killers alike for all the "tactics" that make the game dull and boring with in game measures that do not include banning people from playing the game but it just never happens. A camped kill on the first hook should yield exactly 20 points and the problem of facecamping on the first hook would probably be gone. If a killer does not inflict horror on the other survivors after hooking someone the game should follow its own story and make the killer lose points or get stunned by the entity allowing for a hook save since he does neither feed nor worship the entity. Likewise I think for proper killer gamestyle stuff like thanatophobia should be a native ability for all killers, slowing down survivors in their repair progress since under stress you would never be as concentrated.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

It's a casual game, that's why DC penalties won't work. The community asked for it without any thought and bhvr eventually gave in. Watch the suicides on hook and the number of players leaving the game altogether. It's gonna be a mess and a total failure. I mostly play killer nowadays, so at least I'll get my bbq stacks. That's an upside, ngl.

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options

the being slugged is valid though..there are killers that slug and just let you bleed out forcing you to sit there doing nothing until you bleed out. yes you can run unbreakable, or hope your teammates are smart but in those rare instances it is really unfair. even though that doesn't happen that often.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494
    Options

If that is the case and you know there is no hope of getting out since hatch is closed, no key, and two gates are next to each other the go to the basement and get another 1k points in boldness.

Beats crouching around for nothing

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
    Options

This is quite simple. They DC because they don't have a firm grasp over their emotions. These games are not long at all. If you can't handle a 7 minute game not going 100% your way, it might be time to go back to Fortnite.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
    Options

I have left 75% of the time the hatch is closed on me. This is such a ridiculous argument. You know the hatch will be closed so run to the exit gate near it. Most of the time the killer will run to the far away exit, even if it's next to the other one, and won't have time to stop you from leaving.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

Absolutely none of these are valid excuses to DC. If you wanna rage quit, you probably didn't wanna play the game that much anyway, so the game stops you from doing so.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

No.

EGC shouldn't favor survivors so much who literally choose not to leave.

1 killer 2 gates 4 people and a hatch. Killer cant possible watch all of that. If you dont open the gates and walk out in 20 seconds you desire to die.

My solution to survivors in egc is to just walk out or die