What year did you start playing dbd?

Options
MysteriousPerson
MysteriousPerson Member Posts: 12

I'm wondering how much people still play or view/talk about the game on here and how they have seen the changes from the start compared to the "newer" players. feel free to talk about your thoughts from how long you've been playing and how it changed

What year did you start playing dbd? 115 votes

37%
Gay Myers (Luzi)MandyWeedericklubsoilHommeBizarrePuggyMohawkBossRizzoFoggyDownpourGibberishAdelooSeiko300PandomicemancatInjiMysterTalFibijeanBlueberryArthurFiNCHrCheers 43 votes
21%
BardCamoRangerCrtKazzbrokedownpalaceTrial_By_ScytheRaveanDimekxmenfanaticsilverwolf4455Keene_KillsStrancolWalker_of_the_fog_96[Deleted User]Dr_LoomisSunaIIanufly_172FindeMarteLordRegal[Deleted User]Nakedwildman 25 votes
25%
TheButcher12Blade92I_am_NeganTragicSolitudeAven_FallenTheRockstarKnight_HSboom04_then4321Boosted_DwightKathecruTaigaUistreelpalletsryummyBrucecastro81hanscardosoDetailedDetrimentkaratinac97Yung_SlugHelevetin_nopeeTodgeweiht 29 votes
14%
TheGameZpro3HailohAhoyWolfanonymous31337MrsGhostfaceSeeYoureWrongEnderloganYTKeelahIcewhisperFilledPizzaSebaOutbreakfairfieldismsMang_AnwarMysteriousPersonnoname11223345CraftingSoupBoiSlipp 17 votes
0%
MysticMusician 1 vote

Comments

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

It was a long trajectory I hope to stay alive for the next few years!

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Though I only played a few weeks back in 16. My computer didn't quite handle the game back then. I rejoined back in 2018 when performance improved.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

I started playing when the year of the pig event was here, with the lanterns.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

July 2017, a week or so after the PS4 release.

Brought it cause I loved Friday 13th and I knew Michael Myers was coming to DBD.

Never loved it as much as F13, and my love for DBD grows smaller with each passing week. 🥀😂😂😂

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

A week before curtain call was released on PS4

• MysticMusician
    MysticMusician Member Posts: 149
    Options

I only just started playing this year. My friend got the game for me and my boyfriend so he would have people to play with. It has become one of my favorite games.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

I bought it early 2017, but I never actually played it because my laptop couldn't handle it. So it sat in my library gathering dust until around Halloween 2018 when I noticed some Dark Souls youtubers were playing it.

Funny to think I was gonna be a Nurse main when I first got it, just because I liked the look of the rose weapon. I wonder if I would have taken the time to learn her and ended up still playing her to this day...

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

I remember when it was just the 3 OG's Trapper Wraith and Billy. Ahh yeah... I definitely don't miss infinites and double pallets and pallet vacuum or anything like that

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,037
    Options

Owned it on release, but had PC issues and forgot about it till it was free on PSPlus around Clown Release.

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options

I saw the game and followed it before it was released, but I only got to play it for the first time around October 2016. This game has been through quite the journey and I still love it to bits :) I'll be here until it dies most likely

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427
    Options

31st October 2016, baby.

• huntressmain03
    huntressmain03 Member Posts: 117
    Options

Whatever year had pre-huntress lockers

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited February 2020
    Options

Got it for free on PS plus and fell in love with it, sometimes I cant understand how I ignored it many times on the PS store.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

Glad to see my fellow 2016 veterans still pulling through with our vast experience and knowledge. Very proud to have been here since practically the beginning. I was paying attention to news about this game shortly before it's release and I saved up the money to get it maybe 3 weeks after it released in June. My first achievement is dated sometime in July

• Nakedwildman
    Nakedwildman Member Posts: 198
    Options

I started to play because a friend gifted me the Game in 2017. He was a rank 1 surv. When we played together even if I was the one that died in almost each game early, I had fun. Then he quitted playing it because he disagreed with many changes. I stopped to play for almost 1,5 years. Then I started to try it out alone. Noticed the fact, as Survivor I'm #########, and without pre mates as swf, i can't really play to a satisfactory level, due to the "yolo unhook" players. Then I tryied myself out as Myers.. as doctor... I loved to play the old doctor... Then as spirit, and actually as spirit or heg. But I do not really enjoy these games, because:

I get a full lobby of redranks which does destroy me within 3 minutes, and either genrush me, or do loopand juke me from pallet to pallet, doesn't matter of how much I do tryhard.

Or

I get a full potatoe rank 20 lobby as rank 14, which don't even manage to finish 1 single gem, and instead of even trying, they want to "farm" bloodpoints, which I don't like either.

The game has many changes to do still, and I'm sometimes raging a lot about the behaviour of some survivors. but I don't like the game totally, if not the decisions that are made sometimes.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

once GF was added I realized I had this game. I had it since 2017, but never played until GF.

• CraftingSoup
    CraftingSoup Member Posts: 69
    Options

I only started playing since December 2019.

• CraftingSoup
    CraftingSoup Member Posts: 69
    Options

Ok so i didn;t even realise but this is my own post. F.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
    Options

I've played off and on since the Beta. Taking various long breaks in between each year.

First happened when they introduced Survive With Friends with no intent on addressing how to balance it with a game clearly designed around the contrary. This was on top of the recent strat of just destroying all your hooks.

Happened again when I had several SWF teams in a row, making playing killer impossible if you're not a killer who can dish out pressure.

And I'm taking a break now because I detest the Ruin rework and the way the Devs treat the Killer side like they're literal NPCs.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

I'm going to say 2019, but it'd be EARLY 2019. Darkness Among Us was the latest patch, and it was before Year of the Pig. Winter Wonderland was over, but I'm not sure if it was in the new year or not.

Picked it up because quite a lot of us tried getting into Friday the 13th since we had a massive group who all met through Overwatch. Some of us picked up DbD because we though it'd be better, and could be played with less people. I think that I'm the only one who still plays it.

• Mang_Anwar
    Mang_Anwar Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2020
    Options

Bought the game in 2018, never played it. Start playing it in 2019...

Post edited by Mang_Anwar on
  • SeeYoureWrong
    SeeYoureWrong Member Posts: 88
    Options

Right after ghostface, but I didn’t know that

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

Dbd got gifted to me on 5th June 2016 and I never stopped playing xD

• MysterTal
    MysterTal Member Posts: 157
    Options

I found the game through a Free Weekend promotion on Steam just after the Hag was released, at the very end of 2016.

I tried it out during the Free Weekend but before it was even over I already bought the game.