Devs please, read this!

Options
Animator
Animator Member Posts: 372
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

If you are going to improve Trapper by giving him the opportunity to deploy traps without raising them, would it not be more logical to give (or rather return) his old animation for setting traps? You agree that the new trap placement animation is the worst thing you could give him?

Let the new animation be used when Trapper opens a trap on the ground without raising it. But this animation will be used when Trapper takes a trap and wants to put it again. It would be more logical and more interesting and more diverse.

Comments

• Animator
    edited February 2020
    Options

Well you try. This is still better than leaving the crap that you did for Trapper. It is impossible to look at it, because when you see such an animation, blood flows from the eyes.

Seriously. What is now in the game looks a lot worse than that accelerated old accelerated trap placement animation. It would be better if you did not change anything.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

Since you are giving him the option to reset traps on the ground, could you also change the trap snapping on Survivors' foot thus moving the trap out of place, so you would need to pick it up again and put it back in the original place... Because that feature seems useless with the trap moving out of position.

• Animator
    Options

If you really wanted to change the animation, you had to take your time and sit down and think about this issue well. (just why? Old, accelerated was better). Are you doing your creation under cyberdiscipline or what? Why should I and the rest of the players look at this crap? It’s difficult to call it even animation, because it’s a complete crap.

When you look at Trapper from the side, how he sets this trap, then immediately the whole atmosphere disappears. Before you is not a big and formidable killer, but some kind of plastic fool, a robot, no more. By doing such ######### animations, you are killing your game in terms of atmosphere, uniqueness, etc. What for?

• Animator
    Options

It really hurts me to watch how you degrade your game visually. Just a downgrade....

@Peanits

• Animator
    Options

Remember: your game is not suitable for eSports. She just can't get there, because it was not created for this. It makes no sense to sharpen it for eSports.

You only kill her. Stop before it's too late. I beg.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

It's a QoL sure but it still betrays the traps location. Just like Rainbow maps showing his traps. What's up with that? :v

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Heres the real question and im secretly hoping Peanits graces me with an answer.

Does this mean traps wont occasionally move after a survivor steps in them and is freed/grabbed?

i remember this being a thing though i admit i havent played him in a while. I assume its something to do with animation sync

• gamerscrybecauseofme
    Options

No. Do you see how long it takes to do that? If we get something that helps speed him up only to slow him down again, there really isn't a point. I don't know what your problem is with the current animation, but I and the rest of the sane trapper community don't want the animation slown down.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

Maybe you don't like it, but calling it crap and saying no one likes it it's just you being mean. The "new" animation is not bad at all.

• Matadorinicuo
    Matadorinicuo Member Posts: 4
    Options

The animation is fine, but the other comments suggesting the traps not move after being stepped on 100% needs addressing. That's so annoying now if you use the iridescent stone.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    Options

I'll be honest, I wish that trapper could just reset the trap with his feet. Just step on the release bar, and then kick it open with the other foot. It kinda sucks that he loses so much awareness when setting traps, especially since that's his primary method of spreading out map pressure. I've had people walk straight in front of me and crouch at the nearest corner, just to reset my trap as soon as I walked out the door. It's not a great feeling, especially since there's not much you can do about it unless you check every single corner before leaving your trap.

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    edited February 2020
    Options

I dont mind the animation aslong as the trap does not move ...(it should be pixel perfect at the location i set it up before it sprung).

Just being a bit to the side could mean a survivor can get through and i dont...

Ty

• peacemaker94
    peacemaker94 Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hell with that fokin trap... man, tell me why there is so beatiful shadows and lighting?

I mean, ur gif is just awesome, ive got ultra settings and still it isnt that good mate