The spirit

Options

Is it me or she's slower than most of killers? I feel like she has the same movement speed as Hag

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

She is slower indeed.

• guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149
    Options

@ZombieGenesis amanda isn't slow :p

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212
    Options

yes, shes got the same movement speed like the Hag. 110%

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    guest602 said:

@ZombieGenesis amanda isn't slow :p

When she crouches she moves slower 
  • CassetteTape
    CassetteTape Member Posts: 3
    Options

She got all that booty weighin' her down :chuffed:

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    Options
    She is extremely fast if played well and She can plain Swift... It is impossible to predict her movements
  • Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Options
    FinLadd said:
    She is extremely fast if played well and She can plain Swift... It is impossible to predict her movements
    She literally cant see you when using her power, just move in a random direction or vault and she then has a long cd for her power to come back...
  • FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    Options
    Her pontential is high
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options
    Most killers with long range attacks or teleporting abilities will have a lower movement speed. The Doctor has a lower movement speed in treatment mode. The Huntress and Hag have a slow movement speed and The Nurse is PAINFULLY slow. I don’t mind The Spirit having a slower movement speed due to you literally not being able to see her at ALL during her teleporting. I feel as though she is definitely going to be on par with the top tier killers in the game. Maybe not as OP as a good Nurse player but she has high potential. Only thing I am wondering is why out of all of the killers with long range attacks, why doesn’t the Clown have a slower speed?
  • RSB
    Options

@MegMain98 said:
    Most killers with long range attacks or teleporting abilities will have a lower movement speed. The Doctor has a lower movement speed in treatment mode. The Huntress and Hag have a slow movement speed and The Nurse is PAINFULLY slow. I don’t mind The Spirit having a slower movement speed due to you literally not being able to see her at ALL during her teleporting. I feel as though she is definitely going to be on par with the top tier killers in the game. Maybe not as OP as a good Nurse player but she has high potential. Only thing I am wondering is why out of all of the killers with long range attacks, why doesn’t the Clown have a slower speed?

So... You think she is OK, and the Clown needs to be even more weak?

• MegMain98
    Options

@RSB said:

@MegMain98 said:

Clown isn’t weak. He is one of the stronger killers in the game actually. I didn’t SUGGEST he got a speed nerf, just wondering why he didn’t have the same base speed as the Huntress since they both have a long range attack. Not to mention in all reality he shouldn’t move faster than The Huntress since he is a lot bigger than her. He doesn’t need a speed nerf but it just doesn’t make much sense why the Huntress has a lower speed than the Clown. Damn people always assume the worst out of you.

• RSB
    Options

@MegMain98 said:

@RSB said:

@MegMain98 said:

Clown isn’t weak. He is one of the stronger killers in the game actually. I didn’t SUGGEST he got a speed nerf, just wondering why he didn’t have the same base speed as the Huntress since they both have a long range attack. Not to mention in all reality he shouldn’t move faster than The Huntress since he is a lot bigger than her. He doesn’t need a speed nerf but it just doesn’t make much sense why the Huntress has a lower speed than the Clown. Damn people always assume the worst out of you.

He has 115% speed, because unlike Huntress, he can't hurt survivors with his power. He needs to block the path/hit them, then run to them and then hit, while Huntress can just throw and hurt.
    Doctor is 110% while in Treatment mode, because he can use his power without limits (the only limit is charge).
    Nurse is 97% because... well, everybody knows why.
    Hag is 110%, because she can snowball like hell, and she just does not need 115% to be very good.
    The Spirit... Yeah, what about her? She has 110%, but the cooldown for her ability is 20 seconds. While using it, she can't see the survivor, and she needs to charge her power, which is quite long. Her power is not as great as other killers', but she is still 110% killer. She needs some sort of buff, because she is too weak tobe hindered with slow movement speed.

• MegMain98
    Options

@RSB said:

@MegMain98 said:

@RSB said:

@MegMain98 said:

He has 115% speed, because unlike Huntress, he can't hurt survivors with his power. He needs to block the path/hit them, then run to them and then hit, while Huntress can just throw and hurt.
    Doctor is 110% while in Treatment mode, because he can use his power without limits (the only limit is charge).
    Hag is 110%, because she can snowball like hell, and she just does not need 115% to be very good.
    The Spirit... Yeah, what about her? She has 110%, but the cooldown for her ability is 20 seconds. While using it, she can't see the survivor, and she needs to charge her power, which is quite long. Her power is not as great as other killers', but she is still 110% killer. She needs some sort of buff, because she is too weak tobe hindered with slow movement speed.

Well thanks for explaining the Clown vs Huntress movement speed. I’m just unsure about The Spirit, her ability (especially paired with ultra-rare add ons) seems to be incredibly powerful and she still has a slight speed boost out of her ability. I’m not against her movement speed being the same as most of the killers, but does she really need it? Not to mention...unlike The Nurse, the survivors cannot see The Spirit at all while she is using her power she can still track scratch marks and blood and easily pull a survivor off of a generator. This may however change when people start to get used to playing against her. Not against any sort of buff for her but the PTB just came out today and people are already saying she is an awful killer when they have barely given her a chance. She has great potential.

• RSB
    Options

@MegMain98 said:

@RSB said:

@MegMain98 said:

@RSB said:

@MegMain98 said:

Well thanks for explaining the Clown vs Huntress movement speed. I’m just unsure about The Spirit, her ability (especially paired with ultra-rare add ons) seems to be incredibly powerful and she still has a slight speed boost out of her ability. I’m not against her movement speed being the same as most of the killers, but does she really need it? Not to mention...unlike The Nurse, the survivors cannot see The Spirit at all while she is using her power she can still track scratch marks and blood and easily pull a survivor off of a generator. This may however change when people start to get used to playing against her. Not against any sort of buff for her but the PTB just came out today and people are already saying she is an awful killer when they have barely given her a chance. She has great potential.

I do not claim, she needs 115% of speed, but her power should really help her with juking/hunting then. Her cooldown is 20 seconds, which means she can't use her power effectively, and she can't see the survivors. She can't even move while charging the power, which is very long.

Yes, she can see the scratch marks, but what if the survivor would run into the killer? Or stop running and just walking? Let's say she tries to break the loop and uses her ability. Survivor then becames invisible and can just walk away, while she thinks he is still at pallet loop spot. And that's it, the killer's ability can be thrown to the bin.
    When survivors became aware, that they are invisible, and she can only see their scratchmarks, she will be a hell to play. For killers, of course.
    Also her ability to see blood is a bug, she has an high rarity addon for this.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

@MegMain98 said:
    Only thing I am wondering is why out of all of the killers with long range attacks, why doesn’t the Clown have a slower speed?

Clown cant have lower movement speed for two reasons.

Firstly, his power is all about the survivors' movement speed, unlike any other killer. Because of that, he has to bend the rules/conventions for it to be viable. Otherwise, you would have a simple M1 killer that can slow Survivors down, but not enough to catch them. Maybe they could decrease his speed, but only as long as his tonic is buffed as well, such as longer duration and/or increased movement speed reduction. That would be similar to our current Clown, but with longer chases.

Secondly, his projectiles do not harm Survivors. they do cripple them, but not direct harm. That is the biggest difference between him and Huntress. Also, the hatchets rely on precision, and dodging them becomes increasingly difficult the closer she is. Then you have Clown, whose tonics are AoEs. Precision is not important for him, and whether he is 10m or 15m away from you, its irrelevant, because tonics are used to herd Survivors in a specific path (and other uses, but generally its that). From this, basically, I am trying to say he shouldnt get his speed reduced because there is no reason for that, if you catch what I am trying to say (I had trouble putting it into words).

A valid point would be saying "That extra 5% makes him more dangerous", and that is true. However, his power isnt strong enough to be a "carry" like it is for Hag, Nurse and Huntress. Unlike them, Clown has collision and, as I said before, cant harm them from afar.

• MegMain98
    Options

@RSB said:

@MegMain98 said:

@RSB said:

@MegMain98 said:

@RSB said:

@MegMain98 said:

I do not claim, she needs 115% of speed, but her power should really help her with juking/hunting then. Her cooldown is 20 seconds, which means she can't use her power effectively, and she can't see the survivors. She can't even move while charging the power, which is very long.

Yes, she can see the scratch marks, but what if the survivor would run into the killer? Or stop running and just walking? Let's say she tries to break the loop and uses her ability. Survivor then becames invisible and can just walk away, while she thinks he is still at pallet loop spot. And that's it, the killer's ability can be thrown to the bin.
    When survivors became aware, that they are invisible, and she can only see their scratchmarks, she will be a hell to play. For killers, of course.
    Also her ability to see blood is a bug, she has an high rarity addon for this.

The survivor and Spirit both cannot see each other so it comes down to mind games basically. Honestly I feel as though her phase walk shouldn’t have collision and she should be able to go through obstacles similar to how The Nurse can phase through obstacles while blinking. It would he kind of OP for the Spirit to be able to see the survivor while phasing because her ability wouldn’t have a downside besides the 20 second cooldown while every other killers ability has at least one downside to it. Phasing through obstacles should be a part of her ability to be honest.