Would you recommend DBD in its current state to a friend?

Options
13ยป

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

I wouldn't even recommend it to my enemy.

• RobertCop
    RobertCop Member Posts: 25
    Options

That's a big no for me the game is not in a great state right now with all these nerfs, que times and especially all these cancerous rift trial objectives. I've played maybe three matches this month and really see no reason to play till things are changed.

• Kimura
    Kimura Member Posts: 40
    Options

Id rather them play Civilization.

• perpill
    perpill Member Posts: 58
    Options

No.

Maybe if the made it to where Survivors can't squat twice in a row? Maybe like a 3 second timer so tea-baging would be out of the game along with the Survivor emotes. That would help with some of the Toxicity. But matchmaking isn't great. You won't fight people within a 3 level difference. You're rank 17 Killer going against 7-9's.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 581
    Options

This game isn't kind to new players especially if they are playing with experienced players. I'd have to rank down as survivor of I wanted to introduce my friends to the game.

Playing against a red rank killer for your first time would instantly put you off and that's what would happen if I played with someone I never played with before.

Killerwise...I think they'd enjoy themselves until they got to rank 15...

• Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156
    Options

No, too many toxic, and DC.

• perpill
    perpill Member Posts: 58
    Options
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

Should've done a poll vote along side it.

Maybe it would smack some sense into the DEVs

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

No because 1 I have no friends on ps4

Two because in its current state its borderline unplayable, matchmaking and audio needs to be sorted asap

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

I would have recommended this game to new players few patches ago, but at its current state I wouldnt.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 567
    Options

######### no this game has become a clown fest hell i cant even remember the last time i did a daily .... since they butchered nurse ... lol

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747
    Options

Not even kidding.

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349
    Options

Yes, but only because it gets lonely playing solo, and being better than a friend at something is always worth bragging about.

• Hex_ToasterBath
    Hex_ToasterBath Member Posts: 38
    Options

Outright no. There are countless reasons for that, but the main reasons I'd give are, survivor biased, long que times, toxic survivors, survivors always complaining, killer constantly being nerfed to be swayed into the survivor's favor, broken hit boxes, devs who never listen (unless It's survivors). Those were the reason for killer. For survivor I'd say bring a friend and then yeah it's alright considering there are only three balanced killers right now.

• Hex_ToasterBath
    Hex_ToasterBath Member Posts: 38
    Options
  • Supr3_Angel
    Supr3_Angel Member Posts: 22
    Options

Heck no because you will only have the st#pid option to play as survivor and not as a killer you will not get fun playing as a killer

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options

anyone who recommends this game to a friend is a bad friend periodt.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

Yes, and I have and everyone I've recommended it to loves it too.

However, game still needs fixes and balance adjustments for sure.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,498
    Options

Thanks for all of your answers.

The tally:

No 86

Yes 13

Yes, but... 6

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

No. Not even any of my friends who are die-hard horror fans. The game is in such a laughable state right now and it's only gonna get worse with the next mid-chapter patch.

• Effrafax
    Effrafax Member Posts: 32
    Options

Oh heavens no. A few months ago I might have recommended it with some reservations, but not now. The matchmaking alone is probably enough of a deal-breaker, plus the constant bugs; I can't recommend this game to anyone I'm actually fond of.

I understand that the devs care about this game and are doing their best. I understand that they roll out bug fixes as they're able to, and are trying to deal with the matchmaking, sounds, ranking etc. And I appreciate the intent, the communication, and the fact that they've built a game that has provided a decent amount of fun. At a certain point, though, none of that matters. Fundamental systems in the game have been broken for months, and playing through the matches where those issues come up is miserable. The fact that the team is trying to fix the s****y experience for some point in the future doesn't make the experience less s****y now, and while I might stick around for a while I'm sure as hell not going to pull friends into it unless and until things improve.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

No.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

No

console is in dire need of optization

๐Ÿท

• Kenidur
    Kenidur Member Posts: 156
    Options

No,

Game is still very buggy,

Issues that were supposed to be fixed prior to DC punishments still exist. Action bug where survivor gets stuck in position but invulnerable to all external actions, including EGC. Someone has to disconnect to end the match. Response from Admins on this now is "It's only a small punishment" like players should be punished for their bugs.

Too many toxic killers and survivors playing 1 round to the next. The only response is "Well they're playing by the rules..." Because abusing the rules isn't a thing obviously.

Dedicated Servers have proven to worsen game play. For example, killers are still able to hit through windows where the survivor jumps and landed on a lower level. Killers is in the grab animation with a survivor when gen pops and survivor is now running away.

Sound bugs where killers can't here the wimpering of a downed survivor at their feet. Or a killer's (think Bubba, Trapper, etc.) Terror radius activates as they hit you.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

No. It is fun for survivor I escape almost every go, but queues are 20min plus

Not fun for Killer at all mostly bullied

At this point the grind for perks is unreal it's not a causal once every other week kinda thing anymore