Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Sprint Burst > Dead Hard

I wanted to start this out by saying that I am not good at using Dead Hard, but I wanted to provide a couple of arguments for why Sprint Burst (to me) is a better exhaustion perk. Note: I also think that walking around the map to preserve your Sprint Burst is the dumbest thing you can do and wastes enormous amounts of time, screwing over your teammates in the long run. #1: A good Killer remembers that you have Dead Hard. I know that Dead Hard isn’t always used to dodge a direct hit from the Killer, and is sometimes used for ensuring the Survivor can make it to a window or a pallet, but its main purpose is the former and essentially makes it a one-time use perk when you are trying to dodge a hit out in the open. #2: It doesn’t always work (especially after dedicated servers). In the perk description, it is stated that you do not take damage during the dash, yet so many times I have seen players go down in the middle of their DH. #3: It doesn’t make that big of a difference. Does making the Killer whiff once during a chase really make that much of a difference? I really don’t think so. Then again, I’m very average in chases, so maybe for experts in chases it does really help. #4: Killers will avoid chasing you if you Sprint Burst away from them. Beginning of the match, you and another survivor are repairing a gen, and the Killer comes your way. You and your teammate run in the same direction, but the one who is running at 150% speed for 3 seconds will likely not be the one who gets chased. #5: You can easily get out of farming situations. Almost everybody knows that your exhaustion perk automatically comes back once you get hooked even if you have just used it. When your teammate farms you, the speed boost will almost always give you enough distance to get to a pallet or window before beginning a chase again.

Thank you for reading and please give your opinions.

Comments

• Skulldugged
    Skulldugged Member Posts: 17

I really like Sprint Burst. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's sort of meta right now to run everywhere all the time in order to start gen rushing, so if you run right away to get to a gen fast and you happen to spawn near the killer? Bummer.

I'm not great at looping, so I try to save it to (like you said) discourage a killer from trying to chase in the first place.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

Fixated makes it a little more bearable to walk at the start. It's not meta by any means, but it's not half bad. The scratch marks part is also pretty helpful in some cases.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Of course it is, but is boring: you walk, walk, walk and then you keep walking. Gives me anxienty

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227
    edited February 2020

I would say that Dead Hard is better against The Huntress but overall, I agree that Sprint Burst is better all around. Although that is partially because of dedicated servers, admittedly. Dead Hard is still good for getting space, so you can make the next pallet or window but trying to use it to counter a swing feels super unreliable.

Personally, because of my playstyle - constantly running everywhere - I use Lithe as my Exhaustion perk of choice. But I agree that Sprint Burst is better than Dead Hard nowadays.

Also, it should be noted that most killers, if the situation allows for it, play around Dead Hard & wait to swing. You can't really play around Sprint Burst.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Better to walk than urban evading everywhere.

I personally prefer lithe in terms of exaustion perks, that way I can run when i want to, and if I need to go faster, I just vault. Paired with quick and quiet, and dance with me, it really does wonders to get places or get away from the killer

• Brucecastro81

yeah it is (MegHead cries).

Lithe is not good cuz sometimes you get hit trought the window and what's the point of running away if you're already safe (in places like shack, jungle jyms, god loops....)

• Marcavecunc

True. But that's a bit why the three perks are needed for that.. Quick and quiet to go quietly if he didn't see you vault, and dance with me too hide the scratch marks.. Look over your shoulder as you run and if the killer isn't staring at you, find a hiding spot

• Brucecastro81

That build is great tho, put on lery's offering and is so funny

• Marcavecunc

Oh yeah. And quick and quiet is good for getting into lockers too, the cooldowns on both quick and quiet and dance with me are shorter than lithe's, so everything is up and running again in no time ;)

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

Lithe is fine. Taking a hit isn't always the end of the world. You can't even use DH 'til you're hurt, so...

• Morgeese
    Morgeese Member Posts: 13

Yea dh is super buggy lately and sprint burst is awesome when you get off the hook but i think dh is better because making the killer one tim can make a huge difference. It can be the difference from getting out the door that they are camping with noed, it can allow you to continue a monster loop if you make a mistake or simply cant make it to the next pallet without it. Higher skill floor and ceiling i think would be the argument for dh if im using the term correctly?

• reliableclaudette
    reliableclaudette Member Posts: 25

yall hate it because you don't know how to use it. u don't just walk everywhere until the killer gets you. it has a 40 second cooldown and that's shorter than it seems. at the start of the game u run to a gen and it comes back before the killer even comes to u. sometimes u wanna walk so the killer doesn't spot you and in those times it comes back really quickly. pair it with vigil and you'll run a marathon

• Smerin01
    Smerin01 Member Posts: 8

I gotta say I clicked on this fully ready to explain why DH is better than SB but it has been very buggy lately. Half the time I get downed while I use it, or it doesn't register at all. Ever since dedicated servers came out on PS4 (the only platform I play on) I've barely got it to work. Although saving SB for the right moment can be annoying, I can't lie, it might be the better exhaustion perk until it gets fixed. I used to run it all the time in my Meghead days.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I personally think Dead Hard is a better perk than Sprint Burst, if we leave the bugs out of the equation, but that might just be because I'm personally a big fan of clutch mechanics.

Dead Hard is just so much more versatile, in my opinion. Being able to dash to avoid a hit doesn't just help in the middle of chases. You can dash past the killer to rescue a camped teammate, you can dash past the killer and escape after opening the exit gate, and you can even use it to avoid Trapper's traps (at least, you used to be able to - I'm not sure if it's an intended mechanic or not). It comes in handy in a lot of clutch situations where you would otherwise go down.

Also, your guess is right - for a mediocre survivor, forcing the killer to miss a single hit doesn't make that much of a difference during a chase, but in top-tier play it can give you the time you need to make it to the next loop and waste another minute or two of the killer's time, which is why it tends to be preferred at elite levels.

• Andy111777
    Andy111777 Member Posts: 62

The thing is people use Dh to avoid a hit, most of the times timing it with the killer's hit which is probably why it bugs out due to being in conflict with hit or no hit. I just use it to make sure I reach a pallet or a window which is more useful imo than sprint burst

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Windows of Opportunity > exhaustion perks

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

I used to main SB, but you really should be running most of the match so it sucks now. Lithe is way better because it is on demand and can work with other perks like Urban Evasion to allow you to lose the killer. It also works with other chase lengthening strategies. The only issue with Lithe is the top floor of The Game map doesnt have many vault options, but u can use it with pallets.