Most enjoyable night of DBD in months

Options

Played about 4 hours last night. Mostly killer but did squeeze in some survivor. Not a single DC. Nobody ate it on first hook. Nobody was left to bleed out or mori spammed. I can't remember the last time I had such a fun night of DBD. I know it's only one night but so far I am loving the DC penalty system.

Comments

• Kurrmiu
    Kurrmiu Member Posts: 23
    Options

I'm glad you had good games since the DC penalties change.

My first 2 games had 2 survivors on my team dc on their first down. Third game, the killer dc'd during the first chase. Hope it will be better for me today too :)

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178
    Options

congratulations!

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I had a DC early yesterday to gift hatch. His teammates were ribbing him for it post game. Have we confirmed the time of DC penalties?

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749
    Options
  • Number22
    Number22 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Things have been going smoothly for me as well. Haven't seen a DC yet. However, I played a match yesterday where the doctor held the game hostage knowing that I wouldn't want to DC because of the penalty (plus I don't DC anyways.) He killed all 3 of my team mates and got me down, and instead of hooking me, he chose to pick me up, drop me, pick me up, drop me. The end game hadn't been triggered yet, and I hadn't found the hatch, nor did he. When I would wiggle free he would chase me and down me again. Then repeat the process. This went on for what felt like 8-10 minutes until he finally decided to hook me. I put down the controller and stopped trying, guess he got bored and gave up. I know he was doing it to troll and with the intention of making me DC or sit there frustrated and deal with it. It's a shame that people will find a way to ruin a solution and find new ways to be toxic. I'm not too worried about it, but if this becomes a thing I hope something can be done about it. Reporting doesn't seem to be very effective. Other than that things went fine.

• judge_fist
    judge_fist Member Posts: 114
    Options

It might have just been a lucky night because I had a similar experience. No DC's or 1 hook deaths even on teams I had to slug out with 1 gen left. Almost all 4k team wipes. No hate mail. In fact the opposite after sending out a few ggs after games only recieved positive responses. Even made a new friend after I slaughtered him & his team. It gave me hope for the DbD community. I don't expect their to be too many nights like this but we've got to enjoy them while we can. Lol Peace, love, and DbD.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

This was obviously going to happen because the community has a lot of really bad apples in it.

Shame the devs couldn't care less. To them as long as it doesn't hold the game hostage permanently it's perfectly fine.

• MiktheSpik
    MiktheSpik Member Posts: 75
    Options

Doubtful. This game is weighted for surcicors totally. Basically unplayable for how weighted for survivors. Like can you beleive killers even log in since the game is just a free win for survivors. Like gen rushing every game. Swf is literally unbeatable. Impossible to have a good night since DS exists. Since BT exists. Flashlights exist. Survivors actually trying to play the game exist. Any killer with a brain will tell you the game is just completely unwinnable and unplayable and you shouldnt even try cause its unplayable.

• King_Steve_Forever33
    Options

Now sure these posts are about personal experiences. But then we have people that decide to just blmae some random bullcrap, its annoying and not helpful to anyone. To any who had a good day, congrats hopefully it sticks, and to those with a bad time good luck in the future. I personally have gotten really short survivor matches i wait forever for, not that its terrible but there isnt much fun in it. Idk what to blame here.

• King_Steve_Forever33
    Options

Also we this is posted after good reviews by killers for their last few games, friend.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited February 2020
    Options

I encountered a Claudette last night that was intentionally failing every gen/healing skillchecks, dropped every pallet on the map without being chased, and lead the killer to any injured or healing teammates. It was obvious the player was trying to get us to DC, and fortunately the killer caught on and wasn't having any of it, he was pretty chill. After she died on the hook with no one making the attempt to save her, the killer let the rest of us finish the gens and leave. We all reported the player, but I have to admit I wasn't expecting this level of toxicity to hit so quickly after the penalty system was implemented. I've had a few survivors kill themselves on first hook, or immediately run to the killer to get downed and hooked so they could kill themselves, but trying to make the game frustratingly difficult for your own team so as to encourage DC'ing... that's just low.

Aside from that game though, I totally agree with OP! I haven't had this much fun in DbD since before the Legions release in December of 2018. 2019 was a year plagued by a DC epidemic that never went down, and was rough for all of us, especially the more casual players. Ever since the Penalty system was released yesterday, I've been having a blast, and it feels like a nostalgic reminder of why I started playing this game in the first place. Thank you Devs, I no longer have to worry about petty teammates ruining it for us before we've even finished the first gen. Nor do I have to worry about the Killer DC'ing because we completed a gen early, or broke a hex totem in the first 20 seconds.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Not gonna lie even the swf survivors I faced have gotten better since the DC penalty was implemented - it's like you take their weapon away and suddenly they want to treat people like humans again.

• Foxfire47
    Foxfire47 Member Posts: 232
    Options

I haven't had a chance to play killer yet with the DC penalty yet but for my matches last night as survivor, not one person DC'd the whole time which was a nice change for once. I am happy that they finally decided to implement this into the game. I'm still holding out that they will fix other things with the game but this is a good start.

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243
    Options

A thread that isn't complaining? Devs need to nerf this thread because it's too OP.

• MiktheSpik
    MiktheSpik Member Posts: 75
    Options

I was just exaggerating. After that post i quickly saw everyone posting it unironically. So sorry i was just doing it thinking its funny but apparently killers actually ######### like that. How sad.