Crash with report still banned?

Mr_X
Mr_X Member Posts: 15

So I had the first crash today for ages, maybe I've been lucky, but anyway I got sent to a screen to report the crash. I still got banned.

I'm not going to complain about accidental bana as they're necessary in my opinion. I've had a huge number of games ruined by disconnections. My issue is, if the game crashes and generates a crash report, why am I still getting banned? Obviously the game knows that I didn't disconnect, lose internet, pull a cable etc. I'm confused.

This must be happening to others?

Comments

• Mr_X
    edited February 2020

I don't know how to edit my post... But anyway, still lost pips etc. There must be some way they can have a submitted crash report clear the penalties. It would also encourage more people to submit them.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

The devs can't tell whether you forced a crash or it happened naturally. If it's a rare occurrence, the timeout will have been almost expired by the time you get the game running again. This is intentional, and how the devs want it to be.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Anyone remember when they said they WOULD be able to tell the difference when they got dedicated servers? 😂

• Mr_X
    edited February 2020

It's really not a big deal, it only held me up for like 2 minutes. I'm sure someone could make a tool to for a crash, but how else would you force one? It's not like you can just go to menu and use the force crash button.

I'm bringing this up because most of the complains I've seen about the bans are focused on crashes. Though I suspect the complaining is mostly* coming from people who want to be able to d/c, and now they can't, so they're blaming crashes to get the devs to disable it.

I say this because D/Cs were such a huge problem for me, I can't phathom anyone would be against the bans unless they were D/Cing. A small penalty, even unintentionally is so much better than D/Cs almost every game. Just my opinion.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

Crafty people can make this game crash and force a report making it look normal. There are people out there that play games solely to look for exploits.