DC's and Wifi

Yeah ik "another dc thread" but I'm kinda confused here, I have to use a hotspot were I'm at because money doesn't fall off trees and the problem with this is that my connection is random, some days I can play with no lag at all and others it gets terrible. I can't tell if I'll get kicked from a match r not until it happens. Because my signal ALWAYS shows yellow in lobby no matter how good it does. But now I'll get banned because of that? If I lag out of a match I'll quit 4 the day to not ruin other people's fun but now I have to take a chance at getting banned everytime I want to try to enjoy the game? Idk I'm not a developer but there's got to b a better way to work on DC penalties.

Comments

• TitanByDaylight
    TitanByDaylight Member Posts: 169

Couldn't they have penalties for when someone clicks leave game, or closes the game instead tho? I've seen several other games do that. Plz read what I said more because I never said that my connection is their responsibility I asked if they could fix the way DC penalties r done.

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

While if sucks to have a crappy connection it's not bhvr fault that your internet drops out. Like I would love to be able to stream but unfortunately my internet is to slow that's not twitches fault.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Anyone could just turn off their wifi for 5 seconds and dc that way if they did this sort of stuff. Git gud....internet

• TitanByDaylight

Alright I'll repeat myself just one more time, I'm not blaming BHVR for my WiFi, no where did I say it's their fault my WiFi is bipolar. So plz quit saying, "it's not their responsibility for your WiFi." Hopefully people read this and understand what I'm saying. The only person who has not said that(even tho I said it's not their fault my wifi does this) is @joker7997. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me but when several people say the same thing kinda is kinda ridiculous considering I've already said MY WIFI IS NOT THEIR FAULT.

• TitanByDaylight

True but for that they could just make it where if someone disconnects "x" amount of times a day then they're penalized. That way if someone's WiFi is doing bad they can just leave for the day and try again tomorrow and the person who keeps just turning off WiFi is still penalized

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267

Yeah it is like someone complaining about cops giving him tickets for having a dangerous car that could cause a crash anytime but he wants to drive because there is chance he won't. Excuse my bad example lol.

• TitanByDaylight
    edited February 2020

Alright a simple just get better internet would of sufficed, but since u saying other stuff if I'll tell u y I don't have money, #1 I'm not always gaming most day I don't actually. #2 I'm 19 and basically a helper to a electrician getting $10 a hour and sometimes we gotta wait on shippings. So by the logic your using on your last sentence, because I don't have enough money to spend another $50 on WiFi when I have a hotspot that usually works, my life's not together......There's no need for you to act like that, seriously grow up....btw who hurt u?

• TitanByDaylight

That's actually funny, it was a bad example tho😂 but from what the responses have been ig I'm in the wrong🤷‍♂️

• TitanByDaylight

No I'm just saying they should put more thought into the DC penalties, even For Honor did decent with the DC penalties so ik it could be done. Get what I'm saying now?

• blasto
    blasto Member Posts: 41

I still don’t get what you’re saying. Do you want them to make exceptions for people with internet so bad that the game is unplayable? Like you should be allowed to try and play and fail and ruin the game for everyone else in the match as often as you want to and be treated differently? Is that really the point you’re trying to make?

Look I feel bad for you that you’re hurting financially and can’t afford a better internet connection. Internet in the US is expensive and that sucks. But I don’t agree that you should be able to make your financial situation everyone else’s problem

• TitanByDaylight

No it's still playable more often than not but it does still happen sometimes. Also no, that's y I said they should make it where if someone keeps DC from internet multiple times that they should b penalized, but if it happens once when your playing I believe you shouldn't b banned unless you try to log in and play again right after that because at that point you know your internet will likely cut out. I think it would make the DC situation better for everyone.

• TitanByDaylight

Also I never asked to be treated differently I was just pointing out somethings I didn't agree with on the DC

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Have you even looked at how the penalty system is implemented. That's pretty much exactly how it works.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

Why are you ruining multiplayer games with your bad internet? I'm sorry you can't afford internet but look into playing single player games. Even if you had better internet wifi is still terrible to play games on.

• fengsad
    fengsad Member Posts: 71

They used to have a system based on what the percentage of games that you played did you DC from. See that system was logical, and BHVR has a strict no logic policy. Instead they want to penalize you if you play too much. If you DC every single game you play? not a problem, just play very casually. If your game crashes a few times during a 10 hour gaming session? Sorry kiddo, enjoy your increasing penalties.