Spine Chill

ratsmacker
ratsmacker Member Posts: 44
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

Edit: People aren't getting the idea so I'm just going to put this here- I'm not saying it needs a nerf, I'm just giving my opinion that it makes the game more interesting without it (Both for killers and survivors). But, I didn't consider solo queuers while making this. So honestly, getting rid of spine chill wouldn't be a good idea.

-

Let me start this off by saying I am a survivor main (atm) and that I run spine chill in almost all of my builds. I think it's a fairly popular perk as well.

Which got me thinking what it would be like without it. I think it would make the game a lot more scary, and would force survivors to be more aware of their environment. I also think that it would greatly benefit stealth killers, like Ghostface and Myers. (But obviously just benefit all killers as a whole)

I also feel like spine chill does negatively impact survivors, since a lot of them tend to hide as soon as it flashes for even a second.

I'm not saying it NEEDS to be removed or that it's op or anything, but I think it would make the game a lot more interesting.

(Played without it btw and a ghostface made me nearly piss my pants, so that was cool)

Thoughts? Also, sorry if this is typed weird, I'm on mobile.

Edited to rephrase some things.

Post edited by ratsmacker on

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I think it is fine as it is.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 537

Well, if you want that thrill just don't use it

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Spine Chill actually makes me bolder, as I have a clue on what's happening. If it goes bold, I move on, if it flashes, I'm fine.

Also, immediately after Rank Reset, I was hit wih 2 Ghostfaces, a M&A Hag and a Pig in that order, so the detection is really worth it.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

You're joking...remove aura reading perks and TR too? Balance doesn't matter at all...

• ratsmacker
    edited February 2020

I literally said that I don't think it needs to be removed, but it would be interesting if it was.

Also, the game is heavily in survivors favor. Lol

• LlamaArmour
    LlamaArmour Member Posts: 75

No reason to touch Spine Chill. Not everyone wants to be jump scared, and it takes up one perk slot with a good (neither amazing, nor terrible) perk.

Besides that it's my favourite perk so delete this thread pls 😂

• ratsmacker

This comment got me thinking and honestly, I didn't even really consider solo queue survivors while making this post. (I mostly play in groups, and I think most ppl do too)

I think it would suck if they did this for solo queuers. So actually, I kind of changed my mind lol.

• ratsmacker

LOL honestly I probably would if you could delete posts on here. Didn't consider certain things and now I realize it's not really a great idea.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Even in SWF, it gives such fantastoc information. Someone calling over coms "SPINE CHILL" tells me a lot.

I now know where the killer is, where they're heading and who they're targeting.

For solo-queue, I also highly recommend combining it with Bond to see if someone has broken chase.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I used to run spine chill a lot but I got really bored of it when I got better at the game, my friends were also the same too. I'd rather look for the killer and have a bit more of a challenge than look at an icon to see if it's lit up or not. As killer coming across survivors who run spine chill is also absurdly boring sometimes. The ones who run urban evasion and sprint burst with spine chill are annoying to deal with but it's hardly game breaking.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494
    edited February 2020

I dont use it. I find having to pay attention to the icon to be far too distracting. I was looking at the icon more than playing the game and holding M1.

Does Spine come with an audio like premonition? I cant rem since i dont use it.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

No audio cue. I found I see it light up out of the corner of my eye.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494
    edited February 2020

Yeah, at my age reaction time is not the greatest. I am 50 this year. I also have a few floaters in my eyes. Dark, lightless, areas in my vision and they look like spiders with legs.

Imagine having a small tick constantly in your eyesight. This is what floaters are essentially. They come with, here it comes - and what you young people have to look forward to, old age.

What happens is that the light sensitive coating on the back of your retina separates from the eyeball and this creates dark spots. But the way they separate makes the dark area look like spiders or ticks.

I scared myself a few times when i first got them. Stared into a white cup of water and saw this thing floating in there. It was not int he water but in my eye. Scared the crap out of me.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Ah, I can see why it would be less useful then. I personally don't have the best hearing, so I've found Spine Chill very helpful.

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909

I've been using Spine Chill more recently too because jump scares are the only thing I can't handle in horror movies and games. I initially started using it with Resilience for faster vault speeds (one of my favorite builds of all time!), but I liked that it helped out against some of the stealthier killers in the game so I didn't have to be paranoid all the time. It really improved my game experience, and I even still sometimes run into a random Ghostface or trigger Hag traps and scream from that jumpscare.