The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is DC penalty outrage surpassing Ruin nerf?

2»

Comments

• SEG035
    SEG035 Member Posts: 2

I honestly understand but it dose get annoying for survivor bringing like party streamers or an escape cake or something rare an then the killer gets upset that they can’t play so they DC an move on and especially for survivor when your playing an someone DC cause they can’t play or get tunneled it gets very difficult to escape the trail.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

It is the players' fault for people abusing the lack of a DC penalty for this many years. There should have been one right from the start, and this would be a non-issue. Now that we have a penalty, and I hope and pray they never remove it, all the crybabies who have DC'd these past years have to suck it up and actually do some work to suicide on their first hook.

Entitlement at its finest right here. I find it amusing that stability issues only occur when someone is downed during a chase, fail their DS skillcheck, or completely potato something. It's amazing how exact the game is in crashing when these happen. Pretty good job so far BHVR!

Honestly, I'd rather lose 10k players than have to deal with the DCs. The past couple nights have been absolutely wonderful for matches. Give me people who want to play, and are willing to play, rather than people who will only play on 1 particular map against 1 particular Killer because they are just that bad at the game. I don't care if you are good or bad, just play the game.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I'm curious, what gamebreaking bug that forces you to quit is currently in the game?

• Oshi
    Oshi Member Posts: 306
    edited February 2020

Genspeed is a joke

SWF is a joke

Ruin nerf is a joke

Killers without instadown or map mobility is a joke

DC penalty with broken matchmaking is a joke

BHVR is a joke. 

Just curious, if EVERYONE, like me, stop buying anything, how long do they last before closing their "company"?

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249

Lol. I see we're just angrily generalizing, now. I never said everyone who tunnels is smart, or even good at it. But not all of who tunnel run NOED, nor do they tunnel all the time. It's a strategy to be used when appropriate, not a rule to live by. There's a big difference.

But folks like you seem to miss that particular detail, and rail on anyone who tunnels, regardless of them doing so constantly, or just as needed.

Understand that tunnelers and campers do these things more often then they really should or is smart because the Devs have made it far too easy Survivors to do everything. The game should have a degree of difficulty, particularly for Survivors, since there are four of you in each trail, and despite being trapped in a realm where natural laws don't really apply regularly, you're still just normal, unremarkable human beings. Why should you have any super special abilities that put you on par with a powerful, often supernatural killer?

The answer is that you shouldn't, and yet, because the Survivor base has practically taken this game hostage with their extensive and often irrational list of complaints, the Devs have to meet in the middle on things they really shouldn't be, and it's driven the game into a corner, making the Killers live too difficult without having to find loopholes and cheeses from time to time.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

There is the stuck healing bug.

Bugs like that are rare I admit but it’s the attitude towards the entire situation that has people pissed off.

Last time they tried the dc penalty that healing bug was in the hame. Even EGC doesn’t end the game so it literally causes a disconnect standoff between the killer and the survivor.

Months on and they’ve tinkered with the disconnect penalty yet that bug still remains. You see why people are unhappy?

DBD is a technical mess. If people had faith that new updates would be issue free and bugs were fixed in good time then nobody would have an issue. However there are bugs that have been in the game for so long, every update seems to get worse. Last time we had a new killer within hours almost everyone was experiencing the basement void bug which literally was a gamebreaking bug. Not to mention killers were getting stuck in pallets/gens. I remember when I would often get stuck in trees for months before it was fixed. Lets not forget killers that used to bodyblock survivors holding the hame hostage, or people abusing bugs like infinite mending legion. If someone wants to disconnect now THEY get punished rather than the person exploiting.

The infinite load screen was my biggest concern. Apparently that one wont count as a disconnect but there are conflicting reports from players.

Server issues DO count as a disconnect though. It’s a 5 minute penalty for no fault of your own.

People have called for “operation health” of this game and yet it falls on deaf ears. Everytime theres a bug Peanits or whoever will simply reply “we’re aware of it”.

Comparing DBD to games with other penalties is ridiculous because those games don’t have the wealth of problems that DBD has.

If they are going to be punishing people for the problems with the games then its time the devs were held accountable for the state the game is in.

I won’t even bother playing once the update is out until I know its safe because I can’t be bothered being told I need a timeout because I quit after I got stuck in the scenery or something.